User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree557Likes

Thread: [merged threads] December 1st MEGA Redemption Event

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    well, everyone seems to be hearing different things I guess. I went to SDM today and was told that this upcoming weekend isnt the mega redemption, just a regular spend your points event. She said mega would be at a later date. Seems to be a lot of stories going around, from lots of sources but according to them, there would be another after this. So I guess time will tell.
    Mine said they were surprised that there would not be, but unless something in the flyer catches my attention, I have no plans to redeem at $210 so if a real mega does come along I will have points
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

really you know...I was talking to my husband the other day....that its not like we have nt seen $250 before or we all on SC must have had more than that in our bank accounts but the idea of getting that amount by spending &getting pts is very appealing.its just like a game for me.lol

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sadybrad View Post
    really you know...I was talking to my husband the other day....that its not like we have nt seen $250 before or we all on SC must have had more than that in our bank accounts but the idea of getting that amount by spending &getting pts is very appealing.its just like a game for me.lol
    Its all about the rush of getting something free. I'm mildly addicted to it lol. My friends think I'm crazy for couponing at all because my husband makes $200,000 a year.... I'll never stop couponing though. Same goes for the SDM redemption, sure, we all may HAVE $250, but getting $250 in stuff for FREE is what really thrills us.
    Panthera, rigatti and sadybrad like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

this question maybe doesn't belong here, but maybe someone knows an answer? is the MURALE redemption in store only or could i do it online(spend points with online purchase) i'm more tempted to make my redemption there( for $300) but the next store is 1 hour from me away and i don't wanna drive.
    Last edited by Bubbelinchen; Sun, Nov 25th, 2012 at 12:38 AM.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    this question maybe doesn't belong here, but maybe someone knows an answer? is the MURALE redemption in store only or could i do it online(spend points with online purchase) i'm more tempted to make my redemption there( for $300) but the next store is 1 hour from me away and i don't wanna drive.
    I just checked for you and yes, it is in-store only. From the Murale website:

**Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be redeemed towards purchases made online at murale.ca but can be redeemed towards purchases made at Murale stores.

http://www.murale.ca/Optimum/Optimum...edemption.aspx

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

My SDM sometimes calls me before promos (spend your points events, beauty galas, pharmacy events, etc.) I think it just depends on your store manager, I imagine it's up to them. I also live in a pretty small city though.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeCents? View Post
    Ummm i HOPE you didn't give them any personal info over the phone...
    It's unusual (dare i say downright odd) that they'd be calling you directly...
    (UNLESS you had requested a call~back) Hope everything is on the up & up w/that...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine has never phoned me.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    Do they normally call you before bonus redemptions?
    First time they've called me but this is the first year I've done the points thing. I have caller ID and it did show the call coming from my local SDM. and yep, gave them no personal info.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Its all about the rush of getting something free. I'm mildly addicted to it lol. My friends think I'm crazy for couponing at all because my husband makes $200,000 a year.... I'll never stop couponing though. Same goes for the SDM redemption, sure, we all may HAVE $250, but getting $250 in stuff for FREE is what really thrills us.

I have to agree with this concept JennyFromTheRock. My husband and I are both working professionals, and my family and friends seem embarassed by my couponing and money saving tactics. I think everyone can stand to save money in this economy as you just never know what can happen. I am especially proud of my stockpile full of cleaners, detergents, regular staples. These are all items that I purchased for half price or less and continually need.
    Although I was not raised by penny pinchers, it just makes me cringe to have to pay regular price on everyday items. I use the SDM optimum program strategically so as to never buy unnecessary items just to get the points. I plan on cashing in my 2 redemptions for gifts next weekend. That way I don't have to dish out even more of my own money...which I do a lot of at this time of year.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom123 View Post
    First time they've called me but this is the first year I've done the points thing. I have caller ID and it did show the call coming from my local SDM. and yep, gave them no personal info.
    Optimum HQ office gives stores a list of customers in their area who have a high points balance. It's up to the stores to call. When I used to get calls, it was always from the cosmeticians.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

thanks, looks like i have to drive then. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I just checked for you and yes, it is in-store only. From the Murale website:

**Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be redeemed towards purchases made online at murale.ca but can be redeemed towards purchases made at Murale stores.

http://www.murale.ca/Optimum/Optimum...edemption.aspx

Silk
    Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Ack! So conflicted. What to do, what to do. I need to do at least 1 redemption as babe needs formula and I already preordered it (well assuming they actually do preorder it). I really want stocking stuff and some little presents, which would be redemption #2. If I don't redeem next weekend then I won't be until I get back in the new year. Ack, what to do, what to do....
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sma75 View Post

I have to agree with this concept JennyFromTheRock. My husband and I are both working professionals, and my family and friends seem embarassed by my couponing and money saving tactics. I think everyone can stand to save money in this economy as you just never know what can happen. I am especially proud of my stockpile full of cleaners, detergents, regular staples. These are all items that I purchased for half price or less and continually need.
    Although I was not raised by penny pinchers, it just makes me cringe to have to pay regular price on everyday items. I use the SDM optimum program strategically so as to never buy unnecessary items just to get the points. I plan on cashing in my 2 redemptions for gifts next weekend. That way I don't have to dish out even more of my own money...which I do a lot of at this time of year.
    Agreed....we're in the same boat but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would not save money where they can. I spent $125 on groceries this morning that most of my friends would have spend $300 on. They don't even watch sales (or stock up), let alone clip coupons. However, I no longer talk about my stockpile or my bargains any more with non-couponing friends. They either want me to do it for them so they don't have to put in the work -- or they look at me like I have two heads.

I do get a chuckle though, out of the fact that my daughter, who used to roll her eyes at my couponing, just moved out a month ago and she is couponing like crazy!
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Agreed....we're in the same boat but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would not save money where they can. I spent $125 on groceries this morning that most of my friends would have spend $300 on. They don't even watch sales (or stock up), let alone clip coupons.
    I recently moved back home, and this is so much like my mother. I know it drives her nuts when I have coupons, and make lists of the various sales.
    We were recently at a store where I had coupons for cereal that would make them $0.99 each, but I had forgotten to get the coupons out before hand. So I'm standing there with my coupon folder looking for them while she's in the check out. She told me to just buy them and pay the sale price.
    I looked at her like she was absolutely nuts. I took the cereal and stood off to the side and finally found my coupons and paid. She wasn't thrilled, but ultimately I got my cereal and saved about $4 on each box.

Crazy days
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just got back from shoppers and i was talking to one of my favorite cosmetics girls.
    I mentioned something about the redemption next weekend and she told me not to do it. She said that around the third week of december they are having the mega for $250.
    So now im conflicted, thinking i might save my points and hope she is right ?!?
    I almost hate hearing that just incase she's wrong lol

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information