User Tag List

Page 702 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 1202 1702 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Cabbie, I didn't know that, I'm so sorry
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, Cabmonk, it's always sad when a death in the family is close to a holiday! Grief, just like the love we had for that person, goes on throughout our lives.

Well, my well intended plans went a little off the rails. I found that I didn't have all the ingredients I needed for the home-made treats for the Spaghetti Supper, so Zehr's made them for me. I mailed off the birthday card for my son-in-law complete with US money draft.

It was 20% off Seniors Day at Shoppers and I have been thinking of getting a Water Pik. I ran into a wild lady in the toothpaste aisle and we advised each other on products while she proclaimed that, "At 73 she had to hold on to everything she had that was still working." She was a real hoot and she certainly did not look 73.

I'm pooped now at 2:00 pm instead of 3:00 pm, thanks to "Falling Back."

@Natalka and @Lynn49 -I know you must be sad at having to give up old traditions. I sure am, but let's rally each other on! How to make Geritol taste like Egg Nog. How to turn channels on the TV from right there in our loungers. How to make random people roll their eyes just by starting a sentence with, "When I was a child..."

Lots of fun to be had in the golden years!

I'm going to have a little snooze for an hour before I round up those who are worse off than me to drive them to this Supper.

Oh, I got Groupon tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd in London in March. That'll be a night of nastalgia!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!!

So right on two counts, @avoncallingu...I miss "the olden days" and our family's traditions for both big and little Christmasses every year, and that there are still lots of years ahead to enjoy the new traditions we've made!
    Enjoy your dinner this evening!

Chatted with our DD on the phone for her entire drive from here to the Sault...hahaha...that's ONE way Mama can keep an eye, or ear, on how her DD's doing in the car! Actually, it's a blessing every time I get to chat with her. And AVON, I even got to say a few words!!

B'day card done for my BFF's friend's Hubby's b'day lunch tomorrow, after we get our flu shots at the Health Unit. Two hours to kill between those and in the olden days (about a year ago) we'd do stuff, shop...now-a-days it's time for my nap before going out again. Some things, Avon, aren't so much fun...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You two old birds are giving me a smile!! @Lynn49 and @avoncallingu you both make the senior years sound very exciting!
    I might be directly behind you on that road but experience almost all of the same ailments.
    Wanted to make up something soft for DH to eat ( after having dental surgery this a.m. ) so as I am shaking the package of powdered cheese for the Kraft dinner doesn't the top off of it rip off somehow ( in mid shake ) and it was powdered cheese for everyone!!
    GRRRR!
    I used what was left in the pkg and then heated up some Cheese Whiz from a jar I will never get to finish now ( stupid diet! ) .
    @cabmonk not only have you maintained your vegan diet but really stuck to the DDP Yoga workout. the results are there!!
    Congrats!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GoJays ...YOU, Lady, are bonkers!! In a good way!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    You two old birds are giving me a smile!! @Lynn49 and @avoncallingu you both make the senior years sound very exciting!
    I might be directly behind you on that road but experience almost all of the same ailments.
    Wanted to make up something soft for DH to eat ( after having dental surgery this a.m. ) so as I am shaking the package of powdered cheese for the Kraft dinner doesn't the top off of it rip off somehow ( in mid shake ) and it was powdered cheese for everyone!!
    GRRRR!
    I used what was left in the pkg and then heated up some Cheese Whiz from a jar I will never get to finish now ( stupid diet! ) .
    @cabmonk not only have you maintained your vegan diet but really stuck to the DDP Yoga workout. the results are there!!
    Congrats!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby Thanks, I'm definitely trying. I've slipped just a bit on vegan diet but just from eating some salad dressings. I do buy vegan mayo though. Still about 95% vegan and definitely trying to stick to it. I'm kinda surprised by the flexibility change. I see people doing that catcher position and think if I crouch down that low I'll snap my leg lol.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Cabbie, I didn't know that, I'm so sorry
    @GoJays
    No it's ok, thanks. It's been a long time. However I still remember it because it's weird. I worked nights and started getting ready for work. I was about to take a shower at 8pm and had an urge to check the phone. The light wasn't flashing so I took my shower. After I got out of the shower now the light was flashing and there was a message from the hospital. They told me my mom had passed away at 8pm. It kind of freaked me out.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@avoncallingu Thanks, I know. It was hard for a while. I had her cremated because that's what she wanted. We lived in Vancouver but her ashes are buried in a cemetery here in Timmins.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And now for some quiet time...this was Santa a few years ago, but it's still gorgous..
    I'm sure he's already taken his first run of the season this year!!

Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@cabmonk , I lost my Dad on Dec 22nd, 1990, so I can almost imagine what you went through...any time is a bad time to lose a parent, but at Christmas I think we felt the wounds deeper still. He was my Christmas-Partner...as nuts about Christmas as I was and it's taken me years to feel the same way about Christmas. Now my new partner is our 10-yr old Grandson...he's already talking about putting up "our" Christmas village this year! So I bought some new pieces...he did such a beautiful job last year.

I hope your pain has started to melt away, replaced by happy memories of your dear Mom....so sorry....

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @cabmonk , I lost my Dad on Dec 22nd, 1990, so I can almost imagine what you went through...any time is a bad time to lose a parent, but at Christmas I think we felt the wounds deeper still. He was my Christmas-Partner...as nuts about Christmas as I was and it's taken me years to feel the same way about Christmas. Now my new partner is our 10-yr old Grandson...he's already talking about putting up "our" Christmas village this year! So I bought some new pieces...he did such a beautiful job last year.

I hope your pain has started to melt away, replaced by happy memories of your dear Mom....so sorry....
    Thanks and sorry for your loss too, Christmas was definitely our thing too since it was just the 2 of us. It was just weird that at 8pm I thought there was a message for me but there wasn't. Then after my shower there was a message that my mom had passed away at 8pm. Some family here so it's nice versus being stuck alone in Vancouver.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I like Christmas music but then it makes me cry. My mom died on Christmas day in 1998. So I guess it's kinda bittersweet.

Hope everyone has good day.

Some more progress pics. From not so flexible to way more flexible lol.
    Sorry about your mom cabmonk..it will always be bittersweet..November 27 will be 5 years since my dad passed away ..its still bittersweet to me too ..im sure i will always feel say way ..my dad and i was very close ..plus i was only daughter too ..your sure keeping up awesome job cabmonk..way go !! keep up awesome job your doing there it will all pay off in long run..Take good care yourself
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Newfiescreech Thanks and yeah I hear ya, sorry for your loss too. Hope everyone has a good night.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information