User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: What are you going to buy for mega redemption?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone know if Mega redemption day going to be super busy? Do I need to go when store open like black friday?
    carlyincanada likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for FREE gift cards and paypal money!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>couponsbaby2011

jes
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I only have enough for 1x250 and 1x125 this year But it's better than a kick in the butt!

I usually just do household stuff: shampoo/conditioner, soap, dishwasher soap, deoderant, etc, but I might splurge on myself this year and get that Smashbox gift box someone was mentioning upthread. I love free makeup!

Can't wait!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I feel the clueless s/o pain, lol. I told my boyfriend I WOULD LIKE A SET OF NICE SHEETS FOR CHRISTMAS and made him repeat it back to me. I've said it like 50 times, and made sure he's hearing me. Today I was commenting about how I'm almost done shopping for him and he goes "Well now I still have to figure out what the hell I'm going to get you".

SERIOUS? I usually just give him a list of stuff I want. He gives me no list, and somehow I shop like the wind. He doesn't do gifts very well, but he tries!

Like the Avon, I asked for a pair of plain jeans from Garage 2 years ago and ended up with some hippie pants that flared to Wisconsin and back with rips all over them because his grandmother (who unfortunately has no eye for style) told him I'd like them. They were too small (Thank you, Christmas baking! For once you've done me well!) so I took them back and picked out a pair I liked. They were so expensive I ended up getting like 4 things for what he paid for those jeans!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Well, this year I'm getting myself the 3pc Prada Candy fragrance set!! I wanted it last year but didn't get it as all my points were stolen!

LOL at all the hubby comments re: gift buying! Mine is Dutch & super cheap/hates spending money so I just skim some money off the grocery budget & get what I want LOL (using the coupon savings of course)
    anisa, rachel1496, hcao and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

HAHAHA....Mine too!! I don't think he's ever spent more than $20 on a Christmas present for me! Our budget for kid's presents this year is $50 each+some stocking stuffers from SDM redemption...but we want to do a 'family gift' like a Wii or something.

I love the man, but he has never been a gift giver.

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post

LOL at all the hubby comments re: gift buying! Mine is Dutch & super cheap/hates spending money so I just skim some money off the grocery budget & get what I want LOL (using the coupon savings of course)
    rachel1496 and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Credit where it's due, he has bought me some beautiful jewelery over the years. If he just stuck to that for every gift he'd be golden.

I make the Christmas list and the Christmas budget so for the last 2 years I have just picked what I want and put it on there and buy it while I'm shopping and give it to him to wrap (last year he conned my mom into wrapping for him). He hates to shop at the best of times but the mall at Christmas is his personal 9th circle so he ends up grabbing the first semi appropriate thing he can find and bailing. I suspect the main selling point for the Avon stuff was that he wouldn't have to go to a store. I still make him buy my MILs gift himself just because it's always hilarious to see what he got her.
    Anna Michele likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My guy is great. I asked for a hard to find item (a plush toy of a video game character) and he searched all over the net and got me a great one. It means so much more to me than something I can just get at a store.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am starting to make my list. Can one use coupons on Mega Redemptions to help get even more the points?

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RMurp007 View Post
    I am starting to make my list. Can one use coupons on Mega Redemptions to help get even more the points?
    BP coupons yes. You can also use dollars and cents off coupons to help maximize how much you can get out of your redemption.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    BP coupons yes. You can also use dollars and cents off coupons to help maximize how much you can get out of your redemption.
    Careful- some of the new machines are rejecting BP coupons on redemptions- I confirmed this with a call to HO. You do get BP if it's attached to the item, but a BP coupon on redemptions is being phased out.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jes View Post
    I only have enough for 1x250 and 1x125 this year But it's better than a kick in the butt!

I usually just do household stuff: shampoo/conditioner, soap, dishwasher soap, deoderant, etc, but I might splurge on myself this year and get that Smashbox gift box someone was mentioning upthread. I love free makeup!

Can't wait!!
    Still loving my Smqshbox set!

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I changed my list. I am getting myself the Vera Wang Princess gift set and my dd the Jb gift set and my ds a wii remote chuck thing

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutchmama View Post
    Thanks for all your advice & input!! Much to think about. We'll have to visit Future Shop after the Wii U is out, to see if it really is what we want/need.

I'm kind of thinking along these lines too...we are NOT big technology people, just want something fun to do as a family. It makes sense to buy the 'newest' version of whatever is out there, but I don't think I would use most of the options that are on the Wii U. We don't even have Satelite TV, so using the Tivo, or any of that is useless to us.

I HOPE that the Wii is a good price at MEGA this year, I would be much more comfortable with the $109 vs. the $149 regular price! I do have the points to do 2 of the top level Mega redemptions, so I have one for essentials and stocking up (baby #3 due Jan. 8!)

Wow....so many things to think about, and I still have another month.
    If you just want something fun to do with the family, definitely get a regular Wii. I work over at a video game magazine and am an avid gamer myself. The Wii is a great deal especially now because of the Wii U release. This means not only is the Wii cheap but the Wii games will start coming down in price if they haven't already. They won't be releasing anymore Wii games but if you don't mind older games, go for a Wii, you'll get tons of great games for cheap!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Does anyone know if they sell memory foam pillows(regular shaped)? I can't find it on their site but then again, I don't find the site much help! I'd love to buy a pillow as a Xmas gift for my roommate as he is always trying to steal mine!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

which are the best games for Wii Kixxen?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information