User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -hope the bed rest helps to alleviate the pain. Glad that someone is able to assist with the childcare but it must be hard for you. Your body has been quite insistent about something-hope there is some definite indicator determined after testing.
    Will keep you in thoughts and prayers today.
    @sassy Ashley -short of luring a peregrine falcon or a coyote, not sure what other creature might help you with the other critter issues (here, red fox). Think mice might be sensitive to sound but would react to a cat that likes to pounce. Quite certain there are plug-in devices that might emit frequencies to drive them bonkers and out. The local squirrels you describe seem related to the apartment building climbing raccoons in Toronto. Wonder if bird silhouettes of predator birds would cause squirrels to second-guess hanging out on your screens.

Had a good coin/can result from yesterday's walks (see Freebies Received thread). Bought a case of pop today. Noticed that Walmart has lots of Pepsi Throwback cases at $4.88 but I was able to get the last case at my local Shoppers (not sure there will be restock as this pattern follows the one of four years ago). Plan to see what reduced produce I can get with my remaining change at a grocery store.

My May Other Money total is likely 30 cents out in the cans/coins category. My written record and my Excel record show that difference when I was reviewing numbers last night. Have to keep on with daily recording as I sometimes let two or three days pass before I update either record. Enjoyed reading today's Smart Money section in the Toronto Star-need to start a savings plan (a cushion is better than nothing).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

Just popping in to say hi

DH is going to Food basics for some groceries tonight, stocking up on ground beef, hopefully they have the quantity I am looking for.

Just need to go over the budget figures with dh tonight.

We had a coyote run off with 1 of our hens and it was bold enough to come back and injured another hen. I'm so fed up with the chickens, they are no longer laying in their coop (nesting boxes), I told dh this is ridiculous, we will hold off until the end of the month as dh sells the eggs at school (where he works) but if there are no eggs to sell what the heck is the point in keeping them. Ive tried everything from keeping 3 hens in at a time to lay, to letting them out of the coop later nope, anyways it's so frustrating, dh says I'm stressing AND yes I am. This is supposed to be a hobby not a nightmare (lol).

Anyways that's pretty much all the news with us.

Wishing everyone a great day
    @lilo0003 hope your dh takes it easy and heals properly
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 hope they find some answers (hugs)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS on my lunch and bought a 45 pack of the Finish Quantum Max for the rebate offer put on by the Loblaws stores. I also used a $1 coupon. Thinking I will take inventory at home and possibly buy 2 more (I have 2 other addresses I can use. Totally free and making $1 from coupon is a good deal in my books)

I also bought bananas and apples. Yesterday I stopped at an out of town Food Basics on my way home and on the produce rack was a package of 10 kiwi for $1.29. Grabbed them and will peel/cut up for DS for his lunch the next few days. So we have lots of fruit this week. Watermelon, Cantaloupe (last week .97 sale) kiwi, apples and bananas. Wednesday I will buy another watermelon ($2.97 No Frills) for next week.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have appendicitis. They are making arrangements for ambulance to Regina to have laparoscopic surgery. I've never been put under for a surgery before. I also associate this hospital with bad medical errors from when I was hospitalized there 10yrs ago. Please keep myself and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Dh plans on taking the week off work, he'll use up his personal days and then the other days will be without pay. We have medical coverage through dh's work that will cover most or all of the ambulance bill.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 5th, 2017 at 05:38 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wishing you all the best in the procedure! Glad they found it quickly and will deal with it quickly! All the best Angela!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sending healing thoughts your way, Angela...

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela sending all the best thoughts and wishes to you

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Angela273 - too bad you have to be sent away for such a common operation, but I'm sure you will have the best of care.

Hoping all goes smoothly for you - keeping you in my prayers, and your family as well as they cope.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @Angela273 - too bad you have to be sent away for such a common operation, but I'm sure you will have the best of care.
    Hoping all goes smoothly for you - keeping you in my prayers, and your family as well as they cope.
    Our General Surgeon in Estevan wouldn't do it laparoscopically, so best I go to a bigger city.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Our General Surgeon in Estevan wouldn't do it laparoscopically, so best I go to a bigger city.
    Makes sense

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    That's smart, healing will be so much quicker.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Angela: wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Afternoon everyone,

Just popping in to say hi

DH is going to Food basics for some groceries tonight, stocking up on ground beef, hopefully they have the quantity I am looking for.

Just need to go over the budget figures with dh tonight.

We had a coyote run off with 1 of our hens and it was bold enough to come back and injured another hen. I'm so fed up with the chickens, they are no longer laying in their coop (nesting boxes), I told dh this is ridiculous, we will hold off until the end of the month as dh sells the eggs at school (where he works) but if there are no eggs to sell what the heck is the point in keeping them. Ive tried everything from keeping 3 hens in at a time to lay, to letting them out of the coop later nope, anyways it's so frustrating, dh says I'm stressing AND yes I am. This is supposed to be a hobby not a nightmare (lol).

Anyways that's pretty much all the news with us.

Wishing everyone a great day
    @lilo0003 hope your dh takes it easy and heals properly
    The hens must be stressed too. When the weather is hot, they'll want a dust bath/hole in a shady spot. But otherwise if temps are ok, an egg a day from the regulars should be happening. Did the rooster warn of the intruder?

Sorry to hear of the greedy coyote. Time to put the fire stick outside next time that creature comes round.
    Natalka, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We popped out quick to SDM tonight. I had 20x the points wus $50 or more.
    We went for the $7.99 PC coffee. Tropicana Lemonade was 2 for $5 and they all had $2 manager coupons on them. They expire July 6th. I bought 6! Fancy bread and buns ( we use for garlic bread) $3.79 with $3 manager stickers on them. Also found 2 colouring kits for .50 cents each for my niece. Stocked up on coffee till January and over 13,000 SDM points
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Natalka and coupon girl like this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information