User Tag List

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Finally got my Loblaw's $25 card today and promptly spent it at No Frills!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just popped over to shoppers spent 25.98 with tax on a few food items eggs,cookies ,bread etc got a total of 7,805 points -that is a nice amount of points -it sure helps getting a personal offer of spend 25.00 on anything in the store get 6,000 points

then popped into pizza pizza got a 9.99 large walk in special and I did the survey from when we bought single slice in Toronto and I had a code I wrote down and that got me a side cesar salad free today -didn't have to pay a cent as I had my gift card I had bought at Costco a few months back spend 50.00 only pay 40.00-and boy that pizza tasted great after not eating a supper for 3 days days -lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    We just had our patio door installed a few years ago. I still think it's miles better than what was there before, but my only disappointment was that the opening wasn't as wide as our old one. I learned that by trying to quickly grab our two clothes drying rack (with clothes) out of the rain. It wasn't pretty and there were socks everywhere.
    @Angela273 : That's an astounding amount of clothes!

I sorted out all the clothes I have and I have one box of clothes for girls, one box for boys, and a box of gender neutral clothes. I had to toss out a ton because DD2 had horrible reflux and stained almost everything she wore. Now that the reflux has ended, I expect more clothes after size 2.
    @saundyl : Congrats on the new puppy!

As an update, I did cave and try one of the chocolate chip cookies last night. I had to try one since I changed the recipe. Then I ate the rest of the bag of chocolate chips. Must stay away from chocolate....
    Thank you. I think hes fabulous. About 7 months old. A rescue and a huge chicken..loves cuddles. And so very soft.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well I am still feeling like crap day 3 -hubby went out and got Gatorade and I said pick up a small carton of milk for your coffee ,he comes back with milk that was 4.98 for 3 bags from Walmart -ugggg oh well
    -we had a gentlemen come and price our new patio door ,so that is ordered will be done in june ,had to put half down on our visa now but we have gone with this company before for our windows -so we will use our income tax for the new door plus a bit more
    Feel better soon!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

saundyl-thanks I am feeling better and eating now ,love your new puppy so cute looking

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    saundyl-thanks I am feeling better and eating now ,love your new puppy so cute looking
    Oh thats good. Thank you. It took me a couple months of cajoling to get bf to agree to foster him first. Then he fell in love.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, today was a good day. Had the last of my final examinations for university. A fair examination today for Ethics class, we had to do it on the computer, only 6 questions, with three related to a case. I wasn't expecting to type that much but ended up with TEN pages for it! My other exams were all understanable and straight-forward (Intro to Business, Business Communication with Case Analysis, and Organizational Behaviour)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@saundyl - what a gorgeous puppy! Enjoy!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am writting to french compagnies for coupons.I got no for now
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today I requested a cheque from CO51 for $20.90.
    We went to WM as a family this evening. There were some things that Dh needed to pick out for himself. I still pm’d Things from No Frills and the CO-OP. I also used $5 in coupons and $2 CO51 rebate. The snow has been holding off so far, I’ll wait to see what it looks like in the morning.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-well I have a bunch of running around to this morning -have to get my prescription at the pharmacy ,take my library books back etc gonna leave at 10.30

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I am wanting the week to go by quickly! Friday is girls night away Can't wait to hot tub with my bestie!!

Yesterday was a long day! Today is much slower. Will stop by my mother's house afterwork to visit/check in on her. Taking her to an out of town Dr's. appt. tomorrow afternoon so nice to have quality time. Will take her for dinner after.

Tonight- Will put laundry away (towels dry in dryer). Will gather the laundry but don't think I have enough for a load which isn't a bad thing. I may was the oldest's bedding since he will be out at work. Kitchen is clean. Tonight's dinner will be simple, use up chicken and ham in fridge. Run the dishwasher after 7pm and make sure to put dishes away before bed.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looks a little wet and cold outside this morning. I estimate less than 1cm of new snow on the ground, but it is evident that we had rain. The wind is gone. I might bundle up the little kids later this morning and take them outside to play in the back yard.

I won a small Facebook contest yesterday. The prize was a few new inserts. We don’t get the Red Plum insert where we live.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 18th, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl: I hope you recuperate quick. That sounds like a doozy of a sick spell.

@saundyl: Such a beautiful puppy! He looks so soft and huggable. Awww!

I stepped out just before midnight to buy +50 L of gas at 120.5. I couldn't believe there were lineups! There were at least 10 cars that had the same thought as me, even though the night was royally cold. The car thermometer said 2 C, but I'm sure it was just trying to make me feel better. I was frozen to the core! I'm still reeling from the sticker shock of +$60 in gas. It was never this much taking the bus. :-( Of course, I'm also getting older and the falls and ice are much less pleasant.

I also stayed up last night to cut garlic and peppers. There's no guarantee the kids will let me so much as take dinner out of the refrigerator, much less cook.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gas went up here eight cents last night...

Today could be spring - it's supposed to get up to six!

Enjoy what the day brings you!

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information