User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: QOTD: Thurs 04 July: How do you get motivated?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Do you pump the tunes to get the blood flowing, psyche yourself up with the prospects of the outcome, or maybe just bite down and bear it...

How do you motivate yourself when you have to do something you dislike?
    ...or maybe you don't do it all all!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Andit and Natalka like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, it depends what it is! I'm okay with avoidance and procrastination for a lot of things!

For stuff like housework, etc. it's definitely a matter of blasting some music and shaking what my mama gave me!

Note - I used to be a huge Type A personality - motivation was never a problem, I was always a get-it-done-now kind of person.

However, I've mellowed with maturity and age...

Andit, Jina, lecale and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Dan....why so serious first thing in the morning?
    Do you not realise some of us are STILL in bed?
    Last edited by i_forget; Thu, Jul 4th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
    anisa, Andit, Jina and 5 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Seeing the mess that my son does motivates me enough to tidy up, then one thing would lead to the other. Once I'm done with the toys or food on the floor, I clean the kitchen, then because I'm in the mood for cleaning anyway, I do the bathrooms, then the living room, etc...etc...

To motivate me to cook/bake or try new recipes, I just browse Pinterest or some cooking websites or watch the Food Network.

For work, I look for inspiration online. I don't really need motivation for work though because I like what I do. My colleagues have to motivate me to leave my desk lol.
    Andit, Natalka, lecale and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

In our retirement years, there's really nothing that's so urgent as to motivate us to do this or that right now. With weddings, although I do enjoy meeting my couples and performing weddings, what motivates me the most, and it's probably true throughout my life is MONEY. Yep. Dirty ol' money. But not for spending, in particular. I can squirrel it all away in the bank and just watch it grow; I hate spending my own. I prefer spending hubby's money...

If we're talking mundane tasks, I like a tidy house so I just keep it up with hubby's help (we share the chores so it's not all up to me)....but some days? NOTHING on this green earth could move me to do anything!!
    But after working all those years, I figure we earned that privilege.

Have a lovely, sunny, kinda muggy day, everyone!!! The kids are in the "Hats for Heroes" charity golf tournament today so I hope that rain that's being predicted later today holds off until they're off the course....
    Take good care!!!!!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Panic always motivates me LOL. So....when I have something that needs to be done, I also think of how many other things I need to complete. Ths usually motivated me into a whirlwind of activity.
    anisa, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I work very efficiently under pressure. It means I'm a stress-ball, but I always produce a good product in the end. I am trying to enforce my own fake deadlines so I give myself a bit more lee-way, but hasn't worked just yet
    anisa, Andit, Natalka and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

At work I have the mentality - do it now so I don't have to do it later. Ppl are surprised when they ask me to do something and within 30 min change there minds and I have already completed what they ask haha I usually get a "wow our fast" I don't like having things pile up on my to do list.

At home I am kinda the same - as soon as I get home form work I clean the house so my evening is free to enjoy same for the weekends I do it in the AM so the day is free.

So I guess my moto is "I have better things to do so lets get this over with now!"
    anisa, Andit, Jina and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    At work I have the mentality - do it now so I don't have to do it later. Ppl are surprised when they ask me to do something and within 30 min change there minds and I have already completed what they ask haha I usually get a "wow our fast" I don't like having things pile up on my to do list.

At home I am kinda the same - as soon as I get home form work I clean the house so my evening is free to enjoy same for the weekends I do it in the AM so the day is free.

So I guess my moto is "I have better things to do so lets get this over with now!"
    When it comes to work things i'm like you, get it done and off my desk.
    ...with the house stuff...i need to get off my a$$ and get things done sooner...i get home from work and i'm beat...but my one motivating factor to get things done around the home is the lady...i don't like getting the look

...you know...
    Name:  stink-eye.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  40.5 KB
    "THE LOOK"
    Last edited by danger_dan; Thu, Jul 4th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Andit, Jina, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^I have that look mastered. my fiancé calls it my stank face, LOL. funnily enough, it's kind of my regular face, even though I'm a very nice person (I am cursed with a naturally unhappy relaxed face).
    anisa, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    ^^I have that look mastered. my fiancé calls it my stank face, LOL. funnily enough, it's kind of my regular face, even though I'm a very nice person (I am cursed with a naturally unhappy relaxed face).
    OMG me too! haha I can be having the best time and ppl will be all are you mad? hahahahaha
    Andit, Lynn49, lecale and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

My motivation is usually like VeeVee. Let's get it done and routines are usually big factors but if something needs to be done I get up and do it.

One night I realized that there have been so many movies that I missed the ending or cruicial parts and I figured out that I have been so busythroughout the years getting up and doing laundry, doing the dishes, returning phone calls, paying bills, sweping the floor, gardening, cleaning cars ...while everyone can sit and enjoy a show and a movie- I ran around like the Tazmanian devil getting things done. Now I am catching up on many movies that finally make sense to me. I cannot sit and relax when I know stuff needs to be done.
    Andit, Lynn49, danger_dan and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't have the look but I scrub and tidy-up as loud as I can and DH gets the message lol.
    Andit, danger_dan and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm motivated by fun! The faster things get done, the sooner I meet joy!

^^^^ I'm sure fun will be taxed heavily if I ever marry and have kids!
    Andit, Jina, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am motivated by pleasure. If I do not get any pleasure from it, I will not do it.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information