User Tag List

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1584Likes

Thread: Frugal February Chatter

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    for a brief moment...I thought you meant your human children.....
    heh. No thank you, I will stick with the furry kind
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Matt and I had a frugal night out last night. We had left over cineplex gift certificates so we went to see Zero Dark Thirty.

The in laws come for dinner once a week and it's always chicken for dinner (homemade nuggets). So I'm making it a priority to use up the chicken we have in the freeze or get it on sale.

My uncle is coming for 3 week in the summer so we're stocking up / saving. There will be 3 extra people staying here for 3 week (mum / step dad & uncle) so it will get expensive between the extra food / toiletries / water bill etc. So my plan is to save some and buy some every month for the next 4 months.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My 2 boys need haircuts so dh said break out the hair-clippers we'll do it today (lol), dh is onboard for frugal February as well which is awesome.

Youngest son is off to a birthday party, this was not accounted for as it was presented after my budget was done, so the $ for the gift came out of the miscellaneous fund for the week which now only has a few nickles, dimes and YES PENNIES......

I'm so glad I created a miscellaneous fund for each week because IT NEVER FAILS....something comes up like pizza orders, birthday parties, popcorn orders and field trips in February (sigh) BUT STILL ON TRACK.

Next weeks budget (which starts on Thursday) is going to be tighter because it`s a small pay week for dh so add another notch to that belt buckle...and suck it up.....so glad I stocked up on the baking items this week as next week I plan to spend less on groceries because dh has a social activity with folks from work and there is going to be no money in the miscellaneous fund as next weeks budget does not allow.....tight tight and tighter she goes where she stops no one knows (lol)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I`m trying to decide if I want to go out today. Haven`t been out of the house since last Sunday. I need milk and Zehrs has cheap hamburger on. We`re getting low on that.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I`m trying to decide if I want to go out today. Haven`t been out of the house since last Sunday. I need milk and Zehrs has cheap hamburger on. We`re getting low on that.
    I would officially have no brain as it would of melted had I been stuck in the house since last Sunday. Yikes.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

2 no spend days this month yesterday spent $2.37 on 2L of milk
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This week is baking - loaf of bread at the store +$3. Meal planning no more what do you want... Or what to make.....

angelamary
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

DH and I went to a movie last night used GC from birthday I've been saving since last Oct, free pass from my mom as a gift, and a courtesy ticket for a movie DH saw last summer that was awful quality - sound kept going out, all patrons received one that day. OOP $3 for a 3D movie and snacks for two. Normally we wouldn't even do snacks, but the GC made it possible. And our anniversary is in three weeks, so it is like our anniversary gift/night out too. Feb is always a tight month, so we never really celebrate it and this is 9 years this year.

Also, our monthly menu is keeping us on track for groceries. I buy only what I need for the meals and use coupons for free things or items on my list only. By the end of March, our freezer should be just about empty (bought food and prepared foods from the garden last year) and our food shelves will be low. I may need some vinegar for cleaning, lol! It is interesting as our DS is in hockey and we have some very tight windows from school to games, dinner is always ready to go - no takeout for us.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    for a brief moment...I thought you meant your human children.....
    that's taking frugal feb to extreme - feeding your kids cat food

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My goal is to rotate out food stockpile, use up all stuff that has been sitting there forever (I really hate sidekicks (( but must eat them, same with cheap canned campbells soup, it all must be eaten) and buy fruits and veggies and eggs and milk only.

participated in 20x shoppers and got eggs and milk and coffee and OJ, sausages, pizza to make up most of the $50 that I needed, so didn't stray from the Frugal Feb goal.

I will be ignoring all health and beauty, laundry deals as I'm all stocked up. Unless it's free - like garnier lotions $2 clearout - $2 This one is hard to do when there's a good deal, but I really have to remind myself that I'm all stocked up, and be strong.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I did some shopping at Zehrs yesterday. They were giving out $5 coupons to use then. They took my address and said they would send information about a new rewards program and a $20 voucher. Can`t wait to see the details. I do most of my shopping there.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I can't wait til pay day (lol)....only pennies left in our $ jar. DH will do the banking on Thursday after work, can't wait I feel so broke (reality check - wait I am).
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

So far I have spent $21.60 on groceries and $1.50 on take out. DH had to have chicken wings but at least they were on sale.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Okay, so we had our big expense the end of last month. No biggie- we budgeted for him.

Here he is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01802.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	161375

But seriously- this puppy is going to make me poor just by his refusal to get the potty training thing down. I just had to send my DH to the store to get more paper towel. (I made re-usable snap towels that I use instead of paper normally, but I just don't want to use them for his business!)

On the flip side- My DS is VERY proud of HIS new puppy. I guess that can't be budgeted for !
    Last edited by matty's mom; Mon, Feb 4th, 2013 at 09:45 PM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tobiwobi View Post
    that's taking frugal feb to extreme - feeding your kids cat food
    haha I think it would be more expensive to do it that way if we fed them the same food our cats eat.

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Okay, so we had our big expense the end of last month. No biggie- we budgeted for him.

Here he is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01802.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	161375

But seriously- this puppy is going to make me poor just by his refusal to get the potty training thing down. I just had to send my DH to the store to get more paper towel. (I made re-usable snap towels that I use instead of paper normally, but I just don't want to use them for his business!)

On the flip side- My DS is VERY proud of HIS new puppy. I guess that can't be budgeted for !
    Oh my gosh soooo cute!!! Can't you give him a sticker or a penny if he does good LOL. I guess a treat would work too.
    matty's mom likes this.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information