User Tag List

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

welcome @Frugalbigmama but..... I noticed a bad word in your post, ( treadmill !!) ha ha All the best in your workouts and your meal plans.
    My best time to begin is in the winter but for some reason my incentive gear is stuck?? As I lay in bed i am very good at visualizing how I will begin fresh the next day, I drift off feeling super pleased with my commitment.

Then the next day I get up and almost immediately start cooking something either for the family or myself, get a couple of coffees in me and pfft! another day down the tubes.
    Soon.....very soon this will end.
    Been reading over my past food journals to give me more inspiration, hopefully things will click soon.

Happy " almost " 50th birthday to you @lilo0003 ! Good luck on your goals for dropping those 9 lbs!!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was proud of my grocery shopping yesterday. Our health food store had their monthly 20% off sale, so I made a special trip to buy bulk nuts for our family. Next I headed over to No Frills to buy a bunch of fresh produce. I bit the bullet and bought some items even though they were expensive, but I still managed to use a couple coupons, pm, and gained points. I bought celery hearts, romaine lettuce hearts, strawberries, bananas, an apple (they were out of stock of two types of sale apples), unsweetened Mott's apple sauce with veggies and fruits in it, dried cranberries, and milk. We all are a variety of these items for last night's supper.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Reminds me of this I read recently:
    Why Diet Soda Could Actually Prevent You From Losing Weight
    Aspartame may interfere with an important enzyme responsible for breaking down fat.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08c82e8892dd8
    I've sent THAT to Canada Dry, also!!!
    I don't understand how any company, with the information that's been out there for a few years now, wrt aspartame, can call itself a "trusted brand" and continue to poison the very people they service!!
    I'll stick to the Crush products, and Nestee ice tea...I still enjoy a soda now and then, I just don't want to put my life on the line drinking them.

Thank you for yet another link supporting the dangers of aspartame, @lecale .

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Is soda stream totally out of the question as far as a pop alternative? (The kids used ours far more than I ever did - I could never get the flavour quite right for the pop) Sometimes though, it's just the fizz and cold that hits the spot rather than the actual drink (sort of like drinking hot water for the warmth rather than a tea or coffee)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Started my day off with cream of wheat and 2 clementines (better then a bagel from Timmies )
    Lunch- Leftovers from last nights dinner. Baked chicken breast topped with lots of tomatoes, garlic and feta with rice.
    Dinner- Plan was homemade pizza but thinking not now. Will figure it out when I get home. Will have salad for sure with since we have lots of romaine to use up.
    I will get on the treadmill this evening! I am not allowed to watch tv unless I do it so this is working for me!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jan 4th, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    welcome @Frugalbigmama but..... I noticed a bad word in your post, ( treadmill !!) ha ha All the best in your workouts and your meal plans.
    My best time to begin is in the winter but for some reason my incentive gear is stuck?? As I lay in bed i am very good at visualizing how I will begin fresh the next day, I drift off feeling super pleased with my commitment.

Then the next day I get up and almost immediately start cooking something either for the family or myself, get a couple of coffees in me and pfft! another day down the tubes.
    Soon.....very soon this will end.
    Been reading over my past food journals to give me more inspiration, hopefully things will click soon.

Happy " almost " 50th birthday to you @lilo0003 ! Good luck on your goals for dropping those 9 lbs!!
    Thank-you! I needed the treadmill to make me walk! It is so cold and dark at night and it was stopping me. Now I have no excuse

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Welcome! There's always room on our wagon!!
    May I ask what plan you're using? Whatever it is, tracking and journaling makes all the difference, doesn't it?
    Good luck, @Frugalbigmama!!

Hi, plan? Not sure what you mean? I am just back at walking everyday. (walking is what works for me!) And making better food choices. I am still on the wine plan with my honey on date night

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes- Aspartame is not good for you at all. If you use a sweetner I suggest you look into stevia.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by list465 View Post
    Is soda stream totally out of the question as far as a pop alternative? (The kids used ours far more than I ever did - I could never get the flavour quite right for the pop) Sometimes though, it's just the fizz and cold that hits the spot rather than the actual drink (sort of like drinking hot water for the warmth rather than a tea or coffee)

Well you can always have just bubbly water. We drink summer-camp style "bug juice" (drink mix using 1/3 cup mix per jug instead of the required 1 cup).

I won't pay for quality when it comes to drinks, because I am just reacting to the sugar. I am committed to real sugar, just less of it.

I was good last year and my sweet drinks purchases were limited to 1 X 2L pop at xmas and 20L juice through the year. I really love fruit-flavoured candy so I do juice to keep myself off the candy. I have to take the final step and move to water and real fruit more often.

If I could make it to the states I would buy this stuff for my water:
    https://www.amazon.ca/True-Lemon-Ora...ords=true+lime
    True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange and True Grapefruit 100% all natural ingredients, 0 Calories, 0g Carbohydrates & No Sweeteners

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am just back at walking everyday. (walking is what works for me!)

Me too. It is very good for your lower back because it helps build up the muscle there. Helps you be fit to sit in a chair all day lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

All day chair sitter here too But yes when I was good with my hour daily walks my back felt great. My body misses it! I am back at it and excited to keep at it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On my 4th glass of water (473 ML cups) Here I was knocking myself thinking I wasn't doing that great but then realized the glass is bigger then a typical 250ML glass

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I developed a water bottle habit when I was about to enter grade 8. I have always loved water and milk, I have a sweet tooth, but not when it comes to beverages. I have only 2 alcoholic beverages per year. Our son knows that I don't buy juice. I keep real orange juice concentrate that is fortified with calcium. I use about a tablespoon in our fruit smoothies that I make with yogourt, cinnamon, chia seeds, frozen berries, and milk. Our son often requests it for lunch. I'm allergic to flax and sensitive to eggs. The only time our son gets juice at home is when we have fruit that is canned in real pear juice, then he might get that pear juice in a cup as a treat. His Pre-K class often offers juice with snack time, which I don't like. When we eat out our son never gets juice, sometimes chocolate milk as a treat, milk, or water. When we eat out I like to get fresh lemon in my water. I drink milk with every meal when I am home, and always keep my water bottle handy. I bought new stainless steel water bottles at Wal-Mart on the weekend. They were only $6 each and hold 750ml.

I keep some Coke and Canada Dry Gingerale in the house for upset stomachs. Dh is addicted to 7-Eleven Slurpees. Dh is allergic to strawberries, kiwis, keylimes, and Pepsi. These items are all related. Pepsi has a strawberry extract in it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 4th, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lecale: thanks for that article. One of my keys to success last year was to give up diet coke and eventually all diet drinks. I have had a few diets cokes in the past year and I now know that once I am off I have to stay off as one can of it can bring on the cravings bad. I never drink regular pop or juice as I won't waste my calories on things I drink (except wine of course). I have always been a huge water drinker and a treat is the PC blue label sparking water in cans as it has no sodium. We have had a soda stream for years and I don't use it as often as I would like, but I am happy with plan water & it takes up space on the counter.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, you all have been busy on here today! Good for all of us!
    @list465, I'm not familiar with sodastream, but there must be nutrition/calorie labels on the flavours; I hope there's something you can use....of course bubbly water is so nice, and the only kind of water that I can tolerate...
    @Frugalbigmama, yes, that's what I meant to ask...whether you were following a low-carb, or carbs free etc kind of diet. Congrats, though on hopping onto your treadmill...good for you!

Lol....Jenny seems to need her mom's undivided attention right now...I'll be back after dinner and not on this IPad!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 4th, 2017 at 09:45 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did my treadmill and done at 5pm. I really had to push through as I was tired but I made myself finish.

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information