User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thrift Store/Second Hand Brags!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by >Femme Fatale< View Post
    I got those from the SPCA thrift store. I've seen seen some other $1 racks at church owned stores, but they're normally just junk!

My Value Village didn't have a pre-sale event for members...that's what it stated in the e-mail I received as well. You guys are lucky if yours had one! I'm really not looking forward to the zoo tomorrow, but here's hoping it'll be worth it!

My recent finds. I've been trying to find some nice purses and I wasn't disappointed:

Rabbit fur/chainmail clutch: $12
    Brown leather Coach bag: $3
    Black leather Coach bag: $3

Black leather bag: $3.50
    Straw chain purse: $2.80
    Leather/pony hair purse: $5.60

I found some nice genuine snakeskin purses too. I love exotic leathers!

Some close ups:

I loved the hardware on the black one! It's a brand that tried to be high end but went out of business...too bad, the quality is really nice!

I also got a fur coat for $10. That was the store's regular price, crazy!
    Love the Coach bags! I'm a vintage purse junkie!

I picked up a couple of plates last week for $1.99 a piece. My collection of kitchen stuff is almost complete for when I move. I just need utensils and cooking pots etc but I am waiting for a good sale somewhere to buy them new.
    Abby5, ssbean and saveadollardiva like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just found out I live near a Habitat for Humanity Restore, sweet!
    anisa, Abby5, ssbean and 2 others like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I picked up a mulinex kitchenn food processor/brender/chopper for $15 last week! This little machine has a dozen parts and can do about 200 things! The only problem is it's missing the english instructiions, and the metal blade (it seems this little piece breaks easily, and I have to order one for my MIL's as well). It sure has a lot of power For a little extra I can order the parts to turn it into a mixer.
    At a yardsale I found the old kitchen chair everyone's mom/gramma had! It's a high chair with 2 steps that fold under, and it was my favorite perch while I was growing up. I gave it to my youngest (shortest) son to aid him in emptying the dishwasher. It was $1... and I have other family members asking me to keep an eye out for more of them.
    At a local church rumage sale I found 2 old OLD meat grinders! I make my own dog food and these simple crank grinders easily grind meat AND bone (chicken/poultry, rabbit, fish... not beef so much).
    anisa, davidsprincess and Abby5 like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Just found Naturalizer sandals for 1.50....new condition!!! I have narrow feet and have an extremely hard time finding footwear. So this was extra sweet

PunkRockPrincess davidsprincess's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i swear 75% of my wardrobe comes from value village. all my friends ask where i get things and i tell them vv.
    as soon as i have time im gonna post pics of the stuff i have. i love 50% off day and i will never pay mpre than $5 for any specific item-im cheap.

sometimes it disappoints me cuz i will see a baby phat shirt they r selling for $24-even half off its $12. u can get that cheaper in the states or same price at winners
    (im not into that brand) but even if it is name brand they need to realize its a second hand store so prices should be cheaper
    PunkRockPrincess

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's crazy!!!!
    Abby5 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i love value village too i found aerosoles peep toe black lether pumps for a wedding i am going too in oct-9.00-just a tiny bit worn
    Abby5 and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Reviving this thread!

I hadn't been on a successful thrift in ages since moving because I couldn't find any good places. Well I finally found a place that is good to me! They have a ton of brand names. I left behind a vintage Burberry coat today because it was much too large for how tiny I am I was VERY sad leaving it behind but I don't have the time to resell and am not sure if something like that even would sell well on ebay, so I left it behind. It was 19.99...I also tried on some Theory pants but again, apparently size 2 in that brand is way too large on me...Not sure if they make size 0's if not then I will never own Theory

I did buy a Betsey Johnson rain coat for 7.99! It's practically brand new by the looks of the tags. The stitching is out on the pockets in a couple of places, like someone put something too big for them in it and ripped out the stitching, but I know how to sew. Once my mom sees it tomorrow and can help me pick out the right thread since it seems to be a bit more heavy duty compared to what I have. Then I have a great fall and spring coat. I own the exact same one in lime green and let me tell you that I'm ashamed to admit I paid 25x more for the green one new! In my defense it was a going back to school present to myself a few years ago. I splurged and then stopped buying things so I could pay for school LOL!
    Today I picked up a Juicy Couture long sleeve knit top for 9.99. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but I need all black clothing for my job and I know if I had to go to H&M and buy something last minute I would spend the same amount on something from there so may as well get something that was a bit pricey retail and hopefully better quality! I don't own anything Juicy Couture so not sure what their quality is like but this shirt feels heavy duty and nice.
    Abby5, coupon girl, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have not been thrift store shopping for a while
    I am here in Buffalo, NY and the sales are great!
    Got a Hollister sweater for $11
    Nick and Nora pj pants for $10
    and tons of stuff for my DS
    He is so happy and is already for back to school
    One of his favorites is a double bed Quicksilver duvet set for $14!!!!
    ssbean likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow rose you did great -i love thrift shopping always have since i was little and my mom took us there -now in my later years love it -i got as beige purse last week for 14.00-its huge and great handles -i am pretty sure this purse retails for 40.00 -not a name brand but i love it-so many compliments already

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    wow rose you did great -i love thrift shopping always have since i was little and my mom took us there -now in my later years love it -i got as beige purse last week for 14.00-its huge and great handles -i am pretty sure this purse retails for 40.00 -not a name brand but i love it-so many compliments already
    Lucky that your parents used to take you! Mine didn't but I discovered thrift store shopping during high school because I had a 4th period spare and couldn't go home because I lived too far away from the school. If I didn't have homework to do then I really had nothing to do so I would walk into town and go to thrift stores!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Reviving this thread!

I hadn't been on a successful thrift in ages since moving because I couldn't find any good places. Well I finally found a place that is good to me! They have a ton of brand names. I left behind a vintage Burberry coat today because it was much too large for how tiny I am I was VERY sad leaving it behind but I don't have the time to resell and am not sure if something like that even would sell well on ebay, so I left it behind. It was 19.99...I also tried on some Theory pants but again, apparently size 2 in that brand is way too large on me...Not sure if they make size 0's if not then I will never own Theory

I did buy a Betsey Johnson rain coat for 7.99! It's practically brand new by the looks of the tags. The stitching is out on the pockets in a couple of places, like someone put something too big for them in it and ripped out the stitching, but I know how to sew. Once my mom sees it tomorrow and can help me pick out the right thread since it seems to be a bit more heavy duty compared to what I have. Then I have a great fall and spring coat. I own the exact same one in lime green and let me tell you that I'm ashamed to admit I paid 25x more for the green one new! In my defense it was a going back to school present to myself a few years ago. I splurged and then stopped buying things so I could pay for school LOL!
    Today I picked up a Juicy Couture long sleeve knit top for 9.99. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but I need all black clothing for my job and I know if I had to go to H&M and buy something last minute I would spend the same amount on something from there so may as well get something that was a bit pricey retail and hopefully better quality! I don't own anything Juicy Couture so not sure what their quality is like but this shirt feels heavy duty and nice.
    Hey, you're on the purse forum aren't you? I remember those finds . So you've probably seen some of mine too.

Since my last post, these are my best high-end finds:

Christian Dior - red lapel wool blazer: $5.60

Trussardi - Leather tote bag: $4.90 (RSP: $1000!). I also love the little book clutch right beside it! That one cost me $2.80. I actually found two of them on the same day at two different stores!

I loved the little dog clasp. It's circular like an ouroboros.

Escada - Skirt suit: $5

Early 1960's Barbie: $1.99

Ostrich skin cowboy boots: $2.50 - Similar ones retail for $700 new!

Real fur collar: $1. I'm not sure what kind of fur it is, but it's definitely one of the nicer ones!

These other ones I like because they're so fashion forward:

Mondi - floor length wool/cashmere coat: $4.99

Military blazer w/capelet: $5

Michael Phillips - blue military blazer: $5.99

Marciano - NWT pink mist blazer: $17.99 (RSP: $200)

Silk dress: $5.60

Parasuco - Santana denim biker jacket: $9.90 (RSP: $175, according to this!)

Just look at those metal shoulder plates!

And, since I'm a sucker for pretty shoes and purses:

Ruffled leather shoes: $1

J.Renee studded suede pumps: $5

Pearlescent plastic box purse: $7 - Way too much, but I love plastic box purses!
    Fuschia snakeskin purse: $4.20
    Gold mesh purse: $4.20

Balenciaga Paris - Red leather purse: $3.50 - Not the super high end version that sells those motorcycle bags everyone wants, but still great quality.
    Black box purse: $3.50
    Leather/rabbit fur purse: $3.50
    Wide studded heart closure belt: $3

The belt was a ripoff since it was falling apart, but I thought the heart closure was neat, so I picked it up anyway.
    coupon girl, coley3 and ssbean like this.
    >>BRAND NAMES up to 90% off* - join BEYOND THE RACK and get $10 FREE!<<
    *amended the percentage due to recent sales

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I haven't shopped VV lately. But my Mom and I collected costume jewellery. Eventually when we had too much we would sell the stuff we didn't want on e-bay. Anyway sooo many good finds. But the best one I will never forget was a mixed bag of junk for $3.99. I brought it home sorted through it and there was a real gold brooch with seed pearls and a ruby on it. It was hallmarked from England and was from 1896. Appraised value $500 (4 years ago). I would never sell it though. It was my first amazing find!! Lots of times VV has costume jewellery that is in bags. Mixes of broken and kids stuff. Often though there is broken gold necklaces in it etc. Used to sell at $3.99 but I have seen the bags up to $12.99. So take a look. You could find something amazing.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I haven't shopped VV lately. But my Mom and I collected costume jewellery. Eventually when we had too much we would sell the stuff we didn't want on e-bay. Anyway sooo many good finds. But the best one I will never forget was a mixed bag of junk for $3.99. I brought it home sorted through it and there was a real gold brooch with seed pearls and a ruby on it. It was hallmarked from England and was from 1896. Appraised value $500 (4 years ago). I would never sell it though. It was my first amazing find!! Lots of times VV has costume jewellery that is in bags. Mixes of broken and kids stuff. Often though there is broken gold necklaces in it etc. Used to sell at $3.99 but I have seen the bags up to $12.99. So take a look. You could find something amazing.
    Great story! Did you pick it up because of the brooch or was there some other reason? I never bother to look at the jewelry, I can't tell what's real and there's so much junk!

I'd love to see a picture of the brooch if you have one!
    pippinelkhound and ssbean like this.
    >>BRAND NAMES up to 90% off* - join BEYOND THE RACK and get $10 FREE!<<
    *amended the percentage due to recent sales

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Don't forget you can turn some of those broken pieces of jewellery into brooches or necklaces.. remove a broken hook and a new necklace.. or add a dollar store fastener with some hot glue and voila a new brooch.
    Abby5 likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information