User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Have you done your taxes yet?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got mine back today as well. Looks like another big refund!! Yipeee!!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

filed March 5th, received today!! Now to find out what DH owes before I spend all mine
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Haven't filed mine yet because RBC still owes me a RRSP contribution receipt. They won't mail them out before the end of March.
    Last edited by blueeyetea; Mon, Mar 18th, 2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Haven't filed mine yet because RBC still owes me a RRSP contribution receipt. They won't mailed them out before the end of March.
    I think you could maybe get it online though? These days the banks are very accommodating that way.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Anyone know how long it takes after being efiled? I know the woman told me, just drawing a blank. I'm hoping for the cheque by months end.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm still waiting for a t4 from my seasonal job
    What happens if I never receive it? How do I claim that amount? I only worked in December and a few days in January. Can I just use the figure from my ROE even though I know it includes the few days I worked in Jan? My cheques were direct deposit so I can't tell what taxes etc they took from me for just December and I just have the final summary on the ROE they mailed.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Do you use netfile? They will have your T4 online for you if you have it set up.
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Do you use netfile? They will have your T4 online for you if you have it set up.
    No I don't use netfile I have already checked in with the company and apparently they never even made t4's for the temp workers so they are working on it apparently...I don't want to file late though and would prefer to have everything done and submitted before I write exams and start working 7 days a week for the summer...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i got my refund already, after one week of filing!
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    No I don't use netfile I have already checked in with the company and apparently they never even made t4's for the temp workers so they are working on it apparently...I don't want to file late though and would prefer to have everything done and submitted before I write exams and start working 7 days a week for the summer...
    Contact Revenue Canada and ask them. You should have had it by now. They were legally supposed to have them in the mail on Feb 28th I do believe.

Edit...found this http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t.../menu-eng.html

What if you do not have your slip?

If you have to file a return for 2012, make sure you file it on time even if your slip is missing.

If you know that you will not receive your slips on time to file your return, or you do not receive them, attach a note to your paper return stating the payer's name and address, the type of income involved, and what you are doing to get the slip. Use any stubs or statements you may have to calculate the income you have to report and any related deductions and credits you can claim. Attach the stubs or statements to your paper return. If you are filing electronically, keep all of your documents in case we ask to see them.
    Last edited by Insane; Sat, Mar 16th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.
    roseofblack25 and xox2010 like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Contact Revenue Canada and ask them. You should have had it by now. They were legally supposed to have them in the mail on Feb 28th I do believe.

Edit...found this http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t.../menu-eng.html

What if you do not have your slip?

If you have to file a return for 2012, make sure you file it on time even if your slip is missing.

If you know that you will not receive your slips on time to file your return, or you do not receive them, attach a note to your paper return stating the payer's name and address, the type of income involved, and what you are doing to get the slip. Use any stubs or statements you may have to calculate the income you have to report and any related deductions and credits you can claim. Attach the stubs or statements to your paper return. If you are filing electronically, keep all of your documents in case we ask to see them.
    Okay, so if I do my taxes without I should be okay to use my ROE as long as I keep paperwork? I'm planning on filing online once I figure things out on paper first. I've already contacted where I worked and was told the head office never did t4's for the temp workers for our store and that they had been told we needed them. This was end of February a few days before the due date they should have been mailed. I'm still waiting and checking mail daily, but I want to do my taxes when I go home for Easter so that my dad can double check everything before I actually submit since I have self employed income, unemployment from a few months last year, bursary income, rent claims, transit credit, etc that I have had to do that are new to me this year.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just dropped them off to the accountant yesturday. Nervous as I have never used an accountant before. I had used H & R Block, but they've messed up my taxes each year and no support from them. They never answered requests from the government for more information, and they never sent information that i requested to be sent to the government. I will never file with H & R again.

Accountant is cheaper and hopefully knows what they are talking about. I was told the turn around period is a week.
    Insane likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hopefully doing my wife and mine today.

Hoping to combine my return with the Lump Sum Downpayment on the house.
    Matt

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    155 (100%)

yeah done! - I used ufile again... I saw the "save $5 link" on the smart canucks page and then an additional 25% off code... filed both my DH and my taxes for $16.90.

http://smartcanucks.ca/ufile-ca-save...le-tax-return/

code X2U5KTF7VG

refund going toward the finishing basement.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thanks for the info! DH is going to start on ours tomorrow.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information