User Tag List

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thought I would share the Christmas 2016 countdown clock
    https://days.to/christmas/2016

With that being said there are 352 days to get ready for this coming Christmas....plenty of time....to grab those bargains throughout the year....dare I say it.

Ciel, toronto166 and vw_girl like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

It seems I cleared out the "gift closet" (especially the toys) for Christmas but managed to mostly fill it again. Still need to stock up on random gift cards and movie passes for extras but it's coming along. I still have so much wrapping paper left over, if I'm lucky I won't need to shop for more at the end of this year.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm hoping to get out today or over the weekend and I'm hoping to find some great deals on wrapping paper the tin foil type and an ornament for each of my kids.

Each year the kids receive a Christmas ornament or decoration from Santa, they now have their own Rubbermaid bins which is great because when they are on their own they will have many decorations and mementos from Santa.

Fingers crossed I find some great treasures at rock bottom prices

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am on a roll. Bought men's Christmas pj's for $5! And package of wine bottle tags for .25 cents.
    Ciel, coupon girl and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I bought little stockings for $.34 yesterday which will be get for putting GC's in.
    Ciel, jasperandchar and toronto166 like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

349 days

Horndogg, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I bought nice silver and gold fancy bag of bows today at shoppers .89 -all the paper was gone but I have a few 2 huge rolls I got at target last year for .25 that are still hardly used

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought 8 rolls of scotch tape for $4. 2 rolls of wrap 50% off, 3 stockings for$1.14 each and a Santa hat for $.44. Didn't need much wrap and not much time to shop as my dad went into nursing home on the 29th so been very busy with getting him set up and visiting and helping mom deal with it. Hoping next year will be a little easier and not so stressful...plus not my turn to cook Christmas dinner next year! Yahoo! Our tree is still up so tomorrow it is coming down finally. Happy new year everyone!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Bought 8 rolls of scotch tape for $4. 2 rolls of wrap 50% off, 3 stockings for$1.14 each and a Santa hat for $.44. Didn't need much wrap and not much time to shop as my dad went into nursing home on the 29th so been very busy with getting him set up and visiting and helping mom deal with it. Hoping next year will be a little easier and not so stressful...plus not my turn to cook Christmas dinner next year! Yahoo! Our tree is still up so tomorrow it is coming down finally. Happy new year everyone!
    Some great finds hope your dad settles into his room at the nursing home, I can't imagine that is easy on everyone especially your parents (hugs). I'm not hosting next year either...yahoo...
    Ciel, macw1960, scouponer and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

348 days

Ciel, Tannie, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am organizing the Christmas gift bin tonight! I will put a notepad and pen in there so I can write down what was bought and for who so in October I can look at my list and figure out who I still need to shop for etc.

I read a blog the past week of a lady that saved her PC PTS for her Christmas dinner/entertaining shopping. She also redeemed PC pts for a LCBO GC and a Ciniplex GC (to treat the family to a movie during the holidays) Great idea!
    I have a few people I buy wine for but this year I was smart and bought GC's at Shoppers during their promo and made sure to get a LCBO one. Christmas break I seem to spend the lowest on groceries since we don't host the big dinners (we bring stuff to one but its usually mashed and scallop potatoes so stuff we have on hand) I do like her idea though!
    I think this year we will host a pre-Christmas party/dinner but the start of November before the Christmas rush starts. And non-Christmas food lol. Probably pasta since everyone loves my man's signature dish! So I will be planning ahead for this

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I save my points for Christmas baking and entertaining food, I also bought gift cards with some PC points and used my shoppers points to spoil my 3 daughters with the makeup they use!!
    I am really on a roll this year, I stopped in to Reitmans to kill some time before work and bought 3 beautiful sweaters(one for each daughter) for 14.99 each, one was regular price of 70.00. I also picked up scarves for them. I also found beautiful leather moccasins at Boathouse on sale for 19.99 regular 60.00, bought 5 pair, one for each daughter, one pair for my granddaughter and even one pair for myself, they are so comfy! I was wearing them when my daughter stopped by and she asked to try them on, she loved them, so I know the others will love them too. I may possibly be able to be completely done shopping by the end of February this year!!!! Everything is in bins and labeled and I have a notebook on top listing all that is purchased!!!!
    I need to keep my eyes out for winter sleeping bag sales, my son winter camps and I know he want a new sleeping bag!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Jan 12th, 2016 at 09:53 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

You should be able to find a great deal on a winter sleeping bag after winter! Are you out West? I can't think of the name but we have a store for outdoor adventure and I am sure they have great deals.
    macw1960 and thriftygranny like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    You should be able to find a great deal on a winter sleeping bag after winter! Are you out West? I can't think of the name but we have a store for outdoor adventure and I am sure they have great deals.
    MEC? Atmosphere? Canadian Tire? Sport Chek?
    thriftygranny likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    mec? Atmosphere? Canadian tire? Sport chek?
    mec!
    thriftygranny likes this.

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information