User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Was browsing the internet and noticed a deal coming up for those interested in McD's Coffee

Feb 5 to March 4: ANY SIZE COFFEE FOR $1.00

I can't post the website it's on as SC will remove the link, but there have been flyers people have been getting advertising this. A good time to stock up on McD's stickers to use on the more expensive coffee drinks (Like my Hot Chocolate which is closing in on $4 for a medium)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Was browsing the internet and noticed a deal coming up for those interested in McD's Coffee

Feb 5 to March 4: ANY SIZE COFFEE FOR $1.00

I can't post the website it's on as SC will remove the link, but there have been flyers people have been getting advertising this. A good time to stock up on McD's stickers to use on the more expensive coffee drinks (Like my Hot Chocolate which is closing in on $4 for a medium)
    I love this offer, but am really try to kill my buying coffee habit so I am going to pretend I never saw this
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’m on my last jug of Tide laundry detergent, so $2.72/L for Tide at No Frills is an ok price for it out here. Too bad there isn’t a CO51 off to match up with it. I’m thinking about spending $100 at NF for the bonus 15,000 points this week. I could pm some stuff and make the best of it.
    I was tempted to do the same at No Frills but didn't have my flyers and just figured I would pick up a few things.
    Mine had the 12pk PC Toilet paper on for $3.49 still from last week's sale (guess they had over stock) so I was happy to grab 4 of them. Would have liked to redeem if my PC pts weren't MIA but oh well it will all work out in the end.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Having one of those days were I just really want the work day to be done, it isn't that anything bad has happened or anything. Just ready to get working on some projects at home.

Last night since I was finally feeling better beside a headache I was able to get back into my nightly routine. Well I was doing various things I kept seeing items I wanted to tackle and have made a list in my head of things I want to get done this weekend. None of them are large tasks but just little things that tend to get pushed to the side.

I have also decided to re structure my 5 tasks for each month. Instead I am just going to keep a running list of things I need to do and just make sure 5 get checked off each month. I have just found as things happen within the month my list changes for various reasons so I think this will be easier to work with.

January was not a bad month got quite a few things done around the house and looking forward to get more completed. It is really helping to break things down into smaller tasks and being okay with only completing the smaller tasks instead of viewing it as a huge task and having to get it all done. Mentally it is so much easier to tackle the spice cupboard vs cleaning the kitchen cupboards which would be 5 set of cupboards plus the 2 floor to ceiling pull out pantries. I actually feel I am getting so much more done this way as I am not getting so overwhelmed and giving up.

Alright back to work just under 2 hours left. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!!! Writhing to compagnies really paid off .I got 9 yes and 2 no.My father did not receive the email from ensure and glucerna and me just for glucerna and no news from manns ,that is weird.Still need to writh to 4 compagnies and I will wait to receive coupons and then set a trade list.Received my trade and my roak from @Ciel thank you very much.Roaked a collegue of my father with pets food coupons,she was thrilled.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still need to go pick up the new optimun card and settle it up and I receive for the first time with my flyers the smart saver insert,not sure if i will do the mir.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am waiting until next week to go to SDM to get my new card and swap my Optimum card ... let things settle down. Already have my account on my iPhone so I can use that moving forward but want to have the physical card also. I think the new card will have a different number than my online card so I will need to link that on my online account .... if it works LOL.

I printed three Finish MIR offers ... just need to look for a good price now.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, all.

Still muddling along. Life's been interesting, to put it mildly (good, bad and annoying).

First the annoying, to get it out of the way. I cannot seem to shake this darn cold (3 months and counting, blech). I'm fine for a week, then feel yucky again. Maybe I need a few chocolate martinis to kill the germs? My phone's been giving me grief lately (yes, I'm old & still have a landline), so I'm looking into going the cellphone route. Anyone have experience with Public Mobile? I've also decided that I have to decline the fun adventure I had hoped for in the spring (it's too hard to find someone who can take care of Lily dog). My poor girl is still leaky and needs far too many walks each day. More importantly, I could never forgive myself if something happened to her while I was off having fun. Sigh.

The bad - poor little Wilfrid, my little blue betta, went to the great aquarium in the sky. I was dealing with other frustrations, so naturally ended up at the pet store to cheer myself up (really have to stop that ). The good part is that I didn't bring home the kitten who was Quincy cat's double, the not-too-bad part is that I brought home a little fish so the tank wouldn't be empty (more anon).

And, not completely unexpected, it looks like my kidney will soon be on permanent strike. At this point, the Dr thinks I'll need another transplant in a year or so (conservative estimate, so I'm thinking more like 3ish). Considering this kidney was problematic from day 1 and I was given a 5 yr estimate, I'm grateful that all these years later it still works. Which brings me to....

...the good (since there are still lots of things to celebrate). First, the most important thing - the brats are well. Lily dog is as active as ever (even if she is leaky). Walking down several flights of stairs multiple times a day (up is harder for both of us) has built up her muscles, and she is back to being her crazy puppy self (good for me too, although I'm exhausted). None of my neighbours can believe she's 14.5. Quincy cat is his usual silly kitty self, although he has a bit of cabin fever (too cold to patio hop these days). The fish (SirJ the betta and Goldilocks the goldfish) are both swimming happily along. And the new addition, betta Sylvester, with his grey body and pretty yellow fins, is settling in to the crazy household.

And lots more good in my life. There is a light festival on in the 'hood (haven't checked it out completely yet - too cold! - but there is a fire-breathing dragon, I hear) and a bit of fun at the theatre (trying to ignore the drama in the real world and enjoy the drama on stage ). I also had 2 big celebrations in January - 15 yrs of happily working kidney & pancreas (well, cranky kidney, but it still works!) and half a century of enjoying life (only a few more years to enjoy the senior's discount! woohoo!).

And if anyone is looking for a gluten/carb-free snack, the brats & I can vouch for the yumminess of the cheddar/bacon/chives ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAZGHW_7Hwo

Better get back to the real world. My personal trainer is reminding me that it's time for another trek down the stairs and into the arctic chill. When we come in, she might let me take a nap. Assuming the cookie dispensing quota has been achieved.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Stay warm.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Think I am done for tonight, it was pretty productive.

We bought a multi RCA changer for our TV so we can hook up our Wii (which we use for Netflix), DVD Player and VCR (yes we still have a VCR). I bought it on Amazon using a GC from Swagbucks plus a credit I had from a previous GC. When all was said and done it cost me $2.36 for the changer and the cables needed. I set this up after work tonight and tested the Wii and DVD player.

I cleaned the bathroom, except for the floor which I will do tomorrow.

We found some plastic containers in a box that are still perfectly good just dusty so I washed those up. We have a ton of plastic and will need to get rid of some but as we find it I want to wash it so it can either be put away or I will sell as bundles.

I cleaned the top shelf of our Spice Cupboard which has a bunch of stuff on it we never use. Until we have time to sort the plastic I will store it on the top shelf of this cupboard.

Now I am done for the night. I had wanted to clean the front of the kitchen cabinets as they need a good scrubbing but do not feel like climbing a ladder tonight so I will save that for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyone know if Cavendish Farms send mail out coupons.?I e-mailed them.
    Or @Angela273 :where the 75 cents coupons for Cavendish in your trade list came from please and thank you for the response.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Got some good deals on meat this past week at Co-op and No Frills, so happy with that.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We may be snowed in today. Good thing we don't have a hockey game today so don't have to be anywhere.
    DS sold an old game system last night for $120. He did well! They came to pick up after 10pm when we returned home from hockey. I have a bunch of games and stuff to post for that system now.
    Well guess we better get rolling

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I made a big batch of chicken fried rice. Had DS try it and he said it was really good and better then my 1st attempt! He had a bowl for breakfast lol. I also made taco meat. 2 large containers full. Boys can eat 1 this weekend and hopefully I can put 1 in freezer to pull out next week. Drive way is done. Wow we got a lot of snow and more expected tonight and tomorrow. Think it's shower time then grabbing a coffee and go out exploring
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I think my plan might be working. After seeing everything I completed last night Mom seems to be motivated to help me today accomplish some more of the tasks on my list. Hopefully now instead of me sorting things and getting her opinion later we can just go straight to the keep, sell, donate, toss, or need to find the rest of the parts.

Since our house still needs to sorted and cleaned I will be keeping a bin of parts/odds & ends as I do not want to throw something out only to discover the rest of the parts later. Even if it is something we plan to get rid of I want to have all the parts to sell or donate. The trick will be keeping up with the bin. Since I find I work best with routine I think I am going to pick one night and once a week I will sort through the bin to see if anything matches up and can come out of the bin.

Last night before I shut off my laptop I created a spreadsheet of things I would like to accomplish around the house, I was able to create a list of about 30 items and have thought of a few more I will add. I decided to keep this list to items I can work on, on my own so I will not get frustrated that I am not getting help and give up. With that being said most of these items if Mom wants to help she can and it will just get done faster.

I was going to make Beef Stew for dinner yesterday but forgot Mom had to close last night at work and is off this weekend so I decided against it. So now we are going to have Beef Stew tonight with Homemade Potato Buns. This should use the last of a bag of potato that needs to be used up. Also the Potato Buns were in the freezer and will be used up instead of making a new batch.

Alright off to help Mom set up her PCO account. Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Spent $107 at Sobeys last night and earned 330AM = $34.74 back in Air Miles. I also used one FPC for nearly $4. I also earned about 290AM from filling prescriptions at the Pharmacy.

I never got credited the AM from the prescriptions that I filled on January 2. I have to wait 120 days before I can put in the missing Air Miles complaint, but I do not have the till receipt for the transactions. I do have the individual prescription print offs. I know that the teller scanned my AM card because she asked for it twice.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information