User Tag List

Page 1116 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 116 616 1016 1066 1106 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1126 1166 1216 1616 2116 ... LastLast
Results 16,726 to 16,740 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night was baked sausages with roasted potatoes, there was supposed to be a side salad but it got forgotten about when the crockpot fell and smashed all over the kitchen floor.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hubby made beef vegetable soup...it was so good.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sauteed onions, mushrooms, cut up sausages - served with mashed potatoes, also had some leftover ground pork tomato sauce.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

We decided we needed to go out to Costco, so got hot dogs for supper (can't beat $1.50 each, including a drink!).

Tomorrow night I'm out with friends, DH and DS will have spaghetti and meatballs that we missed out on tonight.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For the month of December once a week we will try a new recipe every week, last night was our new recipe for the week, we had Lasagna Soup, it was pretty good which means a lot coming from me since I do not eat soup, bit to me this looked more like a stew so decided we would give it a shot. I would have it again but I think a few tweaks will be needed on the recipe. I think the biggest one is next time I think I will cook the noddles separate and add them in later as the soup was a bit starchy but all and all our new recipe for this week was a win.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

It's Friday! and I still want to put up my Christmas tree (well, its just a pop-up out of a box) but it is so lovely when it is up and lit and I brought it with me from ONT. So I think this evening will be some chardonnay, finger food munchies and hopefully get my Christmas tree decorated,!!
    Last edited by KelJo; Sun, Feb 28th, 2016 at 02:20 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    For the month of December once a week we will try a new recipe every week, last night was our new recipe for the week, we had Lasagna Soup, it was pretty good which means a lot coming from me since I do not eat soup, bit to me this looked more like a stew so decided we would give it a shot. I would have it again but I think a few tweaks will be needed on the recipe. I think the biggest one is next time I think I will cook the noddles separate and add them in later as the soup was a bit starchy but all and all our new recipe for this week was a win.
    Lasagna soup sounds good, can you share the recipe?
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will post tonight when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Lasagna soup sounds good, can you share the recipe?
    Zonny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today on the coldest day of 2013 so far in Calgary I am making a large pot of homemade turkey soup! One of these days I will be moving to a warmer winter climate for sure!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Im making fried beef liver and onions with bacon and mashed potatoes and some sort of salad on the side.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Im making fried beef liver and onions with bacon and mashed potatoes and some sort of salad on the side.
    Oh! What time should I be there for dinner? lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ could I have sent my husband for that meal?

I don't eat liver, but occasionally will make chicken livers for my husband - I make them the way he taught me (since I never had before) he likes them - I don't mind making them, or the smell, but no way in heck would I eat them.
    When our son was young, so he wouldn't know I didn't like them, I just pretended to have eaten them first, or that I had to clean up other leftovers, or something. He really got to love them!

When I was a kid and mom would make beef liver, I just could not eat it - dad would try make me, and I just couldn't - he'd bribe me and offer me 5 cents a bite - now that was a draw because 7 cents bought a popsicle - but no way, no how...
    But, I didn't get anything special made for me, I just would eat whatever other food there was.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OH, our supper, lol - leftovers, again. Really got sick of them, but they are gone.

So I thought I had adjusted to cooking for one less person - but now to compound things, my husband's appetite has decreased.

I really hate when that happens, because that dude has to hold onto every ounce he can! I'm pretty sure he's lost weight since summer, and he just can't afford to do that.

(Yeah, I don't have that problem... which makes it tough for fluffy me and lean him )

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ could I have sent my husband for that meal?

I don't eat liver, but occasionally will make chicken livers for my husband - I make them the way he taught me (since I never had before) he likes them - I don't mind making them, or the smell, but no way in heck would I eat them.
    When our son was young, so he wouldn't know I didn't like them, I just pretended to have eaten them first, or that I had to clean up other leftovers, or something. He really got to love them!

When I was a kid and mom would make beef liver, I just could not eat it - dad would try make me, and I just couldn't - he'd bribe me and offer me 5 cents a bite - now that was a draw because 7 cents bought a popsicle - but no way, no how...
    But, I didn't get anything special made for me, I just would eat whatever other food there was.

Chicken livers on pizza is so damn good and I don't know why lol. With cheese and caramelized onions. Can't seem to find chicken liver here in Timmins though.
    harbie, SnowFlakey, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

^ honestly can't picture putting chicken livers on a pizza but it prob is good with the onions & cheese!! Will have to take your word on it!! ha ha..I'm going out for dinner this evening/birthday party. I think lasagna is on the menu , I'm bringing the bubbly.
    Natalka, harbie, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Thread Information