User Tag List

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! I really need to put laundry away tonight! It's a cold day today here too and I had no long sleeve shirts in my closet!

I know today is pancake Tuesday but I put a roast in the slow cooker this morning. Youngest is at a school class this evening where they feed them dinner so it may be for tomorrow nights dinner. May just make some pancakes and bacon tonight still.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS had a hockey game last night so I dropped him at the arena and went to No Frills before the game started.
    Our fridge is pretty empty but freezer is still pretty full. Shopped with meals to make in mind as well as quick things for the teen.
    I spent $22.40 in change and got:

$1.77 Pancake mix
    .99 x 2 rice crackers
    1.97 10 lbs potatoes
    .99 x 2 romaine hearts
    1.28 bananas
    2.00 Wonder buns (for chicken burgers in freezer for teen)
    1.99 x 2 blueberries
    .48 tomato (for BLT's!)
    2.00 blueberry muffins (treat for kids)
    1.99 x 2 Large wraps! (these are normally $4- perfect for wraps for DS's lunch and chicken ceaser wraps for all dinner- even the teen likes them!!)
    1.00 English muffins
    .10 2 plastic bags

Happy with my little haul! I still need to grab broccoli at Food Basics for sure. .99 for 2 bunches is a great price so that will be our veggie for the next while for sure (both kids like it!) The 12pk of PC Toilet Paper is still on for $3.49 from the sale a few weeks ago. Wish my PC pts were on my proper card. I would have grabbed a ton and redeemed points. That is a good price I think and I only have 8 packages in closet!!
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon ,since I have been up since 3.00 a.m this morning cleaned 3 toilets ,watched steven Hawkins movie cant remember the name ,talked a bit to my daughter on her way to work and called the gap got back 9.93 credit for my 47.98 order my girlfriends daughter had her second child yesterday a boy (now she has the girl and boy),plus ordered a few books for easter for the grandkids from indigo (yeah I am all done easter shopping for the grandkids except the chocolate so I will wait to get that . I always love to be ahead of the game when it comes to shopping -oh and I did dishes and called my hairdresser for a haircut next week.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Afternoon! Snowing once again, ah when will Winter end? Daughter home from school today with sore throat, doctor took swab (hopefully not strep troat!). Puttering around the house, and just remembered it is pancake Tuesday, know what we're having for dinner! Not particularly religious but love pancake Tuesday! Any excuse for breakfast for dinner really 😋

Looking for work is so not fun. Haven't had to search or do interviews in over 14 years so it's eye opening. Ah well, sure find something sometime..... will think positive.

Hope everyone's day is a good one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all.

I got my fitbit all reset.. and reconnected to my carrot app. happy.
    I know its pancake tuesday... I made pork tenderloin.. roast potatoes, and veggies. a fairly easy meal... as when I freeze the tenderloin.. I add all the marinating stuff .

cashed out for my 3rd kr 5.00 amazon gc yesterday. 3 in 7 days. not bad at all. cashed for a 25 sb one today.
    my oldest went to sdm and got some pantene on sale, she used coupons. she never uses coupons.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I received an e mail today from The Home Tester Club to test an Air Wick product which you are supposed to order through Amazon. They give you a code to use but it does not cover the total cost. Did anyone else receive this or know anything about it?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

At the end of a long day I stopped at Walmart for a few necessities. Unfortunately they had no raspberries, but I did SCOP a pork loin. They had a lot of pork loins that were labeled at $5.xx/kg, not the $3.90/kg that was on the sign. I picked up a boneless pork loin for $0.80 total. Yes we are eating out of the freezer, but I won’t pass it up at that price. I think I’ll swing by Walmart again tomorrow night to SCOP another one. I’ll also try to PM raspberries at No Frills, if WM is still out of stock.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Macw1960- no , i havent heard anything.

ok. Happy V day. kids will be bouncy. I am heading to the park with them . at least they can run there. nor sure about sledding.. but running is good. I will give hubby a box of choc later. and I am making home made burgers for supper. one of the families fav's

working on a few crafts with t he kids. all in all should be a frugal day. I do need to get more buns. plan forthe night is just to chill.. and prob put away more laundry.....lol.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Giseledta I guess I am smarter in the morning rather at night, figured it out and ordered it.
    Last edited by macw1960; Wed, Feb 14th, 2018 at 09:00 AM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Happy Valentine's Day to all who celebrate it!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy valentines day -gave hubby a nice big kiss when he came in this morning (we don't do gifts anymore,i am okay with ) going thru my linen closet right now ,as I am tired off sleeping on 30 year old sheets on the twin spare bed (sometimes I sleep in seperate rooms for hubby -his snorning is awful and lately I have been getting up in the night ,so shopped online at the bay today got a set of twin sheets reg 49.99 on for 23.99 plus ordered a lol doll for Ashlyn for easter -these kids toys that are popular are sold out everywhere then thru in 2 pairs of mens socks (yo socks 2.50 and 3.20 for another pair reg 9.99 (who pays that for socks)to get free shipping and today ebates is giving 14% back from the bay so got back $6.44(that's the way to shop for sure plus 15% off as I used my bay credit card .
    Supper tonight nothing fancy pasta and rolls ,yes its is so nice out today .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The kids exchanged Valentines this morning and had a treat with their morning snack. It took a while to get out the door to go to the park, but the kids are enjoying themselves. There are two parks that are 4 short blocks away from our home. I just have my older Daycare girl and our own 3 children today. We are at the park right now and I’m wishing for sunglasses or my baseball hat, it is so bright.

Edit:
    Well, we were outside for 2hrs. I decided against the stroller, maybe could have used the big sled since the street had a bit of snow on it. My arms are paying for it, since I carried their water bottles in a bag and carried each twin part of the way. We have walked before, but it didn’t go smoothly this time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 14th, 2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Oh darn it! I just discovered that my Swagbucks referral link brings me to a blank page. I’ll add it to my list of things to try to accomplish on the computer during nap time.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hey, Hamilton SCers! Sobeys on the Mountain is going to have its grand opening tomorrow! @Anna Michele @coupon girl
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...ning-thursday/
    I've been checking for ANY update on the community news site for the past two weeks and SCORED the article just now.
    Race you to the ribbon cutting!
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information