User Tag List

Page 306 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 806 1306 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  thurs.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  44.9 KB

Good morning. Well, I guess it isn't for @danger_dan or @walkonby , but I hope it gets better.

I felt like I needed a winter parka earlier this morning. Buuuurrrrr !!!
    Didn't like it at all. Not my kind of weather.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm going to try and cook my turkey from frozen this afternoon in my big boss fryer. They say 23 mins per lb from frozen in big boss instructions. I think the turkey is about 10 lbs. I realize about the giblets and an on online article says if cooking from frozen cook 2 hours first and then remove the giblet pack if in plastic bag. The big boss fryer takes a bit less time to cook the turkey so I was thinking I'll try to remove the giblets after about an hour. I'll see how things go and post a pic if it goes well. If it goes poorly I won't mention it ever again and you guys forget I ever mentioned the turkey haha.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

[Roz is house-sitting for Frasier] Frasier: Oh yes, and by the way, I frown on overnight guests. Roz: Then you're not doing it right.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Helloooooo!

Back from our trippy, what an amazing b'day gift: a visit with @avoncallingu , my ever-patient and attentive Hubby, great fun at Stratford plays, it couldn't have been better! The weather chilled down today for the 3 of us at St Jacobs, but it was a relief for me...I don't care for hot weather when having to walk around...um...even if walking around means sitting mostly in a wheelchair. Crap. Thank you, Avon, for your sweet patience with me. It wasn't easy leaving you today, my Friend.

Everyone, I'll respond to you tomorrow...I'm pooped for now... @walkonby , thank you also for letting everyone know
    I didn't intend to ignore anyone while we were away...I'll attend to that in the morning. Brat.

Sleep well my Friends.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Welcome home @Lynn49 .
    Bet it'll be nice to sleep in your own bed tonight, and I bet Jenny's over the moon.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh by the way my turkey turned good lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Welcome home @Lynn49.
    Bet it'll be nice to sleep in your own bed tonight, and I bet Jenny's over the moon.
    Thank you, @22hicks ...I think Jenny is passed out in a coma!
    @cabmonk , niiice! I call dibs on the wings!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Lol, thanks @Lynn49 I think it turned out well considering I did it from frozen in my big boss fryer. I removed the giblets about the 1/2 way point. I broke it all down, ate a bit and then put the rest in freezer bags and into freezer.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1938.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  181.7 KB
    ROMEO, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good see you back Lynn ..glad your trip was wonderful..plus you got spend some time with avoncallingu too that must been nice forsure ..now hope you two ladies didn't booze too much and your hubby had look after you's lol welcome back my friend ..rest up some and chat with ya later .
    ROMEO, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh and I've been watching Nutri Ninja auto IQ videos on youtube like crazy lol. I placed my bid on the brand new one a couple days ago and auction ends sat morning at 10am. Most of their buy it now and auctions are for used and refurbished ones. Mixed in with those I saw one from same seller marked as new for only $8.00 more than the used ones they are selling. I'm still the high bidder. I only bid the starting bid of $34.99us. Shipping is $21.95us and there is hst because the seller is in Canada. Just thought it was worth the extra $8.00 for the new one. Same model at Walmart Canada is $140 and Canadian Tire is $170 so I think it's a good deal if I get it.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1939.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  27.8 KB
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

A rant, but not like I lose sleep over it just bugs me a little lol.

Some small things that bug me lol. People complaining about air in chip bags. They say geez you're ripping me off the bag is not full and you're not giving me the chips I paid for. No, If the bag says 150g you're getting 150g no matter how much air is in the bag. The bag can be 10 feet tall and filled with mostly air, you're still getting your 150g of chips. The air is used to push chips into the bag and helps chips from being crushed too much in shipping and on store shelves.

I also see this all the time online with things. I bought a tiny foot stool. It clearly stated it was 12" by 12" by 12" which yes is very small but is what I was looking for. However they never hid the fact it was small. Most complaints about the foot stool said this thing sucks, it's way smaller than I thought it would be. Well that's your fault for not realizing 12" by 12" is small. Do you not read measurements.

Oh and the best one lol. A product listed as Foam filled bean bag chair. Most complaints were along the lines of not as advertised. It's not a bean bag chair, it's filled with foam. Well were you not tipped off by the fact the title started with the words foam filled. Or the other 7 times throughout the description or specs that indicated it was filled with foam. It's actually exactly as advertised.

22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ ha ha @cabmonk those types of complaints make me shake my head as well.
    By the way, your turkey looks like it turned out pretty decent! What a terrific cooker that Big Boss thing is.
    I am curious how long it took to fully cook from frozen? I cannot remember if you mentioned that in an earlier post.
    Smart of you to freeze it all after cooking so you'll have cooked turkey on hand for upcoming meals!

Welcome home @Lynn49 !! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a birthday.
    Big ((hugs)) to both your DH and @avoncallingu for guiding you in the wheelchair.

Sweet dreams!!
    22hicks, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby thanks, I think the turkey turned out good lol. Took 3 hours from frozen. I removed the giblets after 1 1/2 hours and turned the turkey upside down so it browned evenly. Oh by the way the turkey looked much better in person. My camera sucks and everything looks blurry or dull. Looks way more browned and nice in person.

Yeah people drive me nuts lol. My friend was like I don't like all the air in chip bags because it makes them take up too much space. I said well the air is used to fill the bags with chips. It than also helps prevent the chips from getting cruhed in shipping.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Fri, Sep 29th, 2017 at 02:16 AM.
    22hicks, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information