User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, @cath007, those $10 bags of food items make shopping easier if one wants to buy the store-made bags to donate to the food bank. I have purchased ones at Fortinos, Sobeys and Longos (their bags are $10.99 but have a slightly different product mix from other store bags) in the past.

Sorry to read about your foot problem-that's very uncomfortable and inconvenient. Are you certain the pain is not caused by the boots (plastic insert or seam or toe-box shape pressing against toes or foot)? That is why I don't often wear boots for winter-cannot walk far in them without pain. Can walk farther in running shoes but mesh ones are kind of cold for this time of year (I'll probably get another pair of the fake leather ones that split seams every month because they are warmer) as my toes inform me (so I have to make sure to wear wool-blend socks).

I will type the Immune-boosting Applesauce recipe in the Dips,Sauces,Marinades thread of the Food subforum. Might help anyone with a lot of apples to use up!
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/7015593-post44.html
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Nov 9th, 2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: recipe title corrected
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I so hope to find candy cane ice cream this year ..my favorite!!!! I am in the mood of listening some christmas movies hahahah my friend put her christmas lights this week end hahah (great before the cold)
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me I am surprised you did not make the facepalm gesture each time a healthcare provider did not address you by the correct name (do send each person a letter and cc: their relevant regulatory body). Be quick to remind each doctor that you are three years sober and perhaps they need to listen and acknowledge what you are saying. I have to ask if any of your healthcare providers are aware of your cannabis use-it is possible to experience psychosis via that substance--because it seems each person you have to see as part of your care team is quick to point fingers and not work (nor listen to) with you to find the optimal pain/support/medical care levels to help you deal with your present needs. Is there a care practitioner familiar with cannabis medication and interactions with prescription medications that could help you figure out if a drug interaction with cannabis is causing the psychosis? Bonus points if the care practitioner also knows your need for long periods of rest, since you have long documented the interruptions to sleep by other residents or persons in the building. Maybe your area/province has an organization that advocates for cannabis use for medication and has practitioner contacts you can reach?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I volunteered to open the Family Centre from 9:30-11:30 this morning. We are having the winter tires put on both of our vehicles this morning too. Ds has a birthday party to attend this afternoon. He picked out two items from my SCOPed gift collection and we wrapped it with free rapping paper. It’s currently +1 and it’s been raining for a while.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Received an email offer from Westjet to apply for their credit card for a $350 WJ credit-it is normally just $250 so went ahead. I will pay the first year annual fee of $119 but I still will come out ahead by $231 in my travel budget-plus free checked bags and a free companion ticket so I am a happy camper-except for the snowfall warning!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I checked in my school calendar and next week we have a day off friday so yes !!!! But i wll work in my books this day.Now maybe I want a crock pot for Christmas it seems to be so handy ....can do my pork tenderlion in crock pot lol I will think about this
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cath, I have 3 slow cookers and they are great but it does really depend on what you are looking to make. They are great for soups and stews and items with sauces but you do have to have liquid. Most people I know who do not like slow cookers do not like them for that reason.

Another option would be an Instant Pot which I think all models but check to be sure come with the Slow Cooker Feature. Personally I love my Instant Pot, it is pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker and mine has the yogurt setting as well all in one. Especially if you have limited space this one is nice as it has so many features.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I got razed yesterday for all my winter jackets/coats. I have the above 10 degree jacket, the between 5-10 degree windy jacket. The zero to 5 degree coat, -10 to zero coat and lastly the super cold parka. Can you tell I live near a lake in Canada? Lol.

Very sore today and have started an online pick up order @fortinos, problem is I don't know when I will feel better to drive to pick up. Unless I drive to the store and use a motorized cart. Hmmmm. I was surprised about the $3-$5 surcharge. Does that get waived when you join the PC insiders program?

I'm on the fence about joining the pc insiders program. I do have a 25,000 points promo if I join. Help anyone, is that a good promotion for joining?
    i have pc insiders. i sm still on the fence about it . i did get for half off... so tht worked out well. not sure if i will renew... still thinking. the travel credit irrated me as you need to stay at least 3 days... and i just dont use that. i also dont do grocery pick up. i do eat a insane amount of organics. andi use the baby stuff not as frequetly as some. but it has come in very handy.
    i think i have a refferal code. message me if you wish.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. got up early.
    went to rcss.
    price matched a few things.. saved over 30.00 it was meat. lol . 17 000 pc points for me. and the promo as i spent ocer 225. lol

came home... made...
    3 meatloafs . 5 pkgs marinated chicken breasts, 4 pkgs of marinated pork chops. . 3 trays manicotti , and 3 trays chicken enchladas.

the freezer is full and happy.
    i might do up some cookie dough logs next week to have on hand... hmm
    maybe some muffin batter as well.

i forgot how much i enjoy filling the freezer with meals.

kitchen is clean and so is the fridge. i need to do laundry. but taking a break first
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made a nice breakfast and chatted over coffee. Nice to have a relaxing morning together. We have date night tonight with my sister and BIL. I finally emptied the last suitcase. Put away all the clean laundry. Have a load of towels in washer now. Cleaned the kitchen. Leaving for DS'S hockey game at our arena which is nice.
    Terrible referees last night! We won game but they didnt count 2 of our goals pretending not to see them it seemed! They both were in net and seen by many. Glad our boys worked hard to make sure they won didnt lose because of unfit refs.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Upcoming at VV

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Cath, I have 3 slow cookers and they are great but it does really depend on what you are looking to make. They are great for soups and stews and items with sauces but you do have to have liquid. Most people I know who do not like slow cookers do not like them for that reason.

Another option would be an Instant Pot which I think all models but check to be sure come with the Slow Cooker Feature. Personally I love my Instant Pot, it is pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker and mine has the yogurt setting as well all in one. Especially if you have limited space this one is nice as it has so many features.

Thanks for all the infos!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!! Tomorrow I have to get some grocery at iga but still dont know what i want need,...hum...sure rye bread for breakfest and chicken stuffed rolls for quick lunchs at school.Was shocked yesterday to paid 5,99$ for a 3 packages of lettuce romaine heart same as the price of 1 package normal one...did not see some pm I could do with this .. Dinner menu this week as I know....beef fondue,bbq back rib st-hubert,st-hubert quiche,spaghetti,salmon with pastas, chicken mushroom pastry pie,salmon and shrimps pastry pie and I need to find more ideas...I had written a list of the compagnies I need to do praise for coupons..will do it on my spare time
    supper tonight ceasar chicken salad
    was shocked to talk to a friend on fb and see how in bad shape mentally and physically is....not fun...but it is his life not mine if he make bad choices....

ok have a good evening and night

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Well today did not go as planned (I feel like this is becoming a pattern in my life lately). On Thursday night I tried to update the apps on my tablet and it keep re starting itself. I did not have the time or patient to deal with it yesterday so I tried to this morning and no matter what it did, I could not stop it from re starting. I did an online chat with Samsung who sent me to a place in the mall. Wow what a Gong Show that became. I have dealt with this place before and last time they were wonderful, not so much this time. First off they would not run the diagnostic well I waited, then when I got home I got a call and he listed all the things that were wrong but the good news was it was under warranty but he would not fix without proof of purchase, well when I dropped it off I told him it was a gift from my dad and I could not get proof of purchase as Dad is out of the country. Then he tried to tell me without proof of purchase he would not even return it to me. So I spent over 2 hours on the phone with him and Costco, finally when I got mad he told me call Samsung and to come pick up my tablet. Samsung has confirmed it under warranty (it better be I just got it in March) and I can send it to them they will repair and return within 5 business days. I was literally losing it this afternoon on the phone between this place and Costco who kept hanging up on me. Samsung will be looking into this repair place as they think he was demanding proof of purchase so we would get the work as Sumsung is sending it to another place to be fixed and knowing I got it from Costco my other option was Costco Concierge service and again he would lose the work. So they think he was trying to get reimbursement. In the end I was so flustered I got Mom to go pick it up for me and he gave her a hard time about him not doing the work and tried to refuse to return my tablet. I now have my tablet back and will send to Samsung on Monday.

Since I was at the mall I decided to do some shopping, I picked up some Christmas gifts for Mom. I got her 3 shirts and a purse, I will have her look at them and try them on tomorrow and if she does not like I will return next week. I was impressed the purse was on sale and I got an additional 30% off and I got all 3 tops for just under $40 as it was buy 1 get 2 free. Did not find anything for anyone else.

Also on my way home I stopped and grocery shopped my way home. I went to Zehrs to get Potatoes and Peameal Bacon. Then I get to Food Basics and got Grapes, Broccoli, Mushrooms and Ginger Ale. All and All I spent $30.

When I got home after all the time on the phone I was stressed so I started cooking. I probably need a 12 step program when it comes to chopping and stirring but it relaxes me. So I made Brocolli Cheddar Soup and Lasagna Soup. Then for dinner to clean up the Fridge I made Egg Roll Stir fry over Rice to use up Rice and Napa we had in the fridge. Bonus tons of chopping. Then to use up some Apples I made Nanny Special Apple Pie, which again do not get the name it is not a Pie but it is oh so good.

Now I am working on my Niece's Blanket for Christmas. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all @SassyAshley what an ordeal you had to go through . (((Hugs))) . I would have been really upset with all involve.

Did my major groceries yesterday so that’s out of the way.
    Now I am thinking to go make a pumpkin spice cake
    Fingers cross it comes out well it’s a first time here

Enjoy your Sunday all
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information