User Tag List

Page 700 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 750 800 1200 1700 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    homade chicken meatballs, mashed potatoes and a gravy to go over it all - Ikea Swedish meatball experiment at home lol
    This meal was awesome!!! I added a spoon of cream cheese to the gravy and OMG - tasted just like the Ikea gravy they use!

Tonight - I forgot to take chicken out of teh freezer - OOPS! so will probably have the pre-made homemade turkey burgers with a coleslaw and maybe some taters
    anisa, Natalka, user-id and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Tonights menu will be featuring a roasted ham shank (I think the bone gives so much more flavor to the ham) with scalloped potatoes and roasted green and yellow beans with garlic and rosemary. I'll make a red-eye gravey for the ham and if my body allows (I have to go out to the store to pick up a few things today) I'll make some cheddar bay biscuits with garlic and rosemary to soak up that wonderful gravey.

So........ what time is dinner? I wouldn't want to be late

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Last night I made a homemade tangy ceasar salad dressing for the ceasar salad, Boiled potatoes, Gravy and Pork Schnitzel.

Tonight we are going to a volunteer thank you picnic so no cooking!

Tomorrow is date night and we are going to The Washington Grill (I have a coupon of course)

and Sunday the whole extended familia has decided to go to the new Swiss Chalet for Fathers Day

Only have to find something for Saturday now.
    Natalka, harbie, user-id and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I'm gonna ask a HUGE favor of you SC chef's I need some recipe ideas for chili. It can be a meat or a veg head chili I don't care as long as it is PACKED FULL-O'-FLAVOR! It can be a quickie or take a few hours to make and can use canned beans or even the dried ones that need to soak overnight. DH is a chili freak and the way I make it (lazy mans way) is open can of Nalleys and add 1 can kidney beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, and some chili powder. It tastes good but I'd like to make a real homemade chili.

Thanks

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

harbie I make both kinds ( all veg and with meat ) ,however I think the quick way using canned beans tastes every bit as good as one that would simmer forever. Diced canned tomatoes too, no lack of flavour there as you can buy the DelMonte Chili Style ones now. I have started adding real crushed chilies to the mixture too, as hot as the gang wants. Well maybe I will learn something if another member posts a homemade recipe that they say is the best.
    Good luck

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

ok ladies heres my chili recipe - I take 1 pound ground sirlion and brown it in a frying pan - I add a diced onion, a diced green pepper, half a jalapeno diced and a bunch of smushed garlic - I let that go til the meat is brown and the veggies are tender - then I add a can of Almyers accent chili tomatoes, 1 can of tomatoe paste, 1 can of mushrooms or fresh mushroom diced. For spices I add half a teaspoon of ground cumin and marjoram, a quarter teaspoon of thyme and you can add (to your heat level) up to 2.5 tablespoon of chili powder (but 2.5 is a bit spicy as the tomatoes have spice already) then I add a healthy splash of beef broth and a can of drained kidney beans and simmer til it smells irresitable (about 1-1.5 hours)

Serve with grated cheddar cheese on top and the next day with the leftovers we have chili dogs for lunch!!

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Rice and Beans, Salad with homemade italian dressing

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

OK, here's my chili recipe, I've been making it for years. Depending on who will be eating it, I will turn the heat up or down (I love the heat from the spices, but the grandkids, not so much), but the recipe remains the same. I always start with fresh herbs and veggies (with the exception of the canned tomatoes).

Fresh Veggies & Herbs

2 carrots diced very small
    3 ribs celery diced medium
    1 large onion diced medium
    15 or so large mushrooms sliced
    3 green onions diced
    1 red pepper diced medium
    1 jalapeno pepper diced (you can remove the seeds & rib if you don't like it to hot)
    18 - 10 stems of Italian parsely chopped finely
    2 sprigs rosemary chopped finely

Spices. Meat and Canned Products

1 large can or 2 small of kidney beans
    1 large can or 2 small cans of stewed tomatoes (I use Aylmers but you can use any kind)
    1 can tomatoe soup undiluted
    3 cloves fresh garlic, pasted (dice with salt into a mash by using edge of knife)
    1 tbls chili powder (make sure it's fresh & hasn't been sitting in your cupboard for a year)
    1 tbls cumin
    1 tbls fresh ground black pepper
    1 tsp sea salt
    2 tsp cocoa powder (again fresh, not one thats been sitting for a year or more)
    1 tsp celery salt
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp oregano
    1.5 pounds of any ground meat you would like ( I usually use either beef or turkey)

Instead of the ground meat, if you prefer Texas style chili you can use a beef steak such as a large round cut into 1 inch pieces ( but you have to cook the chili for at least 3 hours when using to get the meat tender)

Brown meat in 1 tbls of olive oil (I use garlic flavored oil that I make myself), once meat has been browened well, remove from pot and set aside to drain. Brown sliced mushroom in same pot with drippings, then remove with a slotted spoon (I just add them to the bowl that has the meat in it). Add more olive oil if required and brown rest of chopped veggies except the green onions (this browning process gives the items their flavour and it's important to do this step) when veggies are almost browned, add garlic. Once veggies are browned, add mushrooms and meat back into pot.

Add tomatoes and tomato soup. Stir to mix well. In a small bowl, combine all spices and mix well, then add to pot and stir to combine well. Add kidney beans (drained) stir gently and simmer over very low heat for a min. of 2 hours, but the longer the better ( I will make early and let it simmer all day, usually but I have eaten it within 2 hours). Just before serving add in green onions and cook 5 minutes more. Enjoy served with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream or whatever else you like on your chili
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Mon, Jun 18th, 2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Last night was Mitchell's smokies on buns (amazing hotdog buns from Sobey's bakery... they are so soft and yummy!), coleslaw, and macaroni with a sauce I made from leftover gravy and tomato sauce.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was all out of DD and mine diet meals as of last night..what to do....what to do? Well, had to bite the bullet and cook through the pain early this a.m.. That part sucks, you ladies with aches know what that is like. Stuff still has to get done no matter if Mom is not up to snuff.
    Made 9 servings of the rice pasta ( penne) with ground turkey and the usual no salt tomato sauce as the base loaded up with spices ( garlic,onion,dill,Italian seasoning ), tossed in a can of those no salt whole cherry tomatoes ( gosh they are great, pull off top on the can)

Still have to make her the pizza's and the roasted turkey breast portions, ugh, taking a rest. btw I still LOVE looking at all those fab meals you guys are posting, thanks.

holly and kimmi your chili recipes make me want to try them, I love new recipes too.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

We have decided to postpone our garage sale and go comaping instead as the outlook for the weekend is NO RAIN Soooo, tonights dinner will probably be something like cheese and bacon burgers with salad (hmmmm, depending on when we leave, I may have time to make a nice potato salad to bring {my fav } )
    Natalka, user-id, attitash and 3 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tonight will be egg salad on fresh buns, along with a veggie soup using the leftover macaroni from yesterday.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

for the chili...

if you can, add coriander (fresh if you have) and cumin with the chili powder
    Also if you have sweet red pepper paste available use it, if not add some paprika for the fruity taste of red pepper combine with the spicy one of the chili
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tonight is grocery night so something quick - prob cream of mushroom soup and a salad - we are going to make some apps for tonight when we watch Nik Wallenda cross Niagara Falls, I am making my low fat hot artichoke and crab dip and homemade guacamole
    user-id, attitash, BC Gal and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I had friends for breakfast so I made...everything nut,gluten,dairy, sugar free and everything was vegan! And NO pineapple of kiwi

MENU

Drinks:

Coffee with silk French vanilla non cream
    Vodka sunrises. (I had mine without vodka..so just a sunrise )
    solar ice tea with lemon

Main:
    blueberry scones
    dark choco chunk banana bread
    applesauce loaf
    grilled veggies and tomatoes
    crepes with grilled asparagus and pesto
    watermelon,cherries, apricots, plums,grapes
    berry parfaits with coconut yogurt and cinnamon granola
    NO one could believe it!!!
    Last edited by Abby5; Fri, Jun 15th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.

Thread Information