User Tag List

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday! It's been a rough one so far, but hopefully my evening is more on an even keel. Just am dealing with a bout of Meniere's (inner ear trouble pops up once in a while with vertigo, nausea - it's been bad today).

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Here's my Caturday kitty - Vader, who hangs out on the computer desk once in a while, just so I don't get lonely...

Name:  vaderSept2015.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  82.1 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh hope you feel better on sunday nat -take care

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hope it passes quickly Natalka, one of my husbands buddies suffered with Menier's for a long time before getting a diagnoses. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done for it is there.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, I felt somewhat better later this evening, and into overnight.

thriftygranny, there's only one med available which I tried years ago, and it did nothing - but it does for some. Otherwise, it's just coping with it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-up early at 6.30 this morning -ugg well have to babysit on Monday for 6.00 so maybe that's a good thing
    -made a big batch of homemade chicken soup last night after supper gotta love 6.20 small chicken and lovely soup after

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Busy day today-need to do some paperwork and laundry this morning and making some turkey soup. The two sets of twins are coming over for the afternoon so perhaps we will take them out for a walk( little twins nap) and to the park(for the big twins to play). Luckily I had a good nights sleep!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh Lizzie, two sets of twins, you are braver than I. I am just watching my daughters great Pyrenees while she is in Toronto for a wedding, and I thought that was a lot of work!!!
    I have to share a text I got from my daughter yesterday. She was maid of honor in a friends wedding in Toronto yesterday.I am guessing it was a 60,000.00 day for her parents and I do not believe in huge expensive weddings at all which may be a problem when you have three daughters!!
    She has been there all week and I have been on the receiving end of her rants all week about how awful the bridesmaids dresses were(slinky to the floor gold sequins gunny sac looking things, honestly ugliest dress I have ever seen). She has phoned me crying three times because the bride has been yelling at everyone all week, one bridesmaid actually moved to a hotel because she couldn't take the crazy anymore.The bride's family is very well off and she was very spoiled as a child but generally a very nice girl until she turned into Bridezilla. I received this text from my hilarious daughter about 15 minutes before the wedding.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I AM ABOUT TO WALK DOWN THE AISLE FOR MY LAST TIME.
    YOU CAN REST EASY KNOWING THAT AFTER THIS WEEK I CAN SAFELY SAY THAT I WILL NEVER EVER EVER HAVE A WEDDING.

I WILL SAVE YOU TONS OF MONEY AND AM CONFIDENT I HAVE SECURED MY SPOT AS YOU FAVORITE DAUGHTER,

YOUR WELCOME
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sun, Sep 27th, 2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny how awful for your daughter and the rest of the wedding party, cute email, save it for future reference to post at her wedding she decide to have one (haha)

I'm so glad yesterday is over to say it was a horrible day IS an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!
    1. washing machine is broke and service man cannot come before Wednesday (ds1's uniforms were in the wash)
    2. spilled a large amount of tomatoes reading to be canned all over the kitchen
    3. called dlink to get assistance re my router ONLY to realize to late that it was not acutally dlink AND I have been hacked (why can't they put the phone # on the box or on the instructions) so that people don't call these crooks
    4. I have no antivirus....called MIL asking to get a drive to get one...NOPE....
    5. dropped my full can of coke all over the floor and walls...sigh
    6. kids fighting like cats & dogs
    7. ds1 complaining that internet is lagging so he can't play his game....all day long...
    8. no internet access in 1/2 the house (which is what I was calling) for assistance with.

I was a total mess - thankfully today is a better day BUT still have no antivirus which is freaking me out, I remember years ago there was 1 you could use for free BUT can't remember the name, if someone is aware can you please post the link Until I can get a ride to get 1 from the store
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @thriftygranny how awful for your daughter and the rest of the wedding party, cute email, save it for future reference to post at her wedding she decide to have one (haha)

I'm so glad yesterday is over to say it was a horrible day IS an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!
    1. washing machine is broke and service man cannot come before Wednesday (ds1's uniforms were in the wash)
    2. spilled a large amount of tomatoes reading to be canned all over the kitchen
    3. called dlink to get assistance re my router ONLY to realize to late that it was not acutally dlink AND I have been hacked (why can't they put the phone # on the box or on the instructions) so that people don't call these crooks
    4. I have no antivirus....called MIL asking to get a drive to get one...NOPE....
    5. dropped my full can of coke all over the floor and walls...sigh
    6. kids fighting like cats & dogs
    7. ds1 complaining that internet is lagging so he can't play his game....all day long...
    8. no internet access in 1/2 the house (which is what I was calling) for assistance with.

I was a total mess - thankfully today is a better day BUT still have no antivirus which is freaking me out, I remember years ago there was 1 you could use for free BUT can't remember the name, if someone is aware can you please post the link Until I can get a ride to get 1 from the store
    OMG!!! What a day. Glad to hear today is better.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. It`s a free version with antivirus. My computer guy installed it a few years ago and I`ve never had any problems with it.
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh Nancy, what a crap day!!
    Start by installing adblock it will help.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Wedding text sooo funny. I am matron of honour for sis. Probably haven't mentioned yet bc of baby stuff. Just wait...I will probably be sending you all texts of my own. I have $1500 saved for the wedding/related. I am hoping it is enough...

The last wedding I was in cost me $1000 it was for a friend in my first year of work. I had no idea the financial commitment (maid of honour too) at the time. This is now someone who has cut me from her life bc I have children and she cannot. I was very naive and probably could have done a better job as a maid of honour for her, but it was a learning process for me. I did my best and out of love.

After being a bride and a bridesmaid, my sis will get the best...that and bc she is truly my BFF. She can't ditch me bc I am blood related. She would need witness protection.
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Sep 27th, 2015 at 04:43 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh jasper hope today is better

-I made homemade blueberry muffins found this recipe on line -cant remember where-called "to die for blueberry muffins" they have a strusal crumb coating on top -yummm had 2 already -I will definitely make this again

-well our garage door broke -I guess 30 years of it working -we open it manually -may need to get a new one

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

The funny thing is Granger that this daughter took her wedding planning course about 5 years ago and helps a prominent wedding planner in the summer for some extra cash. So she has seen her share of extravagant and self absorbed weddings. She helped at one wedding where the bride had a different gown for service and one for the reception as well as shoes flowers and jewelry, they also had hard wood flooring laid outside for the dance to the tune of 20,000.00. bobcats leveling the earth and flooring laid..not plywood, it was actually hardwood planking. She said nothing compared to the nightmare she had to live this last week, it is a shame they may never talk again.
    I am sure your sister will be a perfect bride and your job will be a walk in the park!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So nice to have a non-dizzy day! Fingers crossed it stays that way through to the night!

I've enjoyed being busy - finally did some baking - "Sick" Brownie Bites, recipe is in the baking section. OMG they are so good, I hid them on a shelf so I don't grab one every time I walk by! I'm definitely giving 3/4 of them to our son tonight.

For supper, I'm making beef tenderloin - a first for me. It came with the whole pile 'o beef my husband bought from a work colleague of his who started a butcher's shop with others - note, all of the beef came in chunks, non-identified, but this one piece my husband remembered what it was, and I could tell by seeing it.

So I searched recipes online, so hopefully it will turn out okay. I made a spiced/herbed butter to massage over it, and a horseradish sauce to serve with it. Will roast potatoes and carrots in the oven at the same time.

Our son called to have my husband bring our van over to the shop to work on it this afternoon - it has been delayed because others have been using the shop. It's so nice that the owner lets the guys use the shop, but there's a matter of taking turns, lol!
    It shouldn't be any big cost to us - the most important thing to fix is that it's been idling low, so stalls sometimes.

Hope everyone is having a sweet Sunday!

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information