User Tag List

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Lynn49 . Not on a diet. Just a lifestyle. Real food and excerise.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight.

Due to things at work I am actually going to be home for the first 5 weeks (starting next week when we go back, currently on a 2 week shut down). 4 of the 5 weeks I will be commuting 30 to 45 minutes each way so do able but does mess up the schedule a little bit. So I do not see exercise happening as I will be leaving around 6 am and getting home around 5 pm.

My goal is get back on a good eating plan, last year things go insane and honestly a lot of days I did not eat. I would leave home by 6 am commute 3 hours to an out of town location grab a tea on my way into the branch working all day, grab a tea on my way out of town and head home another 3 hour commute. I would then get home and had lived off tea all day or some day (very rare) I threw in a bagel I would grab with my tea. I am hoping being home I can get a good eating plan going.

I will be going to Hawaii at the end of March for my Birthday and would like to be down about 10 to 20 lbs so my summer clothes will fit a little more comfortable. Not to mention maybe a little more comfort on the plane.

I am not telling anyone close to my plan as my family can be extremely judgement and pushy. At any given time many members of my family are on various diets and feel the need to push their eating style on you and tend to judge what you are eating. They tend to take things to the extreme (I once watched my sister have a 40 minute freak out/melt down over the spaghetti squash my Step Mom had made the night before and how it totally ruined her diet and from now on more research needs to be done on foods before they are served).

I do not follow any diet plan for me it is all about moderation. I know myself and I know I get obsessive but in a bad way, I will become so obsessed with good vs bad food and what should I eat now and what I am eating later that I get so frustrated I do not eat. So for me it is about moderation and as strange as it might sound to some actually eating and not missing meals. My goal will be 5 to 6 small meals a day, I know 6 is suggested but I do not eat after dinner and since I go to bed so early I do not really want to add a snack after dinner.

I have spent some time recently online looking for new recipes (I need variety) that I can make once I get back into the swing of things next week. I need 2 breakfasts a day (1 when I get to the office at 7 am and another one around 10 am), Lunch and then an afternoon snack. As well looking for meals I can pre prep for dinner as I will be getting home later then normal and not sure if Mom will be around as her work is now extremely short staffed so not sure what type of shifts she will be getting.

Well this post ended up being longer then I planned. Good luck to everyone and I love the idea of sharing recipes. I will post some later.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Finally back.....DH made a fantastic dinner and I ate mine all up and of course, wish I had refrained from the mashed potatoes, but of course, didn't. THIS is the toughest part for me....starting! I'm fine if I can get through 4 days...that's my challenge. After that, I feel less bloated, generally better, so it's easier to keep it up. So...onward!!
    @SassyAshley , that must be so difficult, having to work around other people's wants and needs...but goodness...what in the world is wrong with spaghetti squash! hahaha...it's a staple on our diet!! DH nukes them upside down so they don't get all watery, then we each have a half with salsa, meatballs, and honestly I don't miss spaghetti. Good luck...Hawaii, huh? Wow...now THERE'S a reason to lose a few inches!!

Well, tomorrow's another day, another re-start, but after doing our groceries today, there's lots of healthy stuff to choose from...I'm OVER all that rich Christmas food!

Good luck everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good fine, sunny morning, everyone!!

Slept in this morning, so breakfast was late, but I did scan my last food diaries and realized how much food I was taking in while losing my weight! But darn it...it's the first few days that are difficult and for me...this is Day 1...again!!

Wishing everyone success!!

...and may I add: "and not cave to your cravings!!".

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I should print this out and put it on our fridge!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Congrats to everyone who has lost weight.

Due to things at work I am actually going to be home for the first 5 weeks (starting next week when we go back, currently on a 2 week shut down). 4 of the 5 weeks I will be commuting 30 to 45 minutes each way so do able but does mess up the schedule a little bit. So I do not see exercise happening as I will be leaving around 6 am and getting home around 5 pm.

My goal is get back on a good eating plan, last year things go insane and honestly a lot of days I did not eat. I would leave home by 6 am commute 3 hours to an out of town location grab a tea on my way into the branch working all day, grab a tea on my way out of town and head home another 3 hour commute. I would then get home and had lived off tea all day or some day (very rare) I threw in a bagel I would grab with my tea. I am hoping being home I can get a good eating plan going.

I will be going to Hawaii at the end of March for my Birthday and would like to be down about 10 to 20 lbs so my summer clothes will fit a little more comfortable. Not to mention maybe a little more comfort on the plane.

I am not telling anyone close to my plan as my family can be extremely judgement and pushy. At any given time many members of my family are on various diets and feel the need to push their eating style on you and tend to judge what you are eating. They tend to take things to the extreme (I once watched my sister have a 40 minute freak out/melt down over the spaghetti squash my Step Mom had made the night before and how it totally ruined her diet and from now on more research needs to be done on foods before they are served).

I do not follow any diet plan for me it is all about moderation. I know myself and I know I get obsessive but in a bad way, I will become so obsessed with good vs bad food and what should I eat now and what I am eating later that I get so frustrated I do not eat. So for me it is about moderation and as strange as it might sound to some actually eating and not missing meals. My goal will be 5 to 6 small meals a day, I know 6 is suggested but I do not eat after dinner and since I go to bed so early I do not really want to add a snack after dinner.

I have spent some time recently online looking for new recipes (I need variety) that I can make once I get back into the swing of things next week. I need 2 breakfasts a day (1 when I get to the office at 7 am and another one around 10 am), Lunch and then an afternoon snack. As well looking for meals I can pre prep for dinner as I will be getting home later then normal and not sure if Mom will be around as her work is now extremely short staffed so not sure what type of shifts she will be getting.

Well this post ended up being longer then I planned. Good luck to everyone and I love the idea of sharing recipes. I will post some later.
    Oh @SassyAshley !
    I see your work schedule is still so grueling and that work commute? My goodness I could see me falling headfirst into terrible food choices if I was doing that, for you to get through some long days on tea is horrible.
    Anyway, have a wonderful trip in March!!
    I was confused what on earth was so horrible about spaghetti squash? Isn't that a very healthy alternative to carb heavy pasta? I would love to know how you sister was negatively impacted by that harmless vegetable? ha ha

best of luck on dropping just enough weight for vacation time!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @walkonby !! Nice to see you on here.....how are you doing, Missy??? Getting started is a real struggle, isn't it?
    I had the same question for SassyAshley....we count on spaghetti squash to get us through some of our diet days...what's it done to anyone? Perhaps her sister has an allergy?

Have a great day, my Friend!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The older one gets the more importance this takes on....

Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

All's good, but I've not started the new regime yet/still. I have a major dental issue that was put off until Jan so need to get that done soon, fretting over starting. The sun may be shining but it is very nippy cold out, I never even walked the dogs this a.m. sent them out back.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ladies- Don't fret about "starting". It has to be a lifestyle and you have to live life. happens! You will have a bad day but it is just that. A day. The next morning start on a new foot and make the best choices you can.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Ladies- Don't fret about "starting". It has to be a lifestyle and you have to live life. happens! You will have a bad day but it is just that. A day. The next morning start on a new foot and make the best choices you can.
    Oh, you're so right, Frugalbigmama! We can't sulk or feel like failures for just a slip once in a while! If I want something that normally I'd consider "illegal" on a diet, I'll have it! A small portion, but that usually satisfies that urge. Nothing to fret over...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    All's good, but I've not started the new regime yet/still. I have a major dental issue that was put off until Jan so need to get that done soon, fretting over starting. The sun may be shining but it is very nippy cold out, I never even walked the dogs this a.m. sent them out back.
    Aw, poor little Muffin. I know how worrying about something health-related can be quite enough to worry about without stressing over something else...get healthy first....then, MISSY, we expect you BACK HERE with us!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

According to my sister although the spaghetti squash has less carbs then pasta it was still too high in cards as well the natural sugar was unacceptable to her.

Personally I cannot comment, I will never go low or no carb. I must more of a life in moderation. Actually a couple years ago I had huge success with calorie cycling but right now before I go into anything with any structure I just need to start eating again on a regular schedule.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone!!!

I've finally convinced my dear Hubby that I really AM back on my diet and so far today I've been on track and he's making a stir-fry with leftover roast from yesterday, so that should be fine. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is having a healthy day!!

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information