User Tag List

Page 752 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 252 652 702 742 750 751 752 753 754 762 802 852 1252 1752 ... LastLast
Results 11,266 to 11,280 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@GoJays ...only two more days of work...one more commute in...
    Good morning all.
    I am SO READY for the end of the day tomorrow.

Back later.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Yes, it is a better day. Sleep wasn't good, though.

The district nurse supervisor called this morning to check up on me, which was nice.
    So sickie-wise, I am okay.

Occupational therapist is coming at 10:30, physiotherapist at 11.
    Seems like everyone wants to check in before the holidays, which is good.
    Nurses and a Dr are available over the holidays, though, if needed.

Enjoy the day, peeps!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Off to lunch at Lot88 this afternoon for my GF's birthday. My Hubby is driving since it's drizzly out there and that makes it very difficult for me to drive...on the up-side: it's +2 out there today!!
    @flemeth , gosh, that must be awful for a headache to last that long; I hope this is the last day (hours! minutes!) you have to put up with it. Do you get migraines, is that what it is?? So I'm guessing NY is off the plate?
    @GoJays...yes, I have met people like that, but I could watch that spider jump for...well, too long, actually.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I love that meme, Lynn! So great that you get a fun outing!

My PT just left, just no answers as to why I can't step, especially since I am as moveable sitting and moving around on the bed, can do my leg and arm exercises, etc.

I made a mistake about the OT appt, that is not until tomorrow morning.

So the big deal for me to come is that our son will go pick up the new bed after work. I have to leave the room. It will depend on whether I can even get up then. The only way we can figure to do, is for me to get up with the walker ( and help of a wall edge, and a person), and somehow have the other walker behind me so I can sit, then wheel out of the room.

Even if I could borrow a wheelchair, the PT said it wouldn't fit through the doorway. Geez, circumstances make things even tougher.
    If I can't do this tonight, there's room to leave the bed in a spare room, then we could try on the weekend. Mid-morning to mid-afternoon is when I am usually my strongest.

Oy!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oiy, Nat! Good luck with that bed!
    Flemeth -when I have a migraine, I take Excedrine Migraine and it works amazingly well, it's only available in the States, so I hope you get there. Essentially, it is Tylenol+aspirin+caffeine so you could try taking the above with a coffee or coke.

Also, lavender might help.
    My friend is taking me out for lunch. Got to run.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just curious if everyone is finished wrapping all their gifts yet? I thought I was done and then I watched this " instructional " video. ha ha ha

Today feels as if it's over already. Very early start to get DD to work for 7 a.m. and it went downhill from there.
    Just nonsense shopping at a few separate stores, but racked up some awesome AM from Metro for very little OOP spend.
    o.k. I'll spill! I spent $12.81 OOP earned 76 total AM!!
    Redeemed the 95 to earn 50 AM, then a digital offer of spend $20.00 get 10 AM, then 4 other digital offers
    1 tray cat food @.99 ( 3 AM ), Irresistible brand black beans @$1.29 ( 6 AM ), Unico tom. paste @.79 ( 3 AM ) and 1( yeah ONE, lol ) fresh carrot @.70 ( 3 AM)

Good news is I bought 2 gorgeous Butterball birds from Sobeys and was actually able to squeeze one into the freezer for a later date, the first one will do a slow thaw in the small fridge. I decided to get all the side veggies today as well ( squashes, sweet spuds, green beans, small round eggplants, bok choy, bell peppers ) oh and bought a container of these crazy small baby cucumbers! They are the size of gherkins... just wash and eat. Mmmm.
    While the rest of the gang will be enjoying the carb heavy foods on the 25th drowned in gravy, I'll be reaching for those veggie sides and the meat!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Dec 20th, 2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: fixed error in AM
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oiy, Nat! Good luck with that bed!
    Flemeth -when I have a migraine, I take Excedrine Migraine and it works amazingly well, it's only available in the States, so I hope you get there. Essentially, it is Tylenol+aspirin+caffeine so you could try taking the above with a coffee or coke.

Also, lavender might help.
    My friend is taking me out for lunch. Got to run.
    @avoncallingu I don't get migraine both my DDS do so we always bring it back the Excedrine migraine. I took some today and I got some relief. I guess I might be getting the flu
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 you are correct NY is out. I am like a little child if I am sick I like the comfort of my own bed. I wouldn't want to be in a car fir a long time if I am not well. I don't get migraines I thing I am getting the flu because today sometime s I am hot and then cold. Just hoping it goes away before Christmas day
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka I am glad to hear that you will be getting you new bed good luck with it

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@flemeth, so sorry you are still unwell.

Sending you some virtual chicken soup and a
    Hoping you are better soon!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Lynn49 you are correct NY is out. I am like a little child if I am sick I like the comfort of my own bed. I wouldn't want to be in a car fir a long time if I am not well. I don't get migraines I thing I am getting the flu because today sometime s I am hot and then cold. Just hoping it goes away before Christmas day
    Aw, @flemeth , so sorry NYC is out for you (I'm so sad about that!!!) but I guess if you're going to get the flu, better now than 4 days from now; hope you're back to health for Christmas.
    @Natalka , jeepers, I hope you can get arranged so that the new mattress can be in place...!! I'm hoping for a really good sleep for you this evening. The wheelchair I have here fits through the doorways here...it's a squeeze, but it gets through. There are apt or travel size ones that will probably do the trick for you...perhaps look into that? I sure hope you find one...even that much mobility is a blessing!!

Had a lovely lunch with GF, but I think that a restaurant should put "spicy fries" on the menu instead of "fries". I couldn't finish them....I wish I had kept my bill, I'd have emailed customer service with that suggestion. Maybe I will anyway. But it was fun!

Have a lovely evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , THIS is more like what our DD experiences with their cat which, btw, looks like "Toothless" in the movie How To Train Your Dragon series! The dat's Daddy of course, does not encounter this problem.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks you @Natalka and @Lynn49

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ oh no!!! @Lynn49 my baby Hamlet does that same sort of thing to both my guys here!

When it is time for them to put on their socks ( every day before work ) he takes it as a personal invite to attack their feet!
    The problem is my DH instigates and teases Hamlet relentlessly at other times in the day and uses phrases like " you wanna fight? " over and over, grabbing his tail and fake hitting his paws till he strikes back.

What a JERK! ha ha
    But it is his hands that get scratched so??
    I otoh NEVER let Hamlet get away with such violent claw-like behaviour when he lays with me, which imho is why he does NOT do that to me.
    Let cats know how you want to be treated...how tough is that?
    It is all about the love and purring and cuddling when he is with me....why would I want it any other way?
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Dec 20th, 2018 at 04:45 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Back from lunch with my friend. Still no Dec. pension cheque from the US. Sigh!

Choir practice tonight.

Said I would pick my BrotherR up at 6:15. A few precious minutes to relax before on the run again.

Hope your evenings are relaxing and fun filled!

Thread Information