User Tag List

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I will try and check in over the next few days as my mom is arriving today and leaving Monday.

It will be nice to have her around and not to mention being spoiled for my birthday....yippee...she already called and said what kind of coffee & donut do you want and what shall I pick up for supper (happy dance).

AND so anxious for Suvivor tonight, don't forget there is a pre show that starts at 730pm
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I don't have one so no input here sorry. You may enjoy it since you seem to do a lot of canning etc. For me, I don't want anymore appliances in my house lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I will try and check in over the next few days as my mom is arriving today and leaving Monday.

It will be nice to have her around and not to mention being spoiled for my birthday....yippee...she already called and said what kind of coffee & donut do you want and what shall I pick up for supper (happy dance).

AND so anxious for Suvivor tonight, don't forget there is a pre show that starts at 730pm
    Oh thanks- I did not know about the pre-show! Geez! I was already hoping to be done meeting and home at 7:15 with 45 mins to get stuff done before 8! Now what? lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Does anyone have and regularly use a pressure cooker for cooking meat?

What else do you use it for, I have seen where people put there canning jars in there, any tips, etc ARE welcome!!!

thoughts, pros, cons, likes and dislikes - thinking it might be something I might be interested in purchasing with my birthday $
    I have a pressure cooker, totally different than a pressure canner. Do not use a pressure cooker for canning. I have a logastina which Is safe for glass cook tops, I got it for Christmas last year and frankly I have made two things in it, black beans and something else that I can't remember. I think I am just nervous, however I did buy a bunch of beef shanks that I am going to brown and pressure cook, a project for this weekend. There is someone in the canning thread that has been talking about pressure canning, I think Walkonby uses a pressure cooker too.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Crochetlady : Hand wash only.

Funny thing is, it doesn`t bleed in the wash. only when I wear it. I end up with red on my bra and white jean shorts. It does come out after a few washes.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I don`t have a pressure cooker. I guess I used to hear about how dangerous they were. I`m sure they have improved a lot since then.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I don't own a pressure cooker -sorry cant help there

-don't you just love it when a friend I have had for 25 years -I tell her we are down to one car now(its a great savings of 1,000 or more a year)"oh I couldn't do that I would feel like if my hubby was out -I would be missing out with no extra car"i would have to wait for him "ohhhhhh goodness I felt like saying did youre mother never teach you to share
    -well I could have said to her I am not working (babysitting 8 times in a month ) and its fine -I don't feel I am missing out infact I walked to the library today there and back 20 minute walk each way -it was beautifull out
    -plus I could have used the car the minute hubby walked in at 5.00 tonight -but noooo my darn gum was killing me it was inflamed had to take a half a Tylenol 3-so I wouldn't drive anyway -uggggg had to get that off my chest

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Been busy enjoying the last bit of nice weather. Finally found a Shell gas station to use my Sobey cents off coupon. Paid $.93 for gas today.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

coupon girl - so bummed your mouth is still bugging you; that doesn't seem right, it's been so long.

Husband came home from work after stopping at Extra Foods - BUT they didn't have the 10lb bags of veggies for $3 - there were a lot of unimpressed people...

Oh, the chicken soup was SO good - I've been having an icky few days with vertigo and ear pain from my Meniere's, so it felt comforting... That plus big snuggles from my man!

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Slow start to the morning, I was awake before 5 but yeah didn't get going until after 7. I now have laundry going, Mom's lunch made and trying to figure out what all I need to get done today.

Thinking of doing a roast beef dinner tonight, something nice and a traditional Sunday Supper. I also want to do prep for the week ahead as I mentioned Mom is all over the place this week so we need to plan things out this week. Last week we were all over the place and dinners were not the best around here and we need to get back on track.

For now I am going to enjoy a cup of tea to start my day and go from there.

Have a great day everyone.
    Oh Sassy Ashley, I would PAY GOOD MONEY for a lovely hot cup of tea with milk and sugar in it!!!! But no caffeine, no dairy and no sugar for me! Most times I'm fine, but just reading your post brought on a MAJOR URGE!!!! I haven't been in Timmies in a LONG time! And my Tea Pot cries from loneliness in the cupboard!

Enjoy, my dear, enjoy!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning all-well woke up at 6.oo a.m -watched a French subtitled movie -gonna relax today do a bit of cleaning
    -work on a puzzle that is so hard -all the blue sky is hard

-hubby needs pants so maybe get him out to look
    -and we are going to swiss chalet for our anniversary /birthday supper -2 days early -plus I have a gift card so frugal meal and I printed a free dessert off for me at the library-they sent me for my birthday -I have a week before or after to use it
    Happy Birthday, coupon girl! My family and some friends are getting together this Sunday to celebrate my brother's Bday. We're going to..... guess where? Swiss Chalet! I'l have to see if he has received a free dessert offer. He loves their Lemon Merangue Pie!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Happy Sunday everyone. We spent the majority of our day at emerg with DD. Diagnosis pneumonia and urinary infection. Poor girl.

Had nice Sunday dinner at in laws and saw some family we haven't seen in a while.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Oh my, Maddensmomma! I hope she is feeling better and that she got some good meds to relieve the symptoms and get her on the road to recovery!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! While I'm sitting here trying to get caught up on your posts, I can hear an owl hooting outside. I've never heard one around here before - what am I saying, I've never heard a real-live-in-nature one. So it's very exciting! I've given up on the CPAP machine for tonight. It turns out I may be allergic to the silicone it is made from. I think in a former life, I must have been a canary from a coal mine.

We're still waiting for the concrete people to come and finish the sidewalk. But the longer we wait, the better, they say - they have to fit us in at the end of another job. (an $800 cost)

Doggie is booked for surgery to remove the cysts on his skin that he keeps biting and licking until they are sore - also to get his teeth cleaned and possible removal of any that are too far gone. I'm feeling very conflicted about this. Also the cost is a real stinger! Another $800 cost.

I'm getting down about this.

We had corn and sweet potatoe and yummy chicken legs grilled on the barbecue tonight for supper. It was really good.

I must go as I need to get to sleep. Hope I can.

We'll chat tomorrow.

Good night folks!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy birthday jasper -hope you have a good one with family and your mother visiting is so nice

-wish I had my mom the other day to hug me and wish me happy birthday-I still miss her now and then
    -had the kids thou and hubby all so loving to me -and ashlyn son was trying to get her to say "happy birthday nana" well nope she kept saying 2 -cause she will be 2 in a few weeks -heck looking forward to her birthday way more than mine -mine is just another day

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu hope things turn around, wising your doggie a speedy recovery from the surgery, hope that you get some sleep as many people I know can't sleep with the CPAP and how awful if you are allergic to the mask (hugs)
    @coupon girl how awful to suffer with the gum problems (hugs to you as well)
    @Natalka bummer that they didn't have the veggies in stocks, hope you feel better soon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information