User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent some time with our kids this morning while DH slept in. He delt with any kids who got up late last night. Ds and I played a game of snakes and ladders before breakfast. Then we all ate once the twins got up, at the end of our game. Ds used a dry erase board to practice some spelling words and later practiced some math questions with Dh.

We did a bit of shopping as a family this morning. Our local Salvation Army had a two day sale. Adult clothing buy 1 get 2 free. We bought 1 shirt for Dh and 2 shirts for me for a total of $4. Then we headed over to Sobeys to buy some basics. Used $8.67 in coupons, $30 in AM, and paid the remaining $7 with a gift card from the fall promotion. Also picked up a prescription and earned bonus AM on the purchase. While at Sobeys, each of our children also received a free piece of fruit (apple, orange, banana) and a chocolate chip cookie from the bakery.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 16th, 2019 at 09:19 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good afternoon! Productive day. Enjoyed early morning coffee and chatted. Kitchen is clean. Laundry on the go one bathroom cleaned.
    DS has a local hockey game this evening.
    Going to go out soon. Need a birthday balloon for DS and may hit shoppers.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Morning all,
    @Ciel I hope you have something special planned for your upcoming birthday!

Snowy day here, I'm thinking leftovers for supper.

Eldest is home again today (day 2) with the flu, he needs to call the dentist as he's scheduled for his wisdom teeth extraction on Tuesday during reading week (college break), they said to notify if he has a cold.

Dh is off to Costco tonight to fill out propane tanks.

No plans for the weekend just the way I like it, I guess I'm a hermit (haha).

I'll check in later, have a great day everyone!
    So far June birthday plans include best friend, a warm day in June, and rose gold colour (not sure where but it'll be there) plus dessert of some kind (and maybe a cake-not sure which flavour). This year's January birthday-we had a snowstorm move in on Jan. 28 and I could not renew my health card. Tired of winter windchill since 2013, thus my warm birthday plan for 2019!

Hope your son had a liquid Tylenol with codeine script or other pain prescription to deal with post extraction pain, which kicks in about 1.5-2h afterwards. Ice cubes in a bag inside a facecloth were too cold for me!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thursday night baking-beer cake and a double batch of banana oatmeal chip cookies, followed by lots of tea. I ate some of the baking for breakfast yesterday too.

Yesterday, I found success in buying one pair of men's briefs! $6 pair at Joe Fresh (trunks were $8 pr)-I had to look past the S size ones to see the other sizes on the hanger. The one last thing that needed to be done and the price point was basically what I wanted to spend-hallelujah!
    Other stores were asking $14.99 or more per pair (the Gap or 2 pk at West 49 section of Urban Behaviour store or 3pk at H&M men). HBC sells 2pk or 3pk of underwear.
    Charity clothing pickup must have happened in pm due to icy conditions. I managed to toss together a second recycling bag of items prior to 8am to add to the first bag.
    Found 50 cents via 2 abandoned grocery carts near Food Basics-happy! Also picked up a copy of Vitality magazine at the mall's health food store and joyfully checked out the display rose gold tea kettle at Home Outfitters-the lid had some odd design to it but overall unit is lightweight. HO also has some cotton flannel ladies pjs marked down to $16.96 (medium and large sizes in holiday motifs) in the main aisle as you enter store. The store has moved bedding from the first three "bedding" alcoves on the right-they are now toy and baby merchandise areas. Fun to look around at different departments.

Also took a look at clothing clearance racks at the Bay.

Today a trek to Value Village to spot some black tops-$9.99 large size cashmere crew neck sweater, a $8.99 zip up black silk blend cardigan and a $7.99 MEC organic cotton blend top-screamed SCORE to me. Also got a few thing at Longo's since it was nearby. $1 in can refunds too!

Weekend-no treks to libraries, as I have used up two extra bus fares. Plan to discuss more things with Mom in terms of planning things now regarding Dad so she won't have to make decisions on the fly when he passes. Hopefully sibling will be involved but he has his own plans for tomorrow and annoyingly is not available. I'll tell him to get his apparel drycleaned so he won't get Mom stuck with laundry at a difficult time. And to make a pallbearer list.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Am hoping for more ice and snow melt. I windmilled a lot on city sidewalks yesterday.

Have the best long weekend, everyone! Hot cocoa and tea time!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I was working out of town yesterday so I carpooled with Mom. After work we stopped by No Frills to pick up "a few things." We went in for Almond Milk and Mushrooms but after a trip through the produce section we came home with:
    3 x Button Mushroom $1 each plus 100 PC PTS/Pack
    1 x Cremini Mushrooms $1 plus 100 PC PTS
    5 x Gala Apples $1/lb Plus 100 PC PTS/$
    4 x Banana $0.57/lb plus 100 PC PTS/$
    2 x Cherry Tomatoes $1 each
    4 x Oranges $1/lb
    1 x 5 pack Avocado $3
    3 x Limes $0.33/each
    1 x 3lb Lemons $2.97
    2 x Blackberries $1
    4 x Rome Tomatoes $1/lb
    4 x Pears $1/lb
    1 x Tortillas $2.49
    2 x Simply Orange Juice $1
    1 x Almond Milk $2.97
    1 x PC Cheesecake
    Plus I got 4000 PC PTS for spending $40 at No Frills, which is why I paid for the cheesecake. Mom wanted it and was going to pay for it since she wanted it but I was $3 short of reaching $40 so I added the cheesecake to my order. She paid for the Mushrooms & Apples as those were offers.

I am happy with our shop, we really only needed fresh fruit and veg this week. Although on Wednesday I may need to pick up Yogurt and Milk. As well I will look at the other flyers (Only looked at No Frills so far) and see if anyone has any fruit or veg for the following week. We seem pretty well stocked up on meat and think we can get through the rest of February without buying meat unless I find an amazing deal or a good sale.

Only other items we might need is bread, Mom thinks she might be out but I will go check the freezer and see if I can find a loaf, as well I am getting low on my bread. I will take a closer look at the stockpile room tomorrow but I think we are stocked up on most of our staples. If this is the case I think my plan for the rest of month will be just to stock up on fresh Fruit, Veg, Yogurt and Milk and limit other purchases to see if I can build up a bit of a surplus in our grocery budget.

I do realize that I have now probably totally jinxed myself and now other items will go on sale that I decide to stock up on but we will see how things go. Since Mom's schedule has changed we do not really get a chance to do a large weekly grocery shop which means I am really only buying what is on sale at No Frills and what I can easily Price Match at No Frills.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Feb 16th, 2019 at 06:27 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I now understand why everyone loves the SDM milk offer. I have had it 6 weeks in a row and several weeks ago decided to give it a try. Now I hope I get it every week. For the 1st time in ages I was able to take advantage of the 20xs event. I spent 78.00 and earned 25540 PCO and it was all stuff we needed. Imagine I was down to my last body wash!!!
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lilo0003 the SDM milk offer is 1 of my favourite offer and it’s even better when combine with 20x like today or a snack offer

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Ciel , it sounds as though your father's journey here on earth is almost done. Sending my blessings and strength to all who love him. Grieving is a very personal and perplexing journey. Be kind to yourself along the way.

I decided to treat myself tonight and order a pizza. I can't remember the last time that I did that. Chicken and feta cheese, tomatoes and spinach. Boy was it good!

I checked out all the clearance racks at Canadian Tire today as I can take the doggie in there. We had to vacate while my landlady showed the apartment. I found a cute little unicorn-solar powered bobble headed thing that I will send off to my grand-daughter when I send their Valentine package on Tuesday in the US.

Washed all the bedding and remade the pull-out bed which we are sleeping on until we move.
    Sometimes it's more comfortable than others.

Well, it's church tomorrow but no early choir practice.

Wishing you all the best for the rest of your weekend!

Good night!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I’m saddened to read that your father is likely in his final days on this earth. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. One of the things about this group, we are all at various stages in our lives but we still try to support each other along the way.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -we had a lovely day at my daughter's watching sebastian he loves to play with dinosaurs ,my son-in-law bought a pizza for us for lunch -wish we could of went out but too cold ,we got home at 5.30 and I was too tired to go to shoppers so I missed and know what I really don't care -I use too care about the extra points but I realize I have to watch our money as we make less now

So proud of myself I am almost done easter shopping for the grandkids -just ordered 3 dinosaur figurines from indigo for Sebastian I used a code to save 15% and used my 5.00 plum rewards as they topped it up ,hey all these little amounts add up

May pop out to take my daughter;s clothing to style encore today ,then pop into metro for a few personal air miles deals

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    I was reading back to a few post and @Ciel I am saddened and sorry to read that your dad is probably in his final on this planet. You and you loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending u (((HUGS)))

Today I will keep doing the laundry and tidy up the family room. All my dishes are put away. Did groceries yesterday at RCSS got lots of fruits, vegetables,Vitamins,Milk. My dog treat,Bread, tea, chips, salsa and some other essentials for the pantry My total was $110.09- 7.00 in (coupons)= $103.90-$100.00. (PCO Points) OOP $3.90. Also received 4800 in Points. Was very happy with my shop
    Have a great day all.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ceil so sorry to hear about your Dad's declining health, I know how hard it can be to watch.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl I get what you are saying about Shopper's although for me it is all stores. I used to be all about making sure we got the deals and making sure if it was on my list we got it. Now as long as we have the essentials in the house I try not to worry. Not to mention I know sometimes I do go overboard like when we cannot fit everything in the fridge cause my shop was too big.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Ciel, you are such a sweet woman. I wish you and your family only the best. God bless.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information