User Tag List

Page 272 of 613 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 322 372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 9181
Like Tree19379Likes

Thread: PC Plus Programme

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I was checking my receipts ,when Provigo had the Chef Boy Ar Dee for $1.25 a tin,i bought 16 tins and there was points on this 1250,i redeemed 20,000 points and i received 20,000.I'm wondering if this was a mistake
    Not sure, I'm at 4500 points...so I still have a ways to go before redeeming. This is the information I have gathered from various posts on this thread. Changes to this program have been made in the last few months - people used to be able to redeem for GCs, but this practice seems to have stopped.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I was checking my receipts ,when Provigo had the Chef Boy Ar Dee for $1.25 a tin,i bought 16 tins and there was points on this 1250,i redeemed 20,000 points and i received 20,000.I'm wondering if this was a mistake

I did the same thing and got points when redeeming. Perhaps it is hit and miss?
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Not sure, I'm at 4500 points...so I still have a ways to go before redeeming. This is the information I have gathered from various posts on this thread. Changes to this program have been made in the last few months - people used to be able to redeem for GCs, but this practice seems to have stopped.
    Not completely. you can still redeem points for GCs if you have a PC M/C linked to the PC Plus point acct.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    I did the same thing and got points when redeeming. Perhaps it is hit and miss?
    You can still redeem points for GCs if you have a PC M/C linked to the PC Plus point acct. Not with PC Plus card directly. I think the reason it still works using PC M/C is because they combine both PC Plus points & PC points earned using PC M/C from inside and outside of stores related to Loblaw/RCSS. If they want to stop points earned from PC Plus and allow regular PC points from redeeming for GCs, then they have to change the system to do that. I don't think they want to make PC M/C users mad so they would stop using their PC M/C outside of Loblaw stores because they can't redeem their regular PC points for GCs.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    You can definitely redeem with a PC Plus card - you just can't get a Loblaws (or Loblaws affiliated) GC using the PC Plus card. You need the PC credit card for that. Just be careful when redeeming....you can't get PC points when 'paying' with PC points.
    It can be confusing at first, so hopefully I didn't contribute to more of that!
    I only have the PC Plus card (no debit or credit account with them), so I can't speak to the perks or limitations of their bank linked PC points system.
    Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    Not completely. you can still redeem points for GCs if you have a PC M/C linked to the PC Plus point acct.

Thanks for confirming @a_1_a -- I dont do banking with them, so I dont know the ins and outs with respect to points program.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No it is not an error. You won't get points if you have an offer like spend 30 get5000 points. If you redeem points with this kind,of offer you won't get points, but regular offers you can redeem and still get points.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you also need to be careful with tax-free events. I tried to redeem 30,000 points on a purchase just over $30 at a tax-free event, but they said I could only redeem 20,000. I guess they consider the taxable items to be discounted by the amount of the tax but that you're still actually paying the tax, rather than it truly being the case that the items are tax-free. I had a spend $30 get 3000 points offer recently, and I was careful to make sure I spent enough over the $30 to make up for any tax discount I would get, as I suspect the offer would not apply otherwise because of the strange way they apply the tax discount.
    luckbealady likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sisyphe View Post
    I think you also need to be careful with tax-free events. I tried to redeem 30,000 points on a purchase just over $30 at a tax-free event, but they said I could only redeem 20,000. I guess they consider the taxable items to be discounted by the amount of the tax but that you're still actually paying the tax, rather than it truly being the case that the items are tax-free. I had a spend $30 get 3000 points offer recently, and I was careful to make sure I spent enough over the $30 to make up for any tax discount I would get, as I suspect the offer would not apply otherwise because of the strange way they apply the tax discount.
    If you have a PC M/C linked to your PC Plus acct, you can redeem 30k points for PC GC first, then use the PC GC to pay for your purchase to get bonus points.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone submitted a missing point inquiry in the last 2 days and has not received any response from PC Plus yet?
    kimijeen likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    No it is not an error. You won't get points if you have an offer like spend 30 get5000 points. If you redeem points with this kind,of offer you won't get points, but regular offers you can redeem and still get points.

scouponer that's for the explaination
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to NF yesterday and was unable to take advantage of my 3,200pt offer for Purex toilet paper because my NF location does not even carry the product. Talk about frustrating. I can't go to another store to try there because my community is too small.
    Ciel likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone submitted a missing point inquiry in the last 2 days and has not received any response from PC Plus yet?
    Yes,I sent in a inquiry yesterday and have not received any kind of response.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I sent one Tuesday - no response....so sent another today and also took a screen shot of my offer since it will reset tomorrow
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'm waiting.

Ciel likes this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sisyphe View Post
    I had a similar problem both when trying to earn points at a tax free event, and to spend points. Spent $406 before tax. Had personal offer for 10,000 WUS 50, so was to earn 80,000 pts. ON checkout, it would only give me 60,000 pts because the way they apply the discount on no tax days actual reduces your pre-tax amount. To fix this, they manually applied 20,000 pts for me. I then went to spend $97 and use 90,000 pts, and it would not let me, so to remedy it, they gave me a $10 gift card to use on my purchase, and used the 80,000 pts it would let me use, because even they felt the way tax savings reduces your base amount was unfair.

Guess I know never to shop with points or for points on a no tax day again.
    Ciel, sweetmomma, lecale and 1 others like this.

Thread Information