User Tag List

Page 46 of 149 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Geez more rain, so much for my wave petunias RIP . I still haven't gotten around to painting the last 3 boxes, hopefully tomorrow. I think we had 2 inches of rain yesterday., Too bad my rain barrel isn't set up . Missed the boat on that one.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

one of my clematises is going hog-wild... funny thing is though, the flowers are really low to the ground.. they're huge though, and a really nice deep purple.. one day i will get pictures.. soon, i hope

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was looking at pictures of other members clematis and it has made rethink where I am planting mine.
    I already planted one in the front yard garden that I will leave there. The other 2 I figured I wanted to enjoy them in my back yard. So will put them along my fence where they will have lots of room to climb.

I also have a question, what do you have your clematis climbing on? For my front bed I was hoping that it will climb up the gutter pipe. Please let me know if I will need something else for it to climb on.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

if you google "clematis trellis ideas" in images, you'll have more ideas than you know what to do with.. lol.. too many pictures for me to post here
    itsmewhoelse likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

A few things done so far, painted the bicycle and a plastic garden center pot, also the gold chair and pot painted. My pink dragon wings are coming along but it's been cool here.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This is a an update to my rose, which I was pretty sure was dead (most likely culprit is the dog peeing on it all winter!) I did as someone suggested keep cutting it back little by little and hope to see green wood. Well I did hit green wood, but it was an inch from the bottom! But while down there, I got a closer look and my rose wants to live! LOL There is another sprout coming out around the last little living stump too! So I gave it a nice dose of organic fertilizer and will see what happens. Now to protect it from the dog this time!
    Plus the only things really blooming so far are the cat mint (in the pic above) and a dianthus not shown.
    [ATTACH]180637[/ATTACH
    This is an update to the picture of the new bed of plants under the pine tree. I had my DS add some yellow marigolds and yellow and orange celosia, plus 2 blue lobelia for some color it was looking pretty blah.

Name:  IMG-20130605-00478.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  52.1 KB
    Last edited by itsmewhoelse; Wed, Jun 5th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The pictures are both sideways. Whats left of my rose in the middle of the first picture, its a bit hard to see.
    GoJays likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We've had great weather this past few weeks; the garden is coming along nicely. A few pictures to share from this morning:
    Planters on the deck, hosta bed in front and blooming Jacob's Ladder.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    all i got is dog poop blooming in my yard
    lol....i was just about to say cat poop....they seems liking the new bed plant i started last year....however i also have tulips, muscaris,columbines, lilac seems to be in good way from blooming, coming soon are potentilla, poppies, + many others that i don't remember their names.....i can't forget the lupines that extanded themselves here and there in my backyard....it seems that my backyard is slowly becoming that piece of even i want it to be

sorry, i don't know if all the names are the right English names ....some skipped my mind .. P.S. Now that DH has a digital camera, i might be able to show you
    Last edited by Mia001; Fri, Jun 7th, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ok.. finally got out and took a few pictures.. too bad it's an overcast day... except for the first picture, I took that one a couple of weeks ago.

Brunnera - Jack Frost

Short little clematis, lady's mantle, Graham Thomas rose

Mountain laurel - Olympic Fire

Columbine

Dwarf scabiosa (pincushion flower)

Everything in this pot is miniature: yew, hosta, scabiosa, can't remember the name of the last one, but it's some sort of miniature holly

Rock rose - rabbit gnawed this down to the ground during the winter, but it persevered and said, to hell with you, bunny! I'm blooming!

One more miniature, this time an iris

A close-up of the clematis from the earlier picture

That's it so far Weather's been uncooperative lately. Hopefully it warms up soon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Gorgeous flowers, GoJays. I find that an overcast day is better for taking pictures than an overly bright sunny one. Wished I could grow that Mountain Laurel here. I also can't get brunnera to overwinter in my garden. My clematises are just starting to bud out. Is your Lady's Mantle well-behaved? I've got it popping up everywhere.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Actually, the Lady is very well behaved. She's lived in her little spot for the last seven or eight years, neither spreading about nor growing too large. The brunnera was just planted last summer so I was pleased to see it come back. I never know from one plant to the next what will survive my yard. I didn't think the mountain laurel would make it, it looked sickly in it's first full season, but it seems to have bounced back nicely It's got a load of buds on it. I'll take a picture of it when I get my camera back.. the other half has it today in Toronto

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, all of you, for sharing your pictures - I really appreciate seeing them!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well a month of rain may finally be over, I think all the plants are in shock . I know all this rain is great after a summer of drought last year but boy it slows everything down. We(well my dad) was still putting the furnace on all last week .
    gourmetsue likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

^Patty, I hope it's sunny skies for you and that your plants recover from all the wet. Three years ago, we had a summer like that and it was my one and only time having to deal with Late Blight on my tomatoes. It's a pain having to be extra diligent looking for fungal diseases in the garden with all this rain.

Page 46 of 149 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Thread Information