User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning-just thought I would get us all started-Dec 1 already! For many of us I know it is one of the least frugal months of the year-so here is wishing that we are all able to stay within or close to our December budget as we later celebrate the holidays with our families.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Dec 1st, 2018 at 08:45 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-my sleep has been not great lately yesterday I woke up at 3.10 and couldn't go back to sleep ,so babysitting cara wasn't easy ,I did take her for a morning walk from 9-til 925 maybe it made her tired as she went down from 10.30 til 12.30 hubby came by at 2.00 so that helped a little

wow dec 1 -so glad a start early for grandkids and get the super great deals I got ,only have to buy a few giftcards and I am done

My online black Friday shopping is coming in slowly but that's okay

Off to Toronto at 11.00 a.m to watch Sebastian today we will be home around 4-5 ,my daughter is having friends over for xmas get together -she loves hosting and she is a great cook so she told me she doesn't have time to have us for lunch as she is prepping the food when they get back at 2.30,so we will get a"pizza nova" pizza for lunch for us and Sebastian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My mom hosted our big family Christmas dinner today This was the 1st time in forever that all 11 siblings were together and all came because losing my dad in April was a stark reminder that you don’t know what tomorrow brings. Many traveled far to make it so mom was really touched. I can’t believe it’s December. Need to get moving on Christmas.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

omg. its the 1st. wow.

ok. today was not frugal . but its all good.
    bought most of the Christmas gifts. and i have a plan .
    dropped off a few things for my brother
    took my mom to the store.
    took oldestout to dinner. all is good. home and resting.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I went to shoppers drug mart and bought 2x 6 rolls of paper towel, 6x cans of friskies, 1 terry chocolate orange toffee flavour. For 14.85$ after taxes. I saved 9.63$.

Then there was the Christmas parade that setup outside my apartment building it was very noisy. There was bag pipes and drums a full marching band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    My mom hosted our big family Christmas dinner today This was the 1st time in forever that all 11 siblings were together and all came because losing my dad in April was a stark reminder that you don’t know what tomorrow brings. Many traveled far to make it so mom was really touched. I can’t believe it’s December. Need to get moving on Christmas.
    @lilo0003 how wonderful you all did that!

Wowsers on 11 sibs! Usually people think we six sibs are a lot - well, there are five of us now. So I agree with your sentiment totally.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-I am amazed too that you came from such a large family-incredible! I grew up in a family of 5 kids which was more than most of my friends had in their family. Certainly in generations before ours, large families were common. Such a great idea to host the Xmas family dinner early so more of you can attend.

Things are much quieter in BA this morning-the G20 is over so life will get back to normal for the residents-the buses, subways, trains and port will be open again. The weather is lovely for walking( low 20's) and the purple jacaranda trees are in bloom. A frugal holiday, as I am staying with my sister and mainly eating at her house. We have had lots of fun reminiscing about growing up( she is 13 months younger than me) and playing Scrabble.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-how nice of all the siblings coming together for their mother

yes I come from a family of 4 (3 boys and myself)only close to 2 half brothers

hubby comes from a family of 6 five boys one girl -only close to one brother and his sister

when I got in last night I seen my brother called me from London,ont so I called him back (I don't have long distance rates but use a code my aunt gave me many years back and it cost about 1.00 to talk for about 30 minutes)he is 70 and almost blind but has a great outlook on life and always helps his grandkids -he reminds me of myself very giving in life

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday was ds’ gymnastics showcase. It happens at the end of each 3 month session, so we can see their progress. I made 3 short videos as he used each set of equipment.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy Sunday.
    today should be less spendy. lol.
    i still need to grab fresh veggies for the week, hit the dollar store. and prob grab some stuff for the front porch.

we are going to head over to a friends. he had a accident, and needs a bit of help.

i think i will spend some time doing holiday decorations as well as housework.
    i should be a great day.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

i went to walmart at 7:15am it opens at 7am....I got a 5lb bag of russet potatoes for 2.97$, green leaf lettuce for $3.47, a beef steak tomato for 2.97$, a bag of sweet onions for 2.97$, and a blueberry lemonade 1.75L for 2.97$. I spent 14.55$....I was surprised the lettuce was expensive on their shelves they still had romaine i thought to myself E. Coli city.

it is very cold outside my weather app says -2C, I could see my breath, there was frost all over the cars and the roads were slick. I watched as cars zoomed by then someone almost slammed into car that turned onto the main drag. they were going very fast and the roads were not ideal conditions they said it was going to freeze...well why didn't they put liquid ice melt on the road....its December after all. Considering in 2016 we had snow by remembrance day and the year before that we had it September 1st.

I figured i make tacos today for lunch hence all the above items that i went to the store for...the potatoes i thought maybe for something else. I didn't have enough for the potato soup i make in the crock pot like ingredients and sorts i have the bacon...but i think i need sour cream and milk to make a rue. I think my neighbour said she said had milk but i still need sour cream and cheese i think. I will have to look at that recipe online again...i maybe can get the sour cream tomorrow asking my mom that i need a few ingredients to make that wicked soup...

I had a laugh...the coffee pot was overflowing onto the counter and onto the floor...the staff plugged it in and didn't check to make sure it was going to work right so I heard this weird noise zoomed over in my chair to see it doing that. They came out of the office and they asked me what was going on I said your coffee pot is having a meltdown... They weren't impressed...but the maintenance guy started laughing...he thought it was comical.

catch u all later have a wonderful sunday!
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Dec 2nd, 2018 at 11:14 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I woke up this morning and felt like baking so instead of doing all the time that need to be done around the house I decided to bake instead. Decided it was my turn to do what I wanted on my day off instead of being worried about all the things no one else seems to worry about.

We had a bunch of apples that were going bad, they were not nice to just eat they had a lot of wax on them and even after washing they seemed to have a lot of wax so could really only eat if at home and could peel. I see Apples are on sale this week so I will buy more and decided to turn the ones we had into an apple cake which is now cooling.

Next I decided to make cranberry loaves, we bought cranberries quite awhile ago and Mom keep taking about making cranberry muffins but that has not happened so I made cranberry loaves instead. I will take this to our meeting on Wednesday.

As I worked I did all of the dishes so even after my baking binge we still have a clean kitchen.

I also washed Mom's coat as she got coffee all over it yesterday so that is now hanging downstairs to dry. I did all of our other laundry yesterday and everything has been washed, folded and put away.

I am thinking spinach and ricotta manicotti for dinner tonight. I feel like we have been eating a lot of pasta lately but I really wanted to make something I could make ahead as well as something I would not make during the week.

I have been working on Christmas Gifts, I am making my niece a hooded unicorn blanket, I am about 70% done. As well I making Owl Baskets for Mom to give her co workers, I have 3 baskets done just need to make the eyes. I am working on the 4th basket now and waiting for Mom to bring me the yarn for the 5th.

I also decided to try to make my own spreadables today, we always buy spreadables as butter does not stay soft in this house during the winter. One of our local stores used to always include spreadables whenever Gaylea was on sale but they stopped this and the price is ridiculous. So I tried my first batch today, will use it later and see what I think, then see what Mom thinks.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night was dh’s workChristmas Party. We didn’t end up with the gifts we wanted, but the gifts we ended up with were better than last years’.

We took the kids out to a pancake breakfast with bouncy castles this morning. Only $15 for the 5 of us. They also had their picture take with Santa. It was very busy. It’s part of an annual fundraiser for our local hospital.

We stopped at Walmart and bought a thin fleece blanket for $6.07. We already have 3 at home. These 4 blankets will be in our carryon vacation.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 2nd, 2018 at 02:42 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Look at that I got a bay pkg from black Friday today (Canada post) on a sunday -I will be returning 3 items socks don't fit I can tell,and the 2 pants I got for myself -will do this this week no way am I going to a mall today

its gorgeous out about 10 degrees for sure -hubby raked the last of our leaves

supper will be chicken breasts ,salad ,mashed potatoes and brocolli
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I should have been clearer. The 11 siblings are my mom's generation. She & dad were wise enough to stop at 2 so I just have 1 younger brother. But as the 1st born grandchild I can confirm we are a huge family when everyone shows up. We counted the nieces and nephews when my dad passed away and there are over 100 of them include the great nieces and nephews.
    Today I tried out something from RCSS called flash food. Its an app that lists all the reduced/short date product. Its in separate location and you pay before you pick up. it was my 1st time and the prices were too good to pass up. I picked up a small turkey roast and 4 pork roasts for 9.50. Three of the pork roasts were the PC pork carnita that sells for 12.00 regularly, DH uses it for fajitas and it was 2.00 on clearance. I tossed them into the freezer for a future quick meal.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information