User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: I just bought a bread machine....

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

after my first loaf, I have determined... this is not going to be good for my waistline!!!!! LOLO... MMMMM...Yummy!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Kitty77, Natalka, aussie and 7 others like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oooooh, I know! I smells soooo delicious, and fresh, warm bread with butter...mmmmmmm.....
    matty's mom, ninna and ssbean like this.
    2011 Wins: TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" Season 3 box set, Bissell Pro-Heat 2X Upright with a years worth of formula....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I know that feeling! When we got ours, that machine ran every day, sometimes twice!

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

I love my breadmaker!! It's so much cheaper than buying bread and you get the satisfaction of feeling like you did it yourself (kind of...haha) and that it's better for you! Enjoy the thrill of fresh bread, I still eat a crust piece as soon as the bread is done every time!
    matty's mom, ninna, ssbean and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Homemade bread is addictive. It not only tastes good, it makes your house smell heavenly! Another advantage is now you will be able to pronounce all the ingredients in your bread! I only use my hands to make bread, but if a breadmaker is more convenient, then more power to you.
    matty's mom, ninna, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Homemade bread is addictive. It not only tastes good, it makes your house smell heavenly! Another advantage is now you will be able to pronounce all the ingredients in your bread! I only use my hands to make bread, but if a breadmaker is more convenient, then more power to you.

There is definitely something therapeutic about kneading bread dough. I love the feeling but must admit that for a single loaf I use my bread machine. For larger batches, eg. buns or cinnamon rolls I "knead away".

Either way, the smell and taste are awesome!
    So many coupons....so little time!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awwww! I have not used mine since DD and I went GF. Congrats on getting your bread machine matty's mom...like you said, bad for your waistline, lol.
    matty's mom, ninna and ssbean like this.

babies teach us acceptance

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Great - good for you....baking bread is one of the most satisfying things in life IMHO....I literally went through four bread machines (under warranty) because I used them so much. My hubby finally put his foot down and told me to spend the $600 and get a Bosch Kitchen Machine that mixes dough for four/five loaves of bread or 48 buns at a time. Best money we ever spent - it has been working like the Energizer Bunny for nearly seven years now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Congratulations! Have fun with it. Fresh bread is so satisfying to make.
    I don't have a bread machine I have a kitchenaid and I make bread every other day.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

mmm. Fresh bread. I loved my bread machine when I had one; unfortunately, the heating element went in mine and that was the end of that. I never got around to replacing the machine but I sure do miss waking up to the smell of fresh bread. I used to set up a loaf of raisin bread before bed, put on the timer and wake up feeling like I was in heaven.

Enjoy your bread maker!!!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

walkonby there is gf bread mix made by gluten free pantry and it is called fav sandwich bread. it is in a green and white box. i buy it for $5 at no frills. son will only eat this bread and i make it in my breadmaker.
    matty's mom, walkonby and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So cmon then, we know you love your bread, now which one do you swear by and recommend that I buy??
    matty's mom, lizamarie and ssbean like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I super love my bread machine! Bread, buns, pizza, cinnamon rolls... yummmmmm
    matty's mom and ssbean like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

now after reading all your posts..you have me interested...what kind of machine do you all have...best price for money? how long does it take to make? what does the bread taste like?..someone mentioned kitchenaid..the mixer with attachments??..best recipe?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizamarie View Post
    now after reading all your posts..you have me interested...what kind of machine do you all have...best price for money? how long does it take to make? what does the bread taste like?..someone mentioned kitchenaid..the mixer with attachments??..best recipe?
    You know, I just bought one off of Kijiji. It is an older model that isn't made anymore- but it was in fantastic condition. The gentleman who sold it even took pictures of the process of the machine so that I could see that it worked and he had all the parts. As I just learned that fructose is one of the 22 known endocrine disruptors,and listed as an ingredient in most of the commercial bread in the stores, this was my best option money wise for my family. Flip side- I wanted to be sure that it also could easily fit into my schedule (it will be me who loads the pan!). It cost me $20 and it is works for the next month- well, I broke even with how much I spend in bread per loaf/etc and I know what I put in the bread. If it last longer- even better.
    ssbean likes this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information