User Tag List

Page 766 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 266 666 716 756 764 765 766 767 768 776 816 866 1266 1766 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,490 of 29298
Like Tree118404Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

was the purpose of your post to get me crying as well @Natalka ?? If so Mission Accomplished!
    It is incredibly refreshing to have a young guy share his tender emotional feelings out loud with you and also to actually recognize and thank you for being the Mom he needed.
    Oh darn it all....sniff , sniff

Later guys I gotta watch the tribute to Tavares!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @Lynn49 - I know I was pushing things with the chicken one. Some people will be grossed out by it and find it tasteless, but I thought it was hilarious

And regarding your Google Home - THEY now know everything about you!
    @GoJays

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, kool_105, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I heard you Lynn, and came running!

I was on SC quickly, thought I stopped in here!

Things for me are the same. I will be able to judge better tomorrow - all my bed clothes have come apart, so I need to be off the bed for them to be fixed. Milan will come over tomorrow aft, and we will do the scooch off the bed on to a chair thing that worked last week. The new bed is lower, so it might be harder to get on to the chair seat - but as my son reminded me, he can help by giving me a lift.

Husband just left to pick up groceries at superstore - I do click and collect. It's nice I get to choose things, however there are usually a dozen items not in stock when they make up the order. Usually it's nothing important, but this time I am a little miffed at not getting pork tenderloins at a great price.

So, a sweet moment to share with you.
    After supper yesterday, husband was napping so Milan and I were talking.
    At one point he got rather serious and said at work that morning he got a song in his head. Not unusual to get an earworm, but he said he got really emotional and was glad he was working in a corner of the shop, away from the other guys.

I asked so like bad emotional, angry, happy, what? He was not looking at me and said it was Old Toy Trains, and he started welling up with tears.
    He said it was overwhelmingly happy, remembering how when he was a little boy I would read to him every night and sing. Around Christmas I would sing Old Toy Trains because it's a sweet song, and has the line Little boy, don't you think it's time you were in bed?

So my big manly son turns to me, with tears in his big beautiful brown eyes, and he thanked me, simply as that - for loving him, for making him realize he was special, and for all the time I spent with him doing anything and everything.

Well of course I started weeping, and told him how proud I am of the man he has become, and to never be embarrassed by having such a big and open heart.
    Then he said - lightening things up in his way - well it's all your fault, he remembered me saying that having him was having my heart out walking around on two legs.

There was more to this, but you get the gist.
    I am truly blessed to have this child!

Oh @Natalka I was in tears after reading your post Milan is a great son you did great by him.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I heard you Lynn, and came running!

I was on SC quickly, thought I stopped in here!

Things for me are the same. I will be able to judge better tomorrow - all my bed clothes have come apart, so I need to be off the bed for them to be fixed. Milan will come over tomorrow aft, and we will do the scooch off the bed on to a chair thing that worked last week. The new bed is lower, so it might be harder to get on to the chair seat - but as my son reminded me, he can help by giving me a lift.

Husband just left to pick up groceries at superstore - I do click and collect. It's nice I get to choose things, however there are usually a dozen items not in stock when they make up the order. Usually it's nothing important, but this time I am a little miffed at not getting pork tenderloins at a great price.

So, a sweet moment to share with you.
    After supper yesterday, husband was napping so Milan and I were talking.
    At one point he got rather serious and said at work that morning he got a song in his head. Not unusual to get an earworm, but he said he got really emotional and was glad he was working in a corner of the shop, away from the other guys.

I asked so like bad emotional, angry, happy, what? He was not looking at me and said it was Old Toy Trains, and he started welling up with tears.
    He said it was overwhelmingly happy, remembering how when he was a little boy I would read to him every night and sing. Around Christmas I would sing Old Toy Trains because it's a sweet song, and has the line Little boy, don't you think it's time you were in bed?

So my big manly son turns to me, with tears in his big beautiful brown eyes, and he thanked me, simply as that - for loving him, for making him realize he was special, and for all the time I spent with him doing anything and everything.

Well of course I started weeping, and told him how proud I am of the man he has become, and to never be embarrassed by having such a big and open heart.
    Then he said - lightening things up in his way - well it's all your fault, he remembered me saying that having him was having my heart out walking around on two legs.

There was more to this, but you get the gist.
    I am truly blessed to have this child!

Oh @Natalka I was in tears after reading your post Milan is a great son you did great by him.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, I didn't intend to do that, and I didn't even retell a fraction of what he told me.

He has often said how he is so happy we are his parents and that we raised him old fashioned style, but still with fun and freedom.
    He has especially commented many times since he was a late teen, on how much he appreciated me being a stay at home mom.

He doesn't understand why other guys don't like spending time with their parents, he truly doesn't.

We always, always have let him know how precious his gift of time is to us - let alone this past year when he has had to go above and beyond.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

It's bonechilling cold here, and my wonderful husband has gone to pick us up a late supper.

Nighty-night!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  .facebook_1546097642756.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  32.1 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugly purse pants!🙄and they're usually pleated for heaven's sake, to add insult to injury!

How sweet of Milan to open himself up to you like that...you raised a wonderful, caring young man. It's such a blessing to have grown children who have come to appreciate everything we did for and with them...I think all the Moms on this thread are blessed in that way. I have a friend who doesn't speak to her two grown daughters, nor them to her. It breaks my heart.

Sweet dreams, Ladies!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, JadeAngel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays .
    Since I have been under the weather for so long we decided that we will be staying home this Holiday season.
    I am feeling much better today so will try to bake a few goodies for us today . Still have lots of cake and cookies but know one is munching on those I guess the had enough
    Also planning to make some salty snacks for tomorrow. @Natalka I can relate to u being a stay at home mom my self. Couldn’t bring myself to let someone else take care on my first born. Both my DDs used to love it that the can bring all there friend at lunch time at home especially if there was a sporting event happening on the TV. I am sure you are proud of Milan and that he can open up to you even though he is an adult lots of grown up don’t even know how to begin.
    I agree @Lynn49 when she said all us mothers in here are blessed.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

That’s my DH kind of pants . He is a smoker and can carry his cigarettes, lighter, wallet and if he is working a few tools too. I hate them but he thinks it’s practical
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I think guys just need to suck it up and carry murses.

Good morning, Happy Sunday!

Late start on here for me. I have been awake for hours, but husband slept in and the tablet was charging in the kitchen so I have just been listening to radio.

Really cold here, tonight will be bizarrely cold, then we are supposed to warm up during the week.

Enjoy the day!

Thread Information