User Tag List

Page 406 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406 407 408 416 456 506 906 1406 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@avoncallingu so sorry to read about your fall, sure hoping you are okay and mended soon!

Good morning, all!

Hoping each of you has a fab day!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby - was doing my flyer reviews for next week and also saw that Gay Lea is on sale next week (25-31 Jan) at Loblaws for $2.99 ... so another option for you!

Name:  2018-01-24_10-47-23.gif
Views: 118
Size:  26.4 KB
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Morning everyone, My head has been pounding and my knee was really painful for a couple days. I managed to get ibuprofen 250 count for $16.99 and it has helped a lot. Aunt is off to the Dominican Republic today and her birthday is Thursday. I paid her back the $282 yesterday from her paying for my groceries and she gave me $22.00 back. She is always too good to me and I am always grateful and always very thankful to her. She said mike you're family of course I'm here for you. <3

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good, excellent morning!
    Former doctor nasser, ex-USA gymnastucs team, just received a total of 175 years in prison! "I just signed your death warrant.", that Judge Aquilara pronounced! Unfortunately he can't be hung for his crimes, but I hope he becomes every man's favourite girlfriend in prison! WHAT a powerful sentencing statement from her!! Still watching.........
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 01:02 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, THAT was a bright spot in my day...that sentencing hearing...

Other than that,, another quiet day here. DD is home with the flu...I have a feeling that my staying indoors is a good thing lately. Except that DH heads out every day, probably bringing flu germs home. Which I'll get not him, usually.
    BUT! I will dwell on that sentencing I watched this morning....

A smile for you. Not so much for moi.....Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Tootie is home. They removed ALL her teeth. Then felt that since she wasn't scratching at her mouth that she wouldn't need a "cone of shame" collar. But-as a soon as she roused a bit, she was determined to tear her mouth apart so my good friend made another run out to our local vet ( which is also out of town) to pick her up a cone and deliver it to me. How wonderful is THAT! No one can touch her mouth for 2 weeks.

He gave her Tramadol as well as the pain medication she is already on to get her through the next 5 days.

While we were at the vet's, my brotherR took a bus to see our dr. since his head has still been hurting since his fall last Thursday. The dr. said that he just needs to control the pain with Tylenol but that he might well have had a skull fracture which had not been diagnosed or at least investigated at the hospital ER.

Got home to a new schmozel from Social Security. "Oh Happy Day"

Actually it isn't too bad!

Has anyone heard from Hicks after her trip to the surgeon?

Will chat later.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 02:57 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  A07712C0-AC92-446C-A29B-2488E73B1103.gif
Views: 114
Size:  125.6 KB
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! Tootie is home. They removed ALL her teeth. Then felt that since she wasn't scratching at her mouth that she wouldn't need a "cone of shame" collar. But-as a soon as she roused a bit, she was determined to tear her mouth apart so my good friend made another run out to our local vet ( which is also out of town) to pick her up a cone and deliver it to me. How wonderful is THAT! No one can touch her mouth for 2 weeks.

He gave her Tramadol as well as the pain medication she is already on to get her through the next 5 days.

While we were at the vet's, my brotherR took a bus to see our dr. since his head has still been hurting since his fall last Thursday. The dr. said that he just needs to control the pain with Tylenol but that he might well have had a skull fracture which had not been diagnosed or at least investigated at the hospital ER.

Got home to a new schmozel from Social Security. "Oh Happy Day"

Actually it isn't too bad!

Has anyone heard from Hicks after her trip to the surgeon?

Will chat later.
    Hi, @avoncallingu ...poor wee Tooters. It's unfortunate that all her teeth had to be removed, but perhaps this saved her from another trip for the same thing down the road. I know you're cuddling and giving her all the attention she needs, but the question is: what do you fee dogs with no teeth? I'm sure you got good instructions from the vet...I guess really wet dog-foot mash is the answer. Can she have anything to eat in the next few says, or just water?

No, I haven't heard from Hicks, no email, nothing of immediate news on her FB page. I continue to throw prayers her way and I hope and I pray that no more surgery is necessary.

I think I have the flu, too.
    22hicks, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First of the day...

Morning gang.
    a bit of a slow down on the 401 due to overnight construction, but nothing a little detour didn't take care of.

Have a wonderful day peeps.
    Natalka, 22hicks and dededi like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

22hicks, danger_dan and dededi like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.

Some good news, I don't need more surgery, but still have to go back in next week to deal with some issues. Hopefully, they can be resolved.

Have a great day, and thank you for all your positive thoughts.

Attached Images Attached Images  

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just caught up.
    Sorry you have the flu @Lynn49 . Boy, you've had a miserable winter so far with that cough, etc. and now the flu.
    Look after yourself girl.

I'm glad to hear Tootie's surgery is done @avoncallingu . I hope you can convince her to take the pain meds. I hid the pills in cheese, cheese whiz, or peanut butter when Jake was sick, some time ago. Good luck.
    She's lucky she's found you!!
    Now a fall and a concussion, my goodness lady. I hope you're feeling some better now. Take care.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, @avoncallingu ...poor wee Tooters. It's unfortunate that all her teeth had to be removed, but perhaps this saved her from another trip for the same thing down the road. I know you're cuddling and giving her all the attention she needs, but the question is: what do you feed dogs with no teeth? I'm sure you got good instructions from the vet...I guess really wet dog-foot mash is the answer. Can she have anything to eat in the next few says, or just water?
    answer: really tender letter carriers!!

I just couldn't resist that @Lynn49
    Comes from an actual experience I had.
    The ONLY dog in all my 36 yrs on the job I ever sprayed ( with pepper spray ) as he came running down the sidewalk towards me at full speed.
    Terrified, I closed my eyes and pushed the spray nozzle, then he yelped and cried and fell onto a lawn trying to wipe the pepper spray out of his mouth and that was when the owner came running down the street screaming " HE HAS NO TEETH! "

well how the heck would I have known that?? All I saw was a dog charging at me.So....anyways, hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
    We are not amused here....my shift workers who are trying desperately to sleep right now have to fight the bang, bang, bang of a machine directly across from us breaking up the sidewalk, digging the lawns up....argh!!!!
    Yes, Bell Fibe underground cables are being installed whether we wanted them or not!!Our side of the street will be done who knows when as they have marked the lawns with multi coloured flags and sprayed markings onto our driveway?? Oh joy!!!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Walks-you are too funny!

Hicks - great to hear your "no surgery" news.
    Lynn - not great to hear your flu news!

Well poor Tootie still can't bring herself to even lick anything. So she is basically out if pain medication in her system. I have an appointment at 2 with a vet across the road as our own vet is away at a conference. She will get some more injectable pain meds but, honestly, we can't keep running to the vet every 12 hours to get ain meds in her. I am keeping a constant vigilance the surgeon suggested taking off her cone to make her more inclined to eat. She keeps wanting to scratch at her mouth, though. Wouldn't we all? She had about 20 teeth removed and gums adjusted.

I managed to forget about my own Dr appointment this morning.

I have been sneezing and feeling chilly too. Darn it - when you go out into that nasty old world, people have the nerve to SNEEZE on you!

Take care everyone-stay safe and healthy.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good almost afternoon everyone!
    Great news @22hicks !!!
    Name:  seesawmouse_grthu.gif
Views: 96
Size:  34.3 KB
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Thread Information