User Tag List

Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got a raok of 4 liter of mini red cherries by one of my neighbour not in my bloc another one,they have a garden and a big yard,gotta love kind neighbour and it good to know I am more appreciated than I think in my ''quartier'' lol...And I can pick some more if I want...I was so but so surprise lol.mmm they are good and sweet,will find a way to cook with them Made my day lol

Later in my garden I will put so much efforts and energy to have beautifuls flowers like that...oh and also a fruits and vegetables garden...Apples,rasberries,strawberries,cherry ,blueberries,rhubarb and I can go on lol..........I have an auntie who have blueberries''bleuetiere'' with his brother and all kind of fines herbs,and uncle who had rhubard,gotta love the summer
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

GoJays.....what is the name of the plant (pic directly above the columbines?) Very unique, I've never seen one like that (out west !)
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Ta Da! My modest little pictures......the sweet peas have grown about a foot in the last week (thank you sunshine!) and starting to bloom now. I am so happy with my topsy turvy tomatoes....after two unsuccessful years of trying to grow tomatoes I am hoping to get a 'crop' this year. Note: pictures of the tomatoes have been greatly 'zoomed' in LOL!

Attached Images Attached Images          

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Gojays My pink Dragon Wing have more flowers than the red. I am liking them a lot!!
    GoJays likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    GoJays.....what is the name of the plant (pic directly above the columbines?) Very unique, I've never seen one like that (out west !)
    I hope GoJays doesn't mind me answering for her...I've asked about this beautiful plant before, so I know what it is: Kalmia aka mountain laurel...too bad it's not rated for my zone, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Edit to add: I love the colour of your blue sweet peas, redhdlois.
    Last edited by marstec; Sun, Jul 7th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
    GoJays and redhdlois like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post

I got a raok of 4 liter of mini red cherries by one of my neighbour not in my bloc another one,they have a garden and a big yard,gotta love kind neighbour and it good to know I am more appreciated than I think in my ''quartier'' lol...And I can pick some more if I want...I was so but so surprise lol.mmm they are good and sweet,will find a way to cook with them Made my day lol

Later in my garden I will put so much efforts and energy to have beautifuls flowers like that...oh and also a fruits and vegetables garden...Apples,rasberries,strawberries,cherry ,blueberries,rhubarb and I can go on lol..........I have an auntie who have blueberries''bleuetiere'' with his brother and all kind of fines herbs,and uncle who had rhubard,gotta love the summer
    cath, I think what you have is Nanking Cherries. You can make jams, jellies, syrups, or wine with these. I have Evans sour cherries and they make good pies.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    I hope GoJays doesn't mind me answering for her...I've asked about this beautiful plant before, so I know what it is: Kalmia aka mountain laurel...too bad it's not rated for my zone, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Edit to add: I love the colour of your blue sweet peas, redhdlois.
    Bahaha! I don't mind at all! Saves me from going back a page to see what flower she was talking about!
    The one I've got is called Olympic Fire.

I love the sweet peas too! Mine are growing but still flowerless.
    Last edited by GoJays; Sun, Jul 7th, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
    redhdlois likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some big azz basil this year.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    cath, I think what you have is Nanking Cherries. You can make jams, jellies, syrups, or wine with these. I have Evans sour cherries and they make good pies.
    Wine,really?
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some things are coming along really well now with 30 + temps. I have tiny cucumbers and today we at radishes, spinach and lettuce. Not bad considering they went in the 18 of June.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow wow wow Patty!! Your yard is amazing! Those hydrangeas are crazy huge! I tried one once but it didn't like my yard. I had it for about three years and every year it died a little bit more til I finally got sick of it and put it out of its misery.. lol. Is there orange striped in that red geranium or are my eyes playing tricks on me? It's very unusual, never seen one like it before.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Wow wow wow Patty!! Your yard is amazing! Those hydrangeas are crazy huge! I tried one once but it didn't like my yard. I had it for about three years and every year it died a little bit more til I finally got sick of it and put it out of its misery.. lol. Is there orange striped in that red geranium or are my eyes playing tricks on me? It's very unusual, never seen one like it before.
    No it's just regular red geranium , not sure why it came out that way must be the sun. I put one per pot so that one has about 20 buds, doing really well in spite of all the rain.

Everyone always asks about my hydrangeas and all I can think of is they are in exactly the right location for optimum growth. I don't do anything special except water them once a week, sort of . The ones in the front yard are much smaller though, but still with lots of blooms but full sun is not the best for them. My big ones are partial shade, protected from the wind by the fence. I think that is ideal for them.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Awesome hydrangeas! Huge! I have one limelight which I am waiting for it to bloom. I may have pruned it back too much last year (first time growing), plus its in a partially shady spot too.
    Here are some pictures of my flowers and gardens.
    The burgandy pentnias are ones that I started from seed that I bought this year, they seemed to take awhile to get going but once in the ground they took off. (I bought the white ones) The Elsapath clematis was planted this year, and you can just see the mirror blue dephinium in front just starting to bloom.
    The other petunia with closed flowers is pink and one that I also started from seed that I saved from last year. Yay! at least something grew from last year LOL
    The datura I also started from seed. I did 4 of them, gave 2 to my SIL. (not sure if the store bought seeds or last years seeds grew cause silly me I put them all in the same container. (i had my saved seeds in the pot and they werent growing, so bought some too. I think some of both may have come up. These take a long time to sprout) The Maltese Cross that you can just see was also planted this year.
    The gardens have, raspberries, just starting to ripen! pumpkin, then you can see the other pink champagne clematis that was planted this year too. In the far back there are sunflowers along the fence, then a lilac, wild daisies, 2 fushias, dianthis x 3, a white dalia, nasturniums and coleus. I have a bleeding heart that I will probably put in there too. The hanging planters all have geraniums, petunias and a filler in them.
    And an updated picture of the raised bed that was stained and planted this year with flowers and a cedar as well as the shaded flower bed.
    I also found these pretty flowers, they were on sale and I bought them because they were a pretty color. Then I got home and looked at them more closely and saw that they are probably a Monkey flower! A really neat flower, hope I can save some seeds from these for next year.
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00502.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  82.1 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00500.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  41.2 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00501.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  84.4 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00498.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  93.2 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00497.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  76.3 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00496.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  80.7 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00494.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  82.8 KB Cherry tomatos! These were bought as patio plant though so were pretty big plants when planted!
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00493.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  105.5 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00506.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  86.6 KB
    The pole beans are doing really well, I had to add another long pole for them to keep growing up!
    walkonby, Shwa Girl and redhdlois like this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Awesome hydrangeas! Huge! I have one limelight which I am waiting for it to bloom. I may have pruned it back too much last year (first time growing), plus its in a partially shady spot too.
    Here are some pictures of my flowers and gardens.
    The burgandy pentnias are ones that I started from seed that I bought this year, they seemed to take awhile to get going but once in the ground they took off. (I bought the white ones) The Elsapath clematis was planted this year, and you can just see the mirror blue dephinium in front just starting to bloom.
    The other petunia with closed flowers is pink and one that I also started from seed that I saved from last year. Yay! at least something grew from last year LOL
    The datura I also started from seed. I did 4 of them, gave 2 to my SIL. (not sure if the store bought seeds or last years seeds grew cause silly me I put them all in the same container. (i had my saved seeds in the pot and they werent growing, so bought some too. I think some of both may have come up. These take a long time to sprout) The Maltese Cross that you can just see was also planted this year.
    The gardens have, raspberries, just starting to ripen! pumpkin, then you can see the other pink champagne clematis that was planted this year too. In the far back there are sunflowers along the fence, then a lilac, wild daisies, 2 fushias, dianthis x 3, a white dalia, nasturniums and coleus. I have a bleeding heart that I will probably put in there too. The hanging planters all have geraniums, petunias and a filler in them.
    And an updated picture of the raised bed that was stained and planted this year with flowers and a cedar as well as the shaded flower bed.
    I also found these pretty flowers, they were on sale and I bought them because they were a pretty color. Then I got home and looked at them more closely and saw that they are probably a Monkey flower! A really neat flower, hope I can save some seeds from these for next year.
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00502.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  82.1 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00500.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  41.2 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00501.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  84.4 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00498.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  93.2 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00497.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  76.3 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00496.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  80.7 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00494.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  82.8 KB Cherry tomatos! These were bought as patio plant though so were pretty big plants when planted!
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00493.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  105.5 KB
    Name:  IMG-20130712-00506.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  86.6 KB
    The pole beans are doing really well, I had to add another long pole for them to keep growing up!
    GoJays, tobiwobi and marstec like this.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My morden hardy rose is living up to its name for sure. Here is a link the poor thing after I had to cut it back to find new wood, http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/298650-...6/#post5476692
    and then a picture of it now! Wow. Name:  IMG-20130712-00492.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  93.7 KB
    GoJays, walkonby and redhdlois like this.

Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information