User Tag List

Page 418 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 468 518 918 1418 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, happy day good morning to everyone!!

I'm still glued to the NFL channel, listening to all the chat, pressers with Pederson, Foles...still on a cloud, all floaty and happy. A Superbowl win by a team of guys who were cut by other teams, a rag-tag bunch of 'underdogs'. HAH! Who let the dogs out!!! That's got to be one of their theme songs. Can't wait to see them get off the plane in Philly, the parade...what a night! Our DD and her DH even watched the game, and it was the first time I've ever been able to chat with her about "I thought they'd call that TD back!!", and watching Foles make that triksy touch-down play...I can't believe it really happened, that the patriots are losers!!! hahaha!! And yep, I do believe brady is still in tears this morning. hahaha!

So, what next. @avoncallingu , yep, it's the "final 3789", as I call it...the final how many ? teams playing off until the sweet 16, at which point I can finally understand who'd playing whom and why.
    Then @GoJays ' favourite time of the year, when the Jays take the field once again.

First, however, the Olympics.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!! It's sure a good day around here!!

You've got to love it when the owner gets his groove on!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    When does baseball start? Oh yeah, we have to go Mad in March first.
    Blue Jays
    Pitchers and Catchers report - February 14
    First Workout - February 15
    Position Players Report - February 19
    First Full Squad Workout - February 20

First game of spring training - February 23 vs. Phillies
    Last game of spring training - March 27 vs Cardinals

First game of official season - March 29 vs Yankees

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, Go Jays! We actually saw a Spring Training game vs. Phillies last year. The stands were full of Canadian Jays fans.
    Ah the boys of Spring - summer -and Fall!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You're welcome avon

Thanks, Go Jays! We actually saw a Spring Training game vs. Phillies last year. The stands were full of Canadian Jays fans.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We saw them once at Spring Training too, @avoncallingu ....at that Disneyworld sports complex, I can't remember the name...hang on, I'll look it up...aha...the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex! What a huge, magnificent area it is, too...and thank goodness we had some shade, it was hot out there!!

Lol...trust @GoJays to have all the relevant information on the Jays. Any interesting perhaps new players on the team this year, Jays? I admit to not watching many games, maybe they're mostly on weekends and we're at camp doing other things?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...........our seasons differ slightly @GoJays ..

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I was like wow that's great to know when baseball stuff starts and then realized of course @GoJays would know. However sounds more like winter training lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We lost a few players to free agency.
    Michael Saunders, Jose Bautista, RFG (Ryan Freakin' Goins -((sad face)), Darwin Barney (super-sad face),

Not too much has been done that will make a huge impact. Here are the most notable trades, acquisitions, etc:

20/11/17 Pittsburgh Pirates traded SS Gift Ngoepe to Toronto Blue Jays.
    20/11/17 Cleveland Indians claimed 2B Rob Refsnyder off waivers from Toronto Blue Jays.

01/12/17 St. Louis Cardinals traded SS Aledmys Diaz to Toronto Blue Jays for CF J.B. Woodman.

06/01/18 San Diego Padres traded 2B Yangervis Solarte to Toronto Blue Jays for CF Edward Olivares and RHP Jared Carkuff.
    19/01/18 Toronto Blue Jays traded RHP Dominic Leone and RHP Conner Greene to St. Louis Cardinals for LF Randal Grichuk.
    23/01/18 Toronto Blue Jays signed free agent LF Curtis Granderson.

As you can see, nothing too exciting.

Shatkins isn't as bold as AA was with the wheeling and dealing. Too bad. I used to like hearing about AA's magical powers when it came to making trades.

Hey... you asked!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We saw them once at Spring Training too, @avoncallingu....at that Disneyworld sports complex, I can't remember the name...hang on, I'll look it up...aha...the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex! What a huge, magnificent area it is, too...and thank goodness we had some shade, it was hot out there!!

Lol...trust @GoJays to have all the relevant information on the Jays. Any interesting perhaps new players on the team this year, Jays? I admit to not watching many games, maybe they're mostly on weekends and we're at camp doing other things?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

o.k. @Lynn49 I have a question wrt that throw Brady had knocked outa his hand? So before I watched the slow motion replay of it my DH shouted " watch them try to call it as interference " which to me means very little because I am STILL learning Football.
    He went on to say now watch how Brady tried to " sell it " in the replay!
    Sure enough, the ball gets knocked out, he KNEW it had been knocked out of his hand BUT his hand/arm follows through upward as if he was making the throw!

So funny!!!
    My question is....is Tom Brady nuts?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby the same way a baseball catcher will slightly pull their glove in a bit when catching a foul ball to try and frame it as a strike.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Watching Casey Neistat on youtube. he mentions how he thought it was weird one day flying first class. The pilot came out and made announcements instead of the flight attendants. I tweeted him it doesn't beat what I saw when flying first class. After take off the pilot came out of the cockpit, sat down in first class and started reading the paper lol.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    o.k. @Lynn49 I have a question wrt that throw Brady had knocked outa his hand? So before I watched the slow motion replay of it my DH shouted " watch them try to call it as interference " which to me means very little because I am STILL learning Football.
    He went on to say now watch how Brady tried to " sell it " in the replay!
    Sure enough, the ball gets knocked out, he KNEW it had been knocked out of his hand BUT his hand/arm follows through upward as if he was making the throw!

So funny!!!
    My question is....is Tom Brady nuts?

Yes. Absolutely, without a doubt.

You're paying attention and learning, little grasshopper!! SO proud on ya!
    Let's see what you remember in September. There will be a test, but it'll be multiple guess.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Seriously, however, @walkonby , as with other lying, cheating, low-down teams, it's not out of the realm of possiblilty that the players train faking out the refs (who are easily distracted anyway).
    Look at the diving, gymnastic move that Gronkowsky made when he was grabbed: purely for the refs benefit!
    He can retire, I won't miss him.

You'll like this, Walks...some of the Eagles won't be going to the white house as is customary. I bet every single patriot would be knocking that door down to get in!!! Not this year, whiners!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Trying to catch up on tasks that have been "pushed to the bottom of the list" for too long. What is it that you put off because it's such a pain for you?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trying to catch up on tasks that have been "pushed to the bottom of the list" for too long. What is it that you put off because it's such a pain for you?
    Do I have multiple choices, @avoncallingu?

Let's see.....cleaning the fridge. That's a biggie with me. I mean...the decisions! What to toss out, what to keep...consolidating the stuff from camp with the stuff from our fridge at the end of summer, to avoid duplicates of everything...Yep. That'd be my primary dislike. And besides, it's dang cold!! And the fridge keeps yelling at me that the doors are open! Duh, fridge!!
    (there are others...)
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Feb 5th, 2018 at 09:19 PM.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Thread Information