User Tag List

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Inquiring Minds want to Know!!!

Is your freezer or freezers organized and if so how or what do you do to organize them?????

Sad to say we are currently NOT organized. I was doing pretty good at having things separated - veg, prepackaged stuff, meats, etc. BUT since we've been able to buy more and stock up, it's gotten all mixed up. Gets worse when husband looks for something, he turns everything over!

Because before we didn't have much in there, we kept old stuff at the bottom for energy efficiency's sake, plus it kept the current stuff higher up since it's a chest freezer. So I think it's time to get rid of the old stuff at the bottom we have been keeping for those reasons.
    This is on the TO-DO list!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crochet lady happy anniversary -mine is on Tuesday

-as for freezers is mine organized heck no -I try to turn the frozen stuff and use stuff from the bottom -I know I need to buy meat soon as I am running low -I have a points offer on beef this week at fortinos so may go there

-well daughter-in-law asked us to babysit ashlyn as she needed to go to doctors -son is working -well she came back at 2.30 and ashlyn was still asleep so we stayed til she woke up -ahh she was so happy to see us

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I haven't found any coupons for chips - probably a good thing. No, a really good thing. ALL my pants are tight. Argh! I am *this* close to becoming a yoga-pant-wearing grocery shopper. Mom pants. Sigh. Oh my goodness, I want chips...

You had the courage to toss them? I give them to my sister-in-law who takes them to the washroom at work. I guess she has very self-conscious co-workers. I'm still going through some of my paperwork. Today, I tossed some old records. I found my old driving test evaluation, my application and payment for my G2, 2007 taxes, etc. Why do I keep these? I am going to break my poor shredder.

Congratulations on getting rid of the second car. We've never had one, but I imagine we will within two years. DH finds it a struggle to drive to work for 2 hours after dropping LO off at daycare for 7 AM. Before-school care starts at 7:30 AM, so there will be no way he'll be able to do it when she goes to kindergarten. If I were to be a SAHM, we'd have to move 2 hours north. Both sound expensive.
    Um, I AM that yoga pant grocery shopping wearer lol. But I am starting to loss weight. Lost 5.8 lbs last week and have another check in Wednesday. Chips and pop and other junk are for hubby! Also really hard to find coupons for healthy items!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I don't mind taking the bus to work. It comes every 15 minutes and I only have to walk about 5 minutes to get the bus and another 5 minutes to work after I get off.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have a triple batch of chili in the slow cooker it's very full. The guys can eat chili once a week while out hunting moose perhaps it will channel the moose in the area (haha).

I organized my chest freezer this past week with bins we had lying around from the cottage, my bins contain all the fresh pears, apples, beans, rhubarb and some tomatoes in mason jars.

I need to re-organize my upright as I spread out all the reduced goodies (meats) for a quick freeze. So I will shortly go down and place the items on the shelves they belong.

My upright is organized by shelves each shelves contains
    pork meats
    fish and chicken/turkey meats
    beef and moose
    and last shelf is the fast cook yes processed items.

Is your freezer or freezers organized and if so how or what do you do to organize them?????
    Our downstairs freezer is a free for all mess. I need to go through and organize it and likely ditch a ton of stuff.

Our upstairs fridge/freezer is organized:
    1. Quick meals, steamers etc for lunch
    2. Frozen fruits and veggies
    3. Boxed stuff like eggos and chicken fingers, fries, etc
    4. Big meats like roasts, chickens
    5. Chicken breasts, pork chops, ground beef, sausage, fish
    6. Random things in the door like frozen juices and smaller stuff I don't want lost.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    It`s been a rainy day here. Hubby`s making more applesauce for the freezer and I`m crocheting.

Today is our 28th wedding anniversary. We don`t have any plans for tonight...will probably go out for dinner somewhere tomorrow night.
    Happy anniversary! Hope you ended up going somewhere great for dinner!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My freezers are a mess. I throw stuff in where ever I can find room.

@Lizziebargain My SIL is a cardiac nurse at Edmonton hospital. She says she has to keep working to pay for her globetrotting.
    Natalka, Angela273, Lynn49 and 8 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Rainy day here too. We decided to take today as a rest day. We have just been too busy for too long. DH took DD to the on call doctor today as she has had fever for 4 days now with no signs of improvement.

Had a quick dinner tonight - mammoth chickens on sale for $7.99 at metro, bought a garden salad to go with it and cooled a squash. Yum! Also picked up shrimp ring for tonight's snacks!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl hope your bf's ex gets her act in gear, if she doesn't move her stuff out on the set date are you guys planning on moving it for her, that might be what she has in the back of her mind. I do hope she moves it herself not to create more friction for all
    @saundyl yes it sounds like the router of course there was a wizard connect option for the router, however, I was told to do the manual setup which is fine as we had no internet even with the Ethernet from the modem to the new router and then another Ethernet cable from the LAN port on the new router to the laptop which makes me wonder what could be the issue.

I have decided to try another route as 1/2 the house doesn't have wifi (our router is at 1 end of the house), my thought is to move the router to the middle of the house as a test and if it works leave it there. Eldest and I will attempt this tomorrow am and we'll see if that helps.

AND congrats to you on your new job, what will you be doing, better benefits, vacations etc. And does this mean you will only have this job and your side job fixing pcs/laptops, etc?
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady Happy Anniversary to you and your dh, enjoy your celebrations together. Lovely that your dh is handy in the kitchen especially making apple sauce that is great & healthy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady Happy Anniversary to you and your dh, enjoy your celebrations together. Lovely that your dh is handy in the kitchen especially making apple sauce that is great & healthy
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@MaddensMomma hope your daughter feels better soon and the fever goes down, poor girl
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @MaddensMomma hope your daughter feels better soon and the fever goes down, poor girl
    Still not doing well. Next stop is emerg.

Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain congrats on the new mattress and everything else, great that your dd helped pay for her daybed, great stuff
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    It`s been a rainy day here. Hubby`s making more applesauce for the freezer and I`m crocheting.

Today is our 28th wedding anniversary. We don`t have any plans for tonight...will probably go out for dinner somewhere tomorrow night.
    Congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information