User Tag List

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

shwa girl -my brother has a long road to recovery ,they are trying to build him up with physio as he is still too weak to walk .It will be 2 months in the hospital on may 24 /19 I am hoping to visit him next week when I am not on these meds and going to the toilet frequently

hubby and I walked to the library this morning 15 minutes there 15 minutes back so a nice beautifull day to enjoy -I found a empty beer bottle in the library parking lot and brought it home

Washed my rugs -and they are hanging over my railing -did a bit of hoeing and weeding this morning around my front garden
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok productive lunch hour!

Went to SDM. Bought 9 x John Frieda shampoo/conditioner and 2 x 1L cream. Total before coupons etc $86.26. Total after coupons $59.26. PC PT received 54,640! And work owes me $5 for the cream!
    This is/was an amazing deal. I almost wish I had daughter in laws to buy Christmas presents for lol. The JF shampoo is on for $7.99. Buy 3 receive 10,000 pts. I had spend $75+ receive 22500 pts. Plus pts on the cream. And the $3 coupons made the deal. Wish I had more Glad I grabbed them when I did.

Then I popped into RCSS because the stayfree $2 coupons expire at the end of the month and they are on for $2.97. They had huge jugs of laundry detergent (150 load) on a skid at the entrance for $4.94. So I grabbed 6. (We are out. I just bought some on weekend and on the hunt for a deal) I hate paying for it too so decided I would redeem points.
    So spent $40.38 on 6 x laundry detergent, 4 pads and 1 crave frozen dinner. (pm'd the dinner to GT for $2.97 and had personal offer for 1500 pc pts)
    So spent .38 after points redeemed and received 1500 pts.

Then gassed up and received my reg 4% points plus 2000 bonus for the 2nd fill up on personal promo.

Was a good day and now I can check a few items off my stock up list!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I noticed a couple of Stayfree pad products are on the clearance shelf at my local Shoppers. I looked over at the nearby feminine hygiene section and aside from one small package, the brand does not seem to be stocked anymore. Will see if the mall Shoppers has the same situation. Anyway, I want to print a few photos too.

Since searching online for any HBC Core Life shirts in black seem to come up with only online shipping options, I'll venture to the mall store and see if I can find them on the rack. My attention is keen to snag a ribbed tank top at $9.99 (cotton). The mall store does not have black Jockey for Her tank tops and Mom would like some. Otherwise, I'll get a black tank top at Joe Fresh and call it a day.

Sunshine has been glorious but the sky is showing signs of rain clouds. Will use my last bus fare to get the mall quest underway and me home on the same transfer.

Dinner tonight will likely be pasta served with the Classico Alfredo/garlic sauce bought this week. As for dessert-will see if there's a deal!

Mid week yahoo!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My friend gave me a caramel chocolate covered apple as a Mother's Day gift.

Was at Costco, but arrived too early as only one person was doing food samples. They had cheap plastic made in China shoes priced between $40-$90 very disappointed as I wanted real leather slides for casual wear. Did stock up on allergy medication $13.97 for 126 tablets of generic Claritin. As well organic feta cheese, tomatoes, raspberries, etc. Spent just under $80.

Went to McDonald's on the way home and picked up a medium iced coffee for $1 plus tax 🙂

Next week is the bonus 10,000 pts for seniors on Thursday if you spend $50 or more, getting my list ready for next week.

Had terrible customer service at Esso, so going back to collecting petro points at Petro Canada.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    My friend gave me a caramel chocolate covered apple as a Mother's Day gift.

Was at Costco, but arrived too early as only one person was doing food samples. They had cheap plastic made in China shoes priced between $40-$90 very disappointed as I wanted real leather slides for casual wear. Did stock up on allergy medication $13.97 for 126 tablets of generic Claritin. As well organic feta cheese, tomatoes, raspberries, etc. Spent just under $80.

Went to McDonald's on the way home and picked up a medium iced coffee for $1 plus tax 🙂

Next week is the bonus 10,000 pts for seniors on Thursday if you spend $50 or more, getting my list ready for next week.

Had terrible customer service at Esso, so going back to collecting petro points at Petro Canada.
    My 2 cents worth on the terrible customer service at Esso, let head office know. They may compensate you with PC Optimum points.

Happened to me at a local version of a large chain. Head office is sending me an apology and a 'gift'.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

frugal garden post:
    Loblaws 4 inch pot plants, $4.00: half dead and the garden center staff was not in a good mood
    Canadian Tire 4 inch pop plants, $2.99: full and lush and the senior garden center staff had 3 students with them, so plenty of people to ask for help.
    Hmmm. Where would you go for your plants?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The teens flew to Ontario last night so it is pretty quiet after 2 weeks of non stop busyness. DD is looking after my Mum for a few days and then, touring the East Coast with family friends and starting her job out in Ontario. We are headed to cottage country for the July long weekend to see her. DH and I have rented a trailer for this weekend and heading out for 3 days-luckily we are headed south where the weather should be a bit better than here.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Have a wonderful time in cottage country, Lizzie. Tonight, I make out my grocery lists for shopping on Saturday...in between yard sales, of course.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lime Ridge Mall's Shoppers Drug Mart too seems to no longer stock Stayfree products. Wonder if it's a decision by HQ or is the brand discontinued? Will see if Fortinos still has it on shelves.

Then, being thirsty, I walked past the cold pop. Hmm, Pepsi Stuff banners are on the regular Pepsi bottles and the store has a 2 for $3 special until tomorrow. Bought two. Will now actively seek bottle caps as contest starts on Monday!

Another garden centre hours alert for Victoria Day: Longo's new flyer states that its garden centres will be open 8am-6pm. Not sure if there will be more than one staffer on duty, based on what I recall from past two years at my local store.
    The Longo's flyer has also introduced member pricing for customers holding Thank You Rewards cards (you can get one free in-store) on selected items, plus there are several TYR pts offers showing (if you buy selected Longo's tote or thermal bags, you can get a bonus of 25 to 100 TYR pts).
    Giseledta, wendymac and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally relaxing! I made toasted westerns for dinner. Have a container ready for more for Sat breakfast and another sliced for sandwiches and a dinner.
    Kitchen is clean. Fridge cleaned out. Clean laundry put away with one load on the go and in dryer now. Special stuff hung up to dry.
    All my shopping deals put away. Organized a shelf with supplies ( body wash shaving cream etc)
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to find the Core Life tank tops (got three) and cotton tees. Add a reusable HBC bag to help use up entire gift card and only had to add a quarter to settle the purchase. Got home, showed Mom the purchases---despite printing that each garment is 100% cotton, she tells me after testing the crosswise stretch on two items that they contain elastane. I huff and puff then put items away, as I refuse to return the lot. Meanwhile, I have now some hot day tops should I need to change more than once during a heatwave (like this Sunday/Monday).

There was a downpour on my bus ride home a few minutes after the bus left the mall (short storm). Then when I got off the bus, thought another rainfall was imminent but it did not happen.

Had the pasta dinner-yum! Rebuffed another argument from Mom (we had it last week and I wanted to eat in peace) so she figured out the answer afterwards in 10 minutes.

Longo's has the summer issue of its magazine available (per flyer). Also saw mention of the store brand's ghost pepper peach bbq sauce--another item to add to my pantry (love the sauce over cooked rice).

If there are Pepsi merchandise fans who want logo items, Forever21 has a line of Pepsi clothing in its stores.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

well.. yesterday afternoon took a turn for the expensive. ....

33 my middle took the dogs out.. i went to the bus stop.. could see my back yard and thought.. gee really.. take them out for longer then 3 min... sigh... got 1 child off bus.. head home... back in like 3 min...
    ok ... open door.....
    stench of skunk ... hurried kids out.. youngest helped with kids fed them snack ...
    middle grabed hydrogyn peroxide .... i made magic skink be gone mix....

sigh... not a bad spray ... but... shower curtain wehre they touched needs replacing.. and a mop head... and prob dog bed.. 4 soakings later... dogs are better... and i am tired. hubby grabbed pizza. total cleaning ... everywhere 2 dogs touched took 3.5 hours..... not bad big picture wise. but still.... sigh

ok. today. work o on laundry.. not caring about time of use. the dogs had jumped on my bed. before cleaning. so all my beding is currently on the side deck yep. just left it there. i am heavey duty washing everything.. and line drying... it seems to be working so far.

supper is prepped. daycare rooms need cleaning, as i did not do that last night.

figured out we are going to no f rills for groceries. need to make my list.
    playing the hauler game. up to 2000 pc points. hpe it keep s going my klist for no frills is not long
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! The long weekend is peeking its head!!

I made DS a wonderful "healthy" lunch as he wanted. I even washed up all the dirty dishes to make it (cheese grater, knifes, cutting board etc) so a clean kitchen to come home to.

Dinner tonight is being creative using up the leftovers. Quesidias for sure since I have ham and chicken to use up and 1.5 packages of wraps. And an unopened sour cream that expired yesterday but should be fine for tonight.

I need to dig out my summer capris. I put on a pair that my sister gave me at the end of the season last year. They will be good for work (black/dressy/simple). Tonight I will play in my closet and try and toss the crap. I have moved some crappy tank tops to my pj/cleaning drawer lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    frugal garden post:
    Loblaws 4 inch pot plants, $4.00: half dead and the garden center staff was not in a good mood
    Canadian Tire 4 inch pop plants, $2.99: full and lush and the senior garden center staff had 3 students with them, so plenty of people to ask for help.
    Hmmm. Where would you go for your plants?
    I buy my geraniums every year at Canadian tire as they are very hardy and always have great customer service.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

shwa girl -last year i went to canadian tire also ,they have good prices also and very hardy is right

hubby had to cut the water gun off hose so not too frugal(as someone tightened way too tight -not me) ,I think I may look into Dollarama for a new water gun

Off to son's this afternoon to meet Ashlyn at bus and say goodbye to son /his family as they are off on Friday to myrtle beach with another couple

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information