User Tag List

Page 405 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 505 905 1405 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone.
    A bit of ice on our side road, but all the other roads around us were sanded and perfectly drive-able.
    Highways were all clear, just enough dampness to keep the roads looking dark.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts regarding the wallet situation. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I might suggest a stylish lime green wallet from now on? hahaha...!
    @Lynn49 , great minds...my MIL came down on my FIL for not realizing he had grabbed my wallet instead of his...and told him that she's going to spray paint his wallet TEAL!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day - mild here, foggy - I miss the sun!

Enjoy the day!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

it was dreary and raining earlier but just now I went out to retrieve the recycle bins and there was this big bright light high in the sky!! Oh wait, forget it, I just peeked out the window now and it's gone again.

Ouch to falls on icy steps @avoncallingu I know we should be grateful all that you got was a concussion but man that fall must have been scary. Feel better soon!!

Not going out today even though I wanted to grab 3 more sale priced butter at GT ( $2.88 !!) learn to live with less, that should be my 2018 resolution. Note to self: the stockpile is just fine, relax!!

Glanced through the Oscar noms this morning. The ones I want to win ain't gonna so I won't get my hopes up ( I want Get Out to win!! ) I'll probably still watch them on March 4th though.
    Bummed at the Leafs loss last night BUT very proud of how they matched the Avalanche move for move.
    They played tough and there was not a darn thing illegal about that Matthews goal that they took back!

o.k. soon time to make some brunch.....lots of salad fixins in the fridge, time to eat like a bunny!

babies teach us acceptance

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby ... " I wanted to grab 3 more sale priced butter at GT ( $2.88 !!)" ... next week FB has Gay Lea butter on sale for $2.88 I believe... you can stock up then

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    @walkonby ... " I wanted to grab 3 more sale priced butter at GT ( $2.88 !!)" ... next week FB has Gay Lea butter on sale for $2.88 I believe... you can stock up then
    oh!!! I haven't yet checked any of the flyers ahead so thank you very much for that heads up @GoodBoy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sigh....now I am sad face...I read all through the new FB flyer and there was no butter on sale....wahhhhh!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh - sorry - I read somewhere there was ... my apologies

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think the flyer I read/saw was just for a single store then Again sorry ... it does appear that Sobeys has it on sale for 2.99 for two more days this week if that helps and you can price match if no Sobeys near by. I will read more carefully in future.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning everyone.
    A bit of ice on our side road, but all the other roads around us were sanded and perfectly drive-able.
    Highways were all clear, just enough dampness to keep the roads looking dark.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts regarding the wallet situation. Much appreciated.

@Lynn49, great minds...my MIL came down on my FIL for not realizing he had grabbed my wallet instead of his...and told him that she's going to spray paint his wallet TEAL!
    Hey! @danger_dan , I like that lady! hahaha!! I was thinking more of a repulsive, neon, can't miss seeing it, bilious green, but teal should work, also. Your poor FIL must have gotten an earful, poor guy!
    Drive carefully!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good evening, everyone!!

I have no idea why I didn't get on here this morning, weird. However, I did a little catching up.. @walkonby , I think that butter sale was last week, DH picked up a bunch. Diet or no diet, I shall have my tisp of butter each day on my toast or something. "Tisp" from Sleeping Beauty, when the three good fairies were attempting to bake her a cake...a tisp of baking powder...ever since my DD and I saw that, we always use the word, "tisp" for a teaspoon of something or other. I know almost as weird as WALKS.
    Nothing special going on, nothing to report, just another Saturday like any other.

I hope everyone is feeling well, none of that flu hitting us? That's good news for sure, it seems an awful one has hit the streets that our flu shots aren't equiped to ward off. A shot in the dark, I guess...

Good night, sweet dreams, everyone!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I have been missing the past couple of days - I had my own fall down our icy stairs last night. Unbelievable pain but luckily nothing broken -but I do have a concussion. So have to restrict my computer use.

Best wishes to everyone!
    Ohhhh my goodness Avon..so glad hear no broken bone sweetie...have be extra careful while outside ..never know where patch off ice too ..especially when we gets snow cover over ice with powdery snow ..need creepers on your boats..take good care sweetie
    ROMEO, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    When I retired two years ago I took a survey about what type of retiree I was ... I fell into the easy glider category ... has nothing really to do with age ... more attitude to life

Easy gliders have worked all their lives and decided that retirement is the time to relax. They take each day as it comes.
    An EASY GLIDER? Someone who enjoys unscheduled time letting each day unfold.
    Easy gliders enjoy unscheduled time and like their daily schedule "to go with the flow."

Pretty much sums me up! Was happy to do Freedom 55 - now need to figure out what to do for the next 30+ years! LOL
    Ohhhh GoodBoy.. really your easy lol ohhhh yeah you did say easy glider huh hahaha just joking with ya ..proper thing ..take one day at time ..it sure must be wonderful nothing scheduled do .. just go with flow ..whatever happens..good for sweetie and enjoy every day like its our last one ..we never know what can happen..freedom 55 way go !!!
    ROMEO, 22hicks, dededi and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Busy day here today. Have a great day all

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

glad I checked back in on this thread!
    Thank you @GoodBoy , yes I can still grab butter at Sobey's ( sale on till Thursday ) ...oh btw @Lynn49 yes I did manage to get 3 lbs of butter ( limit of 3 ) from GT on Monday when they had their sale.
    It was just that GT sale cycles end on Tuesdays......and I was too lazy to head back out on Tuesday.

no matter all is well in butter land!
    Weird that I have watched Sleeping Beauty many times but the Fairies saying " tisp " instead of teaspoon doesn't even ring a bell with me. Funny to have that as a fond memory when you use the word now.

I am up bright and early because I never went back to sleep after 2 a.m. ha ha
    That'll teach me to go up to bed before 7 p.m. Must have drifted off listening to the tv...oh well naps are free around here, I'll grab one later on.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful hump day!!

Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 07:05 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning the early birds @flemeth and @walkonby

Much cooler morning out there today.
    rain turned into a light dusting of snow over night out our way, totaling about an inch accumulated.
    @Lynn49 ...oh, my FIL got an earful and then some, you better believe it (not from me though)...
    ...and the flu hasn't hit our household, thankfully. Fingers crossed, touch wood, it'll stay away.

Stay warm folks, Hope everyone is well, or on the mend.
    Enjoy the day!
    DANGER

Thread Information