User Tag List

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2553Likes

Thread: January 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Terrible week for me.....I had to put my sweet cat down.....she had cancer and it was only going to get worse. I live alone and she was my little buddy. Miss her so much.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Terrible week for me.....I had to put my sweet cat down.....she had cancer and it was only going to get worse. I live alone and she was my little buddy. Miss her so much.
    I'm sorry to hear that your cat needed to be put down. We lost our last cat when someone chose to poison him to death just before Christmas one year. When February break rolled around we were ready to get another cat, so we adopted an abused cat from our local Humane Society. That cat is now 11yrs old. We adopted another cat abused cat the following February, he is now 10yrs old. They are the same dark brown tabby stripe with white patches on the face, tummy, and paws. They have improved and healed so much over the years.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis9 -sorry to hear about your little cat

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hugs to @barbis9 for having to say goodbye to your cat.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Late morning-snow flurries arrived. Do I go out or stay in? Must trek soon.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well hubby only had a high school bus run this morning so he came in at 8.15 -it was snowing so nicely -I asked if we could maybe go on a walk and then we could have a nice hot chocolate after from second cup (he has a gift card) -we both need to get a little more fit
    -so we are walking on a flat terrain in nice forest area went down a small incline then we come to an end (I was gonna ask hubby lets turn around and walk back) -only he said here is a short cut up -well it was uneven rocks and dirt because we had a lot of rain last week or 2 it was a bit soft well hubby fell -just a tiny bit I was just behind him -he is resting with a heating pad on his shoulder and I rubbed his neck and shoulder -whewww I guess we should stay on flat ground
    -hubby wanted to walk in our neighbourhood only I said I wanted a hot chocolate after -I guess we both should have said what was on our minds
    -going thru old pictures and reading and starting a new novel -frugal for this week as I am not going out grocery shopping -using up stuff in freezer last night got a few fruit items at no frills

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got back from grocery shopping at Sobeys. The kids did great and got free cookies from the bakery. Baby boy fell to sleep as we got home, so he is now napping in his crib. I told my neighbour about the Sobeys sale, so she went there on her lunch break. I ran into her and she used my Air Miles card at checkout because she doesn't have one. I spent $116.84, I used my $10gc from my last trip, I saved $41.67 in discounts & specials, got another free $10gc, used a 50c coupon on the bananas, got 25c back on bananas from Zweet, submitted the receipt to CO51 contest. I also earned 369AM = $38.84 towards another trip. Once these Air Miles are credited to my account, I'll redeem for another $100 Sobeys gift card. I also got a coupon for 7c/L at Shell, this coupon hasn't printed on my other recent trips. We don't fuel up at Shell in town because it is known to have water in their tanks. Anyway, the coupon is valid in Western Canada and I could certainly trade it and others if anyone is interested.

edit: Sobeys put a $10 off $75 coupon in one of my bags. It is good for Jan 28-29 only and cannot be combined with the flyer coupon. I won't be using it, so I posted it for free on our local garage sale and freebie Facebook pages, hopefully someone else can use it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jan 27th, 2017 at 01:49 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So sorry for the loss of your fur baby. I still miss my dog that we had to put asleep almost 4 years ago. I think of him daily he was such a great dog and friend.

When the time is right for you, consider another special friend. Hugs
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl , I hope your dh doesn't suffer too long.

Well dh will have Monday off as it's a PD day and he doesn't get paid.

This weekend we will have our budget meeting, dh doesn't like budget meetings and it showed as January had a lot of unexpected charges which would have be considered when making the budget had he participated.

I'm feeling emotionally drained with the whole car situation....I can't wait for it to all be over and behind us.

On a happier note I have decided that within the next 3 years I will take a vacation to China, I've been wanting to go for years. Each year for the last many years I've always taken my tax refund and made purchases for the house and/or family. However, since tax time is just around the corner I have decided that it's time I do something for me. So going forward in the next few years I will save up for a trip of a lifetime (in my opinion). The prices are actually quite reasonable I was surprised. I kept seeing the commercials for Sinomara vacations so checked it out. So atleast I have something to look forward to in the next little while.

Dh said I'll go along to china and I quickly said how? He looked at me like I had 3 heads....when I told him I would be using my tax refunds....he went ooooooo......I guess he somehow thought our budget could pay for such a vacation....perhaps someday but not anytime soon.

We don't give ourselves spending $ so we treat our tax returns as "our own money" to do as we wish.

My tax refunds over the years have purchased a car (no longer alive), a garage, a Kubota tractor and cottage windows & doors and landscaping the property.

Wishing everyone a great day

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I am so very sorry -

barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

All of you sound so very busy - I am anything but...

I've had a cold all week, and it's a whopper - guess it's because I haven't had one for a while - so that's been crappy for me.
    I don't usually get whiny or anything, but gee it's enough already with the nose-blowing, sinus/eye hurting, sore throat - and just hoping that the cough doesn't escalate.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka I hope you feel better soon

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I didn't see this posted here and if it already has please forgive me.

avoncallingu's husband passed away yesterday, Thursday, January 26th
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/420077-...d-away-canada/
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@Natalka

Happy Birthday! I hope that your weekend will be better and more comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes - they make me feel better!

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information