User Tag List

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: September 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread - ALL Welcome!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy October!

So nuts that so much of the year has gone by!

Have a great day, everyone! Just in the middle of making up the shopping list for the week, thinking of everything I'll need for Thanksgiving.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH and I just made up a carrot cake, Thai chicken with rice and cabbage roll casserole as my brother and SIL are coming for lunch and a visit-which means SIL and I will play Scrabble. At the same time I am emailing back and forth with my Mum in Toronto-we have been collaborating on finding one of my ancestors from the area in England we visited this summer. Have been combing through lots of online records, gravestones we photographed etc and are currently back to the 18th century. I find myself wondering how parents fed those large families of 12 children many of them had-they must have grown, raised, caught and foraged for a lot as they were certainly not wealthy. And it is pretty obvious in going through the records that sadly many children did not survive. Of course I am sure they didn't have near the variety of foods we enjoy but now we modern families often find it hard to make ends meet with just a couple of kids. My DH always says he is thankful to have a comfortable warm roof over his head and plenty to eat. Fast forward to our Thanksgiving theme of next week!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Cold and very rainy here. We may just go shut the cabin down tomorrow!! Just leaving for the walk in clinic my son was at an outside get together and stepped hard on a nail. It was a really big nail. He woke me up at 3 am to tell me it was swelling and hurt badly, we soaked his foot in Epsom salts but he can't put weight on his foot this afternoon...sigh it is always something. I put a saying in the LOL thread last week that says. THIS FAMILY IS ONE TENT SHORT OF A CIRCUS and today that is how I am feeling!
    Giseledta and lizzie bargain like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avoncallinyu-I should have paced myself today -only popped out in car to return an item to marksworkwarehouse,the bay and pick up a shower gift at toysrus -only gone 2 hours -but I got warm in the store-I am not fully better yet -but I couldn't stand seeing the returns on the dining room table -oh and popped into shoppers to use some points to get cleanser and moisturizer would have been 71.00-but only paid 20.23 and this well last me all year

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. popped out this morning to get some straw bales for front of the house decoration. I need to add more stuff, but for now, it looks ok.

I am on housework mode for the day. it will be nice to continue decluttering.
    not sure what supper is. I will figure it out. prob something simple.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thiftygranny hope your son is okay
    Giseledta and thriftygranny like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks Sassy! Well my son is on antibiotics, and is very sore, the doctor thinks he hit the bone in his ankle so we are to watch it closely!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Cold and very rainy here. We may just go shut the cabin down tomorrow!! Just leaving for the walk in clinic my son was at an outside get together and stepped hard on a nail. It was a really big nail. He woke me up at 3 am to tell me it was swelling and hurt badly, we soaked his foot in Epsom salts but he can't put weight on his foot this afternoon...sigh it is always something. I put a saying in the LOL thread last week that says. THIS FAMILY IS ONE TENT SHORT OF A CIRCUS and today that is how I am feeling!
    Oh, thriftygranny, how awful! Tetanus shot? I presume. I hope it didn't hit anything like tendons or joints! Please keep us updated.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oiy- got to move over to October thread! See you there!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread Information