User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: is SC using Spam Bots to LIKE and REP your posts ?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I see 2-3 posters giving countless Likes and Reps to your post and other posts. Don't want to name them.

Are these spam bots put in by SC to Like your posts and give you Reps. I see almost all the posts and threads Liked by these 2-3 posters. I mean totally unrelated and simple posts are LIKED and REP ed on an automatic basis.

very unlikely they are regular human posters, but it seems almost automatic and repetitive Likes and Reps from these 2-3 posters. Like in 2-3 seconds you will get 10 Likes from these couple of posters.

anyone else experiencing the same ?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

no - I know 99.9% of the SCers who like and rep me
    Silk, Angela273, mulock and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gave Natalka a "Like" just now. Why would someone use bots to get Likes and Reps? Of what benefit would it be? Seems like a lot of effort for nothing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by Rena13; Thu, Sep 8th, 2016 at 03:32 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

^^^
    Well that was uncalled for, it was a question not an accusation. I too receive countless reps from a few people every time I post and have wondered how they can rep so often. Doesn't make me an awful SC member.
    GoJays, coupon girl and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    ^^^
    Well that was uncalled for, it was a question not an accusation. I too receive countless reps from a few people every time I post and have wondered how they can rep so often. Doesn't make me an awful SC member.
    If you're referring to my comment, It was a joke.
    Last edited by Rena13; Thu, Sep 8th, 2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling boo boo.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My apologies, came across as a statement to me.
    Rena13 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I know who you`re referring to. The 3 of them like and rep my stuff on a daily basis as well - don`t think they are bots, some of my posts have even been repped twice by the same individual.

Kind of annoying. Fellow friends on here generally rep with a comment or a joke. These just grab your attention and say " rep " ...

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

If I were a puppy I would lick you all all over but I'm not so I am just going to like you.

Please don't take it the wrong way.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think I can explain the rep thing. The way this site is set up if you rep a person you can't rep them again until you've repped 20 or 25 other people first. Sorry @Natalka for using you as an example, but I enjoy many of Natalka's posts and would love to rep them. But I get the message 'you must spread some reputation around before you can rep Natalka again'. So I cannot rep her unless I go rep a bunch of other folks first. I usually leave it at a 'like' then. But I can see how others who are leaving meaningless reps are just doing that so they can get back to the person they actually do want to rep.

I hope that made sense, I'm not always good at explaining.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dave, you can use me any time.....
    Silk, Angela273, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I interpret the 'reps' and 'likes' thing as a kind of pointless "life score". It doesnt bother nor affect me one way or the other, so I dont REALLY mind getting repped or liked by the same people repeatedly, nor would I feel slighted if I DIDN'T. I also deem that it's more an invention and tool of the social media generation. Many people go along and "like" and "thumb-up" everything they see, read, etc, whether they LOVE it, like it, mildly agree with or were simply able to read it. -- in MY opinion, it's also more in the hopes someone will reciprocate and LIKE their posts, submissions, etc.

I see it as otherwise useless status or popularity indicator. People are looking for a "top score" of likes and reps, and friends, and followers and the hopes that the people they "like", "rep", "follow", "Friend", etc will return the favour, in turn boosting that fictitious life-score for them as well.

And I mean no offense to those of you who ARE participating heavily in the practice. To each their own.

If you TRULY like my post(s) and you "like" or "rep" me because of it, Thanks for the recognition. I hand out Like's very rarely unless it's something that TRULY deserves a mark of merit.

But I also don't see any logical purpose for SC setting up bots to go out and repeatedly like/rep people and their posts. I don't see what purpose that would serve.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Sep 9th, 2016 at 05:50 AM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm a sparing liker/repper simply due to the fact I'm not reading each and every thread ..when I rep/like it's cos general You have made a post I agree with
    Silk, Angela273, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think it's just people who want to spread some joy around. I think Dave has a good point too.
    Natalka, Silk, DaveP and 4 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I also get a lot of reps from a couple of people but in both cases they have responded to comments I left for them via visitor messages, so I don't think it's a bot.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Sep 10th, 2016 at 12:21 AM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Candini and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information