User Tag List

Page 169 of 193 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Having to wash and throughly dry my dog's face everyday. oh well, at least it just the dog and not DH
    Can I ask why? Does he/she get icky eyes?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Attachment 338558 No, he just has a very wrinkled face. If I don't clean his face everyday, then the folds can get dirty and infected. Last time that happened, all the fur fell out and his face smelled of rotten meat. It cost $400.00 in meds to clear it up.
    Ciel likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

went to get my free b'day pie at Giant Tiger today ( 750 gram size....rhubard/strawberry.....Mmmmm ) , np with that....but as of today that location is now charging for plastic bags. Not too much of a rant from me about this policy change because I normally carry my reusable bags into the stores since almost every other place charges.
    I was thrilled to still be getting free bags up until now.
    I carried my pie out in my hands....you'll get no nickel from me GT! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    went to get my free b'day pie at Giant Tiger today ( 750 gram size....rhubard/strawberry.....Mmmmm ) , np with that....but as of today that location is now charging for plastic bags. Not too much of a rant from me about this policy change because I normally carry my reusable bags into the stores since almost every other place charges.
    I was thrilled to still be getting free bags up until now.
    I carried my pie out in my hands....you'll get no nickel from me GT! ha ha
    good for you for not paying for the bag
    hope they still give 3 cents off when you bring your own bag

ironically Giant Tiger is part of the bread price fixing, like Loblaws
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ohh the bag drama! alot of that going on in my town... they (the council) plan to ban the plastic bag, replace them with paper and charge people 15c per paper bag (with it going up to 25c per paper bag in the new year) and laying out big fines to businesses who don't comply
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and walkonby like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    good for you for not paying for the bag
    hope they still give 3 cents off when you bring your own bag

ironically Giant Tiger is part of the bread price fixing, like Loblaws
    @Shwa Girl I heard on the news tonight that GT and Sobeys are vehemently denying any involvement in it. They are going to fight in court to prove their innocence.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Shwa Girl I heard on the news tonight that GT and Sobeys are vehemently denying any involvement in it. They are going to fight in court to prove their innocence.
    I was under the impression (not from this case) that Sobey's didnt sell Weston breads. And why would they when the Weston family owns your largest competitor, Loblaws.
    I prefer D'Italiano breads and burger rolls, but could never get them at Sobey's (for obvious reason) -- and noticed similar brands not available.

In NB at least, Sobey's are largely a purveyor of Ben's breads, and independent brands. If they sell any Weston brands, it wasnt obvious to me.

I could be wrong, and it might not be nationwide -- but I know that selling Weston breads is limited, and wouldnt surprise me if they were not part of any collusion.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

just some snippets from a Toronto Star article a few days ago....

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...on-bureau.html

Both Metro and Sobeys, which have consistently denied involvement, issued strong statements on Wednesday.

“It doesn’t mean that we are guilty of anything because our colleague’s name is in the document,” said Metro spokesperson Marie-Claude Bacon.

“Our suppliers informed us at some point in time of the new prices, but it certainly doesn’t mean that we agreed with the other retailers and suppliers to increase the price, it’s not the same thing at all.
    We need to discuss with each of our suppliers the price of the products we are to sell; there is nothing illegal in that. We have to have those discussions.”
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

today I wore the ankle boots i bought last wk at sally anne....OUCH! they will be going back in the donate bag *sheesh*

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    today I wore the ankle boots i bought last wk at sally anne....OUCH! they will be going back in the donate bag *sheesh*
    The boots or your ankles?!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    The boots or your ankles?!

LOL....i should have known better..they were tender tootsies but i have wide feet.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my rant -I have ladies size 9 feet which is okay by me except when I buy some socks -bought a nice black fluffy pair $3.50 at marksworkwarehouse yesterday and guess what too tight -uggggg so I will give them to my daughter-in-law today when she comes to visit

-meanwhile they make a lot of mens size 10-13 and they are too big for my dear hubby as he is a mens size 8 - 8/half-lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 9th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -my rant -I have ladies size 9 feet which is okay by me except when I buy some socks -bought a nice black fluffy pair $3.50 at marksworkwarehouse yesterday and guess what too tight -uggggg so I will give them to my daughter-in-law today when she comes to visit

-meanwhile they make a lot of mens size 10-13 and they are too big for my dear hubby as he is a mens size 8 - 8/half-lol
    oh @coupon girl my DD hears your woes and doubles down with it! She has a ladies size 11 foot. Her pet peeves include the search for both socks and shoes! ha ha

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

oh @coupon girl my DD hears your woes and doubles down with it! She has a ladies size 11 foot. Her pet peeves include the search for both socks and shoes! ha ha
    Hot Sox will fit her (and I'm a size 12 and recent fan of the brand since last spring). At least Tootsies stores stock up to size 11 in footwear and same with DSW and Browns (higher prices but might be good for special occasions). I also managed to find two pairs of McGregor wool blend socks in the fall (one pair had to be tossed a few days ago due to a hole-sigh) that fit. They were sized up to 9.5 or 10 but still fit. Cuffs may tend to be tight.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When sibling buys a snowblower, waits a long time to use said device and proceeds to go around the yard (front and back) to remove old snow (which he dug loose). But wait, since when does running a snowblower need to go into a flowerbed? Yep, he is so on NOTICE now.

He also did not use it yesterday to remove mushy snow from the driveway before yesterday's freezing rain. No, I used manual shovel technology for that effort. All hail plastic shovels!
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Feb 12th, 2018 at 06:30 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 169 of 193 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast

Thread Information