User Tag List

Page 1632 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 632 1132 1532 1582 1622 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1642 1682 ... LastLast
Results 24,466 to 24,480 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam!
    Rainy and miserable out in The 6 today...
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!
    Just checking in - thanks for your good wishes. I wish I had better news. They have analyzed the infection DH has and have been treating it aggressively. Some of his symptoms had prompted his oncologist to order a CT of his head and the latest challenge is that he has developed 2 small tumors in his frontal lobe. So tomorrow he starts on the same journey that our friend Tara has gone through - radiation of his brain. They are thinking they may send him home on Friday if everything is stable to receive his care here. He would then start the actual radiation next Wednesday and Thursday and complete it the following week from Monday to Wednesday as an outpatient. I am very nervous about caring for him here and will make VERY LOUD NOISES about getting homecare established FRIDAY before everyone takes off for the weekend. Thanks for your continued good thoughts and wishes!
    @avoncallingu , that roller coaster you're on just has to stop soon to give you a chance to take a deep breath! From palliative care, to returning home again, now having to worry about caring for him at home as well as getting him to and from his radiation treatments....omg, yes! whatever you have to do to get your dear Hubby and you all the help you need, just do it! The systems aren't designed to make it easy for us to get the help we need and I not-so-fondly remember having to rattle a few of their cages to get exactly what we needed here for my Mom so I know what you may be up against! Friday! What short notice to get all your ducks in a row!

Not only do you need his medical/nursing care you need someone in every morning to look after his personal needs, as you know, but on top of all that, you'll still need respite time...I so recall those 4-hrs a week my DH and I had, every Thursday, it felt so strange to actually be in the van together, to have lunch out.....the entire household burden will be on your shoulders, dear Friend, make damn certain you get the time-out that you need!

I wish I could be there with you, Avon....God bless you both with courage, strength and peace.
    Love you, Sis!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  5dde250bbf899bd374741cba484406d4.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  24.9 KB

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good morning fam! Weekend is finally here!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn, all!

Well, after nagging my husband for several days - and him getting 'mad' at me daily for doing so - he finally went to the doctor yesterday - and my goodness he has a lung infection. (no, I did not say I told you so....) So he's on big drugs, and hopefully it will clear up quickly.

Damn these stubborn men - yes, some things clear up on their own like a cold or a light flu, but geez - it's pretty obvious when there's something way more serious - like you can't breathe properly...

At least he ate some food yesterday - he's gotten so skinny already I'm sure he's burning muscle when he doesn't eat because there isn't a spare ounce of fat on him.

Well, enough of my home troubles... hoping everyone enjoys the last day of the week!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morn, all!
    Well, after nagging my husband for several days - and him getting 'mad' at me daily for doing so - he finally went to the doctor yesterday - and my goodness he has a lung infection. (no, I did not say I told you so....) So he's on big drugs, and hopefully it will clear up quickly.
    Damn these stubborn men - yes, some things clear up on their own like a cold or a light flu, but geez - it's pretty obvious when there's something way more serious - like you can't breathe properly...
    At least he ate some food yesterday - he's gotten so skinny already I'm sure he's burning muscle when he doesn't eat because there isn't a spare ounce of fat on him.
    Well, enough of my home troubles... hoping everyone enjoys the last day of the week!
    Glad he finally went to see a Doctor.
    Hopefully he's learn a little lesson from this.
    Hope he recovers soon Nat.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quick good morning...first physio this afternoon, I have a few questions, particularly want to know if I'm behind the 8-ball in my recovery this past week: I feel I should be in less pain, less drugs.
    @Natalka , thank goodness you managed to kick him to the doctor! I hope the meds work wonders and that he's good as new very soon. Is he off work while he's so sick?? Dare I ask??
    @avoncallingu , thank God for your Angel-Friends and all they did for you yesterday in preparation for your Hubby coming home today! I wish everything goes smoothly today and all his care-workers are snapping to attention!!

Everyone...have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, hoping you get the answers you need! Don't skimp on drugs!

No, he's going to work, he won't stay home. I tried....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone who's not feeling well .. will keep them in my prayers.. Take extra care of all your love ones.. God bless you all .. have wonderful weekend.. Take care

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

avon - sure hope things are better for your husband

Lynn - hoping you have had some relief, and are mending

I think my husband is better, even after only a day and a bit of being on meds.

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy Caturday!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Sunday!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Now that I'm more awake, I can say something....

Up at 3 a.m. - and the coffee maker doesn't work! Gah! (something probably husband can fix again, but that doesn't help me)
    I tried to make drip coffee with a funnel (don't laugh), but it was yucky.
    Happily I found some instant coffee samples, so made a cup of that.

Was pleased last evening that husband actually ate soup and a plate of food for supper - that's a huge bonus.
    However later (not because of the food....) he was really in a bad way - and here I thought he was getting better. What I think happened is that he did feel better earlier in the day, so started to do some things around the house - though I told him NOT to (gah, he doesn't listen), and he got out of sorts, started coughing and felt just awful. Hoping today is better....
    He is taking his meds, and now that he realizes how important nutrition actually is (!) I am hoping for better.

My leg/back pain is somewhat better (it just sucks that both of us are not in good shape), but some of it has shifted to the other side because of course I have been favouring the left side. Hoping today is better for me, too.

I know this is not life-threatening or horrid - but it just sucks because it makes each day even tougher to go through.

I know so many of you are going through so much more - and I hope things are better for you, too!

Milan is coming over for supper - and he's going to do some shopping for us before that, so that's nice of him.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone!Name:  s0107.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  25.7 KB

Thread Information