User Tag List

Page 157 of 193 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

The Red River Coop Fuel Up To Win Contest - 1 in 6 tickets is a winner my a$$. 46 tickets and counting and have won 1 coffee - on the very first ticket no less but not even a discount coupon - nada, zippo, ZERO. This contest ranks right up there with Roll up the Rim for me this year. BOTH SUCK!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, sent my laptop in to Best Buy under my warranty to get it checked out and behold, hard drive is failing just like on my last two laptops. Thank goodness it's covered, but it is really starting to piss me off that I've had the same issue with all of my computers. Next one is gonna be a really high quality computer so I'm not having to replace/ fix them every two years (sometimes less). And it'll take TWO WEEKS to get back to me, stuck trying to make my tablet work in the meantime

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, sent my laptop in to Best Buy under my warranty to get it checked out and behold, hard drive is failing just like on my last two laptops. Thank goodness it's covered, but it is really starting to piss me off that I've had the same issue with all of my computers. Next one is gonna be a really high quality computer so I'm not having to replace/ fix them every two years (sometimes less). And it'll take TWO WEEKS to get back to me, stuck trying to make my tablet work in the meantime
    Can you rent a laptop for class use at your campus? Or are there free computers in a lab or the library?
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

being sick with a sore throat.

using benzocaine cough drops for sore throat, but end up numbing your lips to the extent of a dentist visit and do absolutely nothing to your throat
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    being sick with a sore throat.

using benzocaine cough drops for sore throat, but end up numbing your lips to the extent of a dentist visit and do absolutely nothing to your throat
    Brandy or icewine with brandy tastes better. Might help unless the sugar in the beverage is a concern.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Taking sibling literally that he intends to go overseas on a trip this year. Every conversation where I ask questions about what he meant almost two weeks ago is like talking to sand-always shifting. Ditto if he requested time off for that trip plus one in US for fall.
    Meanwhile, air travel prices for July are dear. I've told Mom to consider a May solo trip (full month) and be done with mr. head in the sand.
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I need eyebrows. Mine are so pale ( weirdly pale for having dark hair) that I have to try and draw them on only to end up looking like Groucho Marxx
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

^ my friend is the opposite, she has blonde hair but jet black, bushy eyebrows, even since she was a kid.

*googles Groucho* LOL You`re beautiful Wolfie I "draw" my eyebrows on too because they barely grow in (Thanks to medication and over tweezing as a teen)
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My laptop worked fine last night-read several magazine issues through library's website.

This morning, the same laptop had three physical memory dumps a few minutes apart-I did not read any online magazines. Blue Screen of Death but there was a visible message. I'm looking online for relatively easy fixes and watching some Youtube videos by a computer tech person.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Can I do a Charlie Brown "ARGH!" cry here? Seems laptop works fine on battery power (had disconnected the power supply) then when charge was low, attached the power cord back. No problems. What was this morning, a spring BSOD gremlin attack?

IRQL IS NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL was the message on the blue screen each time. Means something.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I need eyebrows. Mine are so pale ( weirdly pale for having dark hair) that I have to try and draw them on only to end up looking like Groucho Marxx
    Try Maybelline Brow Drama. It's like mascara for your brows. It darkens the hairs to make them more noticeable without giving you that caterpillar look so many women are sporting these days, because they are overdoing the pencil/powder.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by julies1949 View Post
    Try Maybelline Brow Drama. It's like mascara for your brows. It darkens the hairs to make them more noticeable without giving you that caterpillar look so many women are sporting these days, because they are overdoing the pencil/powder.
    @wolfwoman Definitely try this - if you have eyebrows but they're just too pale, try an eyebrow mascara, it'll tint the eyebrows you already have and make them show up, rather than you having to try to completely re-create eyebrows. They usually have different brown shades so they're not super dramatic (unless you want them to be, haha)
    Last edited by Wandress433; Tue, Mar 21st, 2017 at 09:29 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Every McCafe cup seen or collected today did not have a sticker on it. I can understand most not having one but each one was a strike today. So no hot chocolate beverage (just needed one more sticker).

Good news! A random plastic grocery bag on my walk got put to good use collecting many Tim Horton contest cups tonight and tossed into a trash bin.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, finally got my laptop back yesterday, so a little under two weeks. At least warranty did fully cover the repairs so no out of pocket paying for me

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Dishwasher is history , We tried to fix it even had a great video from a utube. Thats it finished with dishwashers now all dishes will be hand washed.

Newfiescreech, Silk and Ciel like this.

Page 157 of 193 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast

Thread Information