User Tag List

Page 207 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 205 206 207 208 209 217 257 307 707 1207 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It did.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    If this works, thanks to @GoodBoy, it is to show you my VERY favourite animal. I love them more than most humans.

It's all your fault @Lynn49. I've been watching the orang videos ever since you posted that silverback video. Thank you.

Orangutans are so smart, average intelligence of a 6 year old, and the only non-aggressive ape. They're not monkeys (see, no tail) and their DNA is 97% the same as humans.

I know in the video, the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, says this mother almost made him cry, my encounters did make me cry. How touching that a wild animal can be so trusting and loving. Be sure to turn up the audio.

Fingers crossed.

What a touching moment for Steve and that Mommy and baby; it's difficult to imagine a "wild thing", so to speak, feeling such an instant bond with a human being.
    Okay, Okay. Orangutans are....interesting, beautiful creatures. Ya got me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Orangutans are awesome! I love the vids where they know a woman is pregnant and touch through the glass, or look at human babies.

Happy Caturday, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Saturday everyone, I hope U have a awesome day!
    Love this pic of baby kangaroos.
    Name:  19a4fb965571ff2d24d44b583acffecc.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  34.1 KB
    Last edited by dededi; Sat, Jun 24th, 2017 at 08:26 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone its finally the weekend. love all the pic t?hat everyone post also the videos have a great day

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sunny bright day here today - Painters arrived at 08h00 ... a big push today to get to the 98% mark of completion ... then some day next week for touch ups and done! Too much rain the past two weeks has hampered the effort, but we are getting there!

Enjoy your day all!

PS: Now that @22hicks can post a video have we unleashed a video-beast? (just kidding!)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    It sure is a nice morning. I hope it lasts all day & evening, although it's not suppose to.
    I have a wedding this afternoon.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

As to your question, @GoodBoy...uh-huh. You have, and it's all your fault if we're innundated with cute videos from now on!

The sun's finally out and it's a gorgeous 17 degrees out there, heading up to a balmy 20...not everyone's idea of perfect summer weather, but it is mine. DH isn't going to camp alone today to re-clean the trailer from the droppings and dead caterpillar guts that fell from the trees overhanging out trailer and drooling down the sides, because I had a bad night wrt pain, getting 4hrs sleep in spite of two T3s..so, not exactly 'with it' today. I may have to give in and have a nap later. I hate, hate napping!!

Other than that, more yucky news...I've had to change my mind about that little quilt...the pattern on line just doesn't come together and even my friend here couldn't figure out why the math doesn't compute. So...onward and forward to find another pattern. Avon and I chatted yesterday and maybe an "I Spy" quilt would be nice and as our DD said to me, it would be more "kiddish"....time will tell. I have until November, or her shower, whenever that pops up, so I'd like to complete it asap.

And how are your days progressing? Everyone R&R-ing? Running errands, doing chores? I hope the rains have subsided in the south...did I hear that a couple of towns have been designated as disaster zones because of flooding?

@danger_dan, I hope for the best for your FIL's surgery and all the plans you and your wife have for your new home. What renovations are you planning to do?

Okay...time to scope out ideas for that quilt.

Have a great day everyone and take time to smell the coffee. Or the roses.
    Just, perhaps, don't be nibblin' on them...

Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jun 24th, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    What a touching moment for Steve and that Mommy and baby; it's difficult to imagine a "wild thing", so to speak, feeling such an instant bond with a human being.
    Okay, Okay. Orangutans are....interesting, beautiful creatures. Ya got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Orangutans are awesome! I love the vids where they know a woman is pregnant and touch through the glass, or look at human babies.
    Finally @Lynn49 got it.

@Natalka, that's exactly what happened to me.
    I worked with them for 20 years as a volunteer. The females would touch my belly, usually leaving their hands on me, and loved it when the baby kicked.
    After the baby's birth, one would camp beside me staring and the baby, then me, and back. She had a baby too, and would hold up her baby to show me.
    Then she'd nurse, and looked @ me, expecting me to do the same. Once in private I did just that. It was very touching.
    I'll never forget those days.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Here are a couple of pics of some of the ones I was talking about.

One is of Puppe with 2 of her children, Budi & Sekali. She was teaching Sekali how to 'babysit' her younger brother.

The other is Budi a fe months later. He was playing with me. Tried to sneak up on me, & when I turned around, he did a summersault, and laid there laughing (sort of). They don't really laugh, but he was so proud of himself.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@22hicks, @walkonby, what's wrong with Asuna?! He says he feels "weird, not himself" when he's not on the feild.....! The commentators are wishing him all the best....

Hicks, where did you volunteer with them?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jun 24th, 2017 at 02:45 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, hicks, those pics are beautiful - and how amazing that you got to do that volunteering with them!

Gee, cold and rainy here, ick.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 they have not elaborated that much about Osuna. They said today he is getting help from a psychologist ( I guess the team has that kind of support if needed for the guys ) and he is trying to work through his anxiousness or anxiety. Poor guy, he has pitched in adult men's leagues in Mexico from the age of 15 I think?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Lynn49 they have not elaborated that much about Osuna. They said today he is getting help from a psychologist ( I guess the team has that kind of support if needed for the guys ) and he is trying to work through his anxiousness or anxiety. Poor guy, he has pitched in adult men's leagues in Mexico from the age of 15 I think?
    @walkonby Sure worried about Osuna he hasn't looked very happy sitting on the bench lately, Jays must get him lots of help soon we don't want to lose him for the season!

Thread Information