User Tag List

Page 243 of 654 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    i've had a package dropped off on a sunday and i've seen him out since then so it wasn't a one-off.. maybe my mail guy is super dedicated

canada post will often deliver packages on the weekend (saturday/sunday) in december due to the christmas insanity.. one year i had one delivered mid afternoon on dec 24th
    Ciel, anastasia1009 and MillieH like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Angry cashier at Walmart who didn't like that I handed her my coupons as she rang the items through. She insisted that i keep all the rest until she had rung through all the items. What a nightmare. I had 18 fpcs and some b1g1. She was really snappy too. Insisted scop didn't apply to food. I'm actually going to report her. As we left the cash, my husband said, "she said to have a nice day, but I don't think she meant it"...... Totally made me laugh out loud. Sadly though its staff like that who discourage people from couponing.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What is the point of having a fridge at work if they throw out BRAND NEW SEALED packages of food and a shiny, clearly new apple?!?!?!?!

We're still two weeks away from Christmas holiday, did you think that maybe people would, you know, actually be eating that food for lunch in the meantime?
    !!

This job keeps costing me money.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Dec 16th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Ciel, MillieH, beckie.c and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Endometriosis keeps on kicking my ass for the past 2 weeks.. Starting to think its something more than that and it's making me depressed. Going for bloodwork, xray and ultrasound on Friday.
    Ciel, MillieH, Linda Evans and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i am really hating this distance school thing (kidlet's school is getting seismic upgrades so all kids catch the bus at her regular school to another school-basically her whole school has been transplanted to another school building for this school year) i have tried talking to the teachers but there is a significant disconnect.. i ask the teachers to remind my kid about something simple (ask her directly to hand in her reading homework to get a fresh book) and no matter how many times i've asked or sent a note it's the same thing..kidlet doesn't hand it in and she doesn't get a new book (she just turned 7, gets easily distracted and forgets things) if i could follow her to her classroom every morning to make sure the book is handed in i would in a heartbeat but i cant and the half hour it takes from getting on the bus till getting in the classroom the whole idea of a book and returning it has gone out the window (and i've even tried bribing the kidlet... new book and you get a piece of candy.. even that doens't work!)

when something happens at the school we don't hear about it, i will post and ask on the school PAC facebook group 2 days ago (because i heard a rumor and wanted to confirm) and they don't even know.. so here i am at 11pm sewing garland and holly leaves and crap onto a small sweater because i find out at 10pm that tomorrow is silly christmas sweater day

i got 1 day notice that the school is going on a walking field trip and i only knew about that because i'm a solid back pack checker every night (just incase there could be a notice) i feel like i'm banging my head against the wall the PAC knows there's a disconnect, the principal knows there's a disconnect but when parents ask for that to change nothing happens... is it soo hard to send out a mass email or the mass phonecall (afterall they do that to remind us about lunch forms) about things going on in the school and give me more then a few hours notice.. thank goodness i have some garland and a old nearly too small sweater if i didn't my kid would have gotten left out.. again (she missed out on wacky hair day because i didn't hear about it till that afternoon when someone on the pac posted pix)

Kidlet has another dentist appointment on thursday... i gotta pick her up... now do i send a notice with my kid and cross my fingers and hope it gets to the teacher/kid informs teacher.... or just randomly show up to pick her up early
    Ciel, Decaf, MillieH and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Dear person,

I told you that if you actually want me to see your messages, you need to call, email or text me (it goes to my phone and I will see it right away!)

Why do you keep sending me stuff on Facebook and then complaining that I don't respond? How many times do I need to explain this to you?

@Midnightly I hear ya. That constant non-communication makes people miserable (I experienced it at an old job). I don't know if it's incompetence, superiority complex, or laziness, but how do you expect things to get done if you don't bother to tell parents (or in my case, coworkers). Why do they hold events in the first place if they don't bother to tell people? So that kids of parents in the know feel included and others are left out?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, Dec 17th, 2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Ciel and wolfwoman like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So much freaking drama has me dreading Christmas. I honestly just want to skip it this year.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post

@Midnightly I hear ya. That constant non-communication makes people miserable (I experienced it at an old job). I don't know if it's incompetence, superiority complex, or laziness, but how do you expect things to get done if you don't bother to tell parents (or in my case, coworkers). Why do they hold events in the first place if they don't bother to tell people? So that kids of parents in the know feel included and others are left out?
    they put signs up around the school but you cannot expect a 6-7yr old (grade 1) to pass on the message of what is happening at the school and even then you can't depend on what they tell you is fact... i now i'm not the only one having this issue... a number of other parents have voiced this opinion quite notably.. but nothing has changed.. and i know there are others who have not voiced it but are feeling the same way... the school doesn't want the disconnect but the school isn't making the effort to fix the disconnect... there are 255 kids in the school and 241 of them bus so there is a whole heck of alot of kids who's' parents do not see notices put up around the school
    Ciel, Lyssia510 and torontogal12 like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Grrr, more hours are being cut at work. I have 2 clients to go to tomorrow (I do home care) and nothing I can pick up unless I want to go over an hour away. It's barely worth my time
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sheetsofemptycanvas - it's hard when clients change their routines or drop off the schedule for whatever reason. Totally hope you get some short-term clients closer to work/home to pick up some hours this week and next.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @sheetsofemptycanvas - it's hard when clients change their routines or drop off the schedule for whatever reason. Totally hope you get some short-term clients closer to work/home to pick up some hours this week and next.
    Their services are being reduced or cut off completely and it makes me mad as he!l... it's hard on us but it's even harder on them.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I am so sick of SIL and her 2 brats! My dogs have more manners and are more well-behaved than those two brats. 5 and 4 years old cursing like sailors, beating the crap out of each other. And telling all the adults to F**k off and calling their mother and Grandmother " bit*hes and cu+ts. Arrrrggg!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I am so sick of SIL and her 2 brats! My dogs have more manners and are more well-behaved than those two brats. 5 and 4 years old cursing like sailors, beating the crap out of each other. And telling all the adults to F**k off and calling their mother and Grandmother " bit*hes and cu+ts. Arrrrggg!
    Gross. I would actually kill my child if that word ever spewed out of her mouth.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post

that is disgusting for kids... they are going to have soo many issues when they get into school with foul language and attitude like that, my 7yr old doesn't even know those words! let alone even think of using them.. hell we don't even use the word "stupid" in this household and we don't say "hate" either (though i'm not against a kid expressing themselves using words better use your words then lash out physically)

the trouble is the kids are learning it from somewhere.. and hearing it regularly enough to think that these words and attitude is ok.. and a fair chance that it's just their normal.. and the thought of that just makes me sad because it's just as much(if not more) a parenting problem then a kid problem
    Crochetlady, lecale, Decaf and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mom changes bed sheets, cleaned something out, three Lush catalogs, an Edible Vancouver mag and an eighties rock mag All gone missing!
    toronto166 likes this.

Thread Information