User Tag List

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Sorry I posted quickly last night and realized once I shut down I forgot a few things. I am going to be honest, this is my life right now, I am so scattered and totally lack focus, it is horrible. I can be working on something or thinking of one thing and all of a sudden I just skip to something else and get totally confused but it is all within my own head, fun times. I have literally found myself being like what the?!?!?!?! as it is like I took a fork in the road but didn't see the fork.

To everyone who is under the weather hope you feel better soon.

Mom goes back to work today, I have mixed emotions, I am happy to see her getting back to work but worried since he job is quite physical she is going to be in a lot of pain when she gets home. She tripped on a carpet at work and did the following:
    Hurt her right ankle (it was still under the carpet after she landed)
    Hurt her shoulder, she cannot lift her arm without her shoulder clicking
    Bruised the palm of her hand and cannot really hold anything in this hand
    Landed on her already bad knee
    Plus her hip and back hurt but they say that is just from the fall
    Gave herself a mild concussion
    She has had x-rays done and nothing is broken which is good but she is still really feeling it.

I am back in the office today, but I can totally admit it, I was so so tempted to just work from home. I find when my anxiety gets bad and I am what I call spinning my natural reaction is to become very cut off, I want to be a homebody and not leave my house. I have no issue working I just do not want to interact with others and want the comfort zone of my house. So there was a lot of talking myself into coming to the office today.

Today is Mom's birthday so we will probably have take out for dinner tonight, she has been mentioning Mary Browns for almost a week so I have a feeling this will be tonight's dinner choice. I will give her the money to pick it up as it is on her way home but the opposite way from my work.

Alright well time to get back to work. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SassyAshley that sounds like a wicked fall, hopefully you mom recovers quickly.
    I am doing well with my no spend days. Yesterday I did 20000 steps because I did want to pay for a cab. I met my mom and brother at a hospital to visit a friend and it’s a part of the city that I am not familiar with TTC. It was a mild day and pretty much a straight line to walk, so I opted to walk. I had a meeting with someone and they were fine with my walking while taking the call.
    Today is my work at home day which I always enjoy.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Our roads are pretty clear here but are expecting messy weather maybe later today. Staying close to home today. DS works later today but usually I just have to drop him off and his friends mom drops him off at home after his shift since she works it as well. Which is very much appreciated!'

Tonight I plan on packing up the tree and Christmas decorations. I have a load of towels to dry and put away. I will wash my bed sheets tonight and put on my new comforter my sister gave me. (she thinks I will like better then duvet but we will see!) Trying not to make to much work for myself tonight since I am still under the weather but stuff needs to get done.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

what a week.

my mom goes for a mri today. and a dr appt. i cannot go to either with her. HFM is going thoruhg my kids. so i will avoid her. i am hoping to be all clear b friday. sigh

working on the gail twitter money thing. fairly easy so far. no surprises.

with a bit of luck i should be done the laundry today.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SassyAshley sorry to read about your mom fall . Hoping she feels better soon. Happy Birthday to your Mom.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SassyAshley sorry to read about your mom fall . Hoping she feels better soon. Happy Birthday to your Mom.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got a call at 8:20 to come and teach for the morning. It’s the same teacher that I had to turn down yesterday. There is only one other subt at this school today. I am booked to teach Friday at a small town school. It’s over an hr drive away, but good to work.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hurrah for you, @Giseledta !
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I got a call at 8:20 to come and teach for the morning. It’s the same teacher that I had to turn down yesterday. There is only one other subt at this school today. I am booked to teach Friday at a small town school. It’s over an hr drive away, but good to work.
    Fabulous news, @Angela273 !
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My cash is parked at home and I'm on a budget for the remaining two weeks of the month.

Yesterday afternoon-bought the Staples items (forgot my extra tote bag at home), saw bus leave, so off to Sobeys to browse for coupons and stuff. Bought three reduced price holiday napkins at $1.80 each to take family through the winter (dark blue background with white snowflake motifs) and 2 for $5 Fruitsations snacks. Found Ryvita cracker coupons (shelf pad) and Nestle L'Atelier (but there are no UPCs on the chocolate bar coupon--not likely worth using).

Have three file boxes set up, but file transfer is yet to be done (I am tempted to put a fourth box to use for sewing patterns but I have other containers in use). Worked on my 2020 vision board and photo album. Plan is to organize my room KonMari style again and know where everything is. Decided I needed a stationery box so put greeting card box to use for small notes, pens, book marks and the extra stapler. Felt great after that! Looked at some 2019 expenses-library printing was almost $20. Will budget $10 for half-year in 2020 and pace myself better.
    Gave one file box to a friend today and will try to give remaining two boxes to someone else.
    Managed to quickly launder my shoes last night to remove 1 week's worth of slush/salt stains. They were dry by morning-very happy about that!

Have not been keeping up with the #MoneyMasterClass and it must be done this week. Have one notebook for it in my tote bag for my library trips.

Letting go of CIBC 2020 calendar quest-I realized on the weekend that the Milk calendar has the lunar cycles so that calendar is hanging by the phone now.
    Another letting go tip-not to hold on to several fast food offers, only two or three. Rest must go into the blue box. If I see any pictures or words on flyers I can use for my vision board, I'll get the scissors out!

Have three-times noticed how I have let library items get overdue by a day this month and I'm not getting to reading all of my books (two due today I never started and there are holds for them, so I let them go into the book sorter).

Delighted that yesterday's snow had melted today. More snow may be forthcoming and I'll adjust my tote loads to allow arms to swing for balance on icy surfaces. Ms. Sunshine has not been seen much of today-Mr. Snow or Mr.Rain must be up to something in the skies.

Please, if you get coupon inserts in your flyers or papers, share the coupon news with us! Nothing exciting was found in yesterday's Mr. Moneysaver flyer from the mailbox.
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tried a new RMT today since mine retired Was very good but $11.05 more then the going rate- They charge the same $85 but plus HST where the others are all inclusive).
    After I drop DS off at work I am having a hot bath and putting on comfy clothes. I feel nothing will get done tonight now lol. I feel too relaxed and dopey.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped out to sobeys for a few deals this afternoon
    (4) dare bear paw crackers (for the grandkids).99-.50cpn=.49 each plus 10 airmiles when you buy 4 boxes
    ate my free kasha joi bar on the way home
    bear granola(cant remember the name 3.99-3.00 cpn=.99
    kashi granola bars 2.99-2.00 cpn=.99
    (2) fleecy liquid 3.99 plus 20 airmiles when you buy 2 plus personal offer of 5 airmiles

I saved 11.99 in coupons

oh and used my bed/bath beyond cpn quick dry towel on sale 8.99-20%=$7.19 I paid 5.00 for purple towels in this same brand about a year /year and a half ago and they are wearing a bit but dry super fast

also on the clearance table at the back -one stemless wine glass .99

ribs are for supper tonight with coleslaw and French fries
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Jan 15th, 2020 at 05:43 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I wish this snow would go away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning up early 5.30 and did a load of laundry

Just cashed out caddle $23.95 and checkout51 $23.85=47.80 yeah I haven't cashed out of caddle for 9 months now -I guess the Scotties and oatmeal helped me out as a lot of items I don't use on caddle,surveys help too.Last time I cashed out on checkout51 was 3 months ago so it helps to have a variety of items but I love both programs

So that is a bit of extra cash this month
    Ciel, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

This morning -is condense and clean -just finished my 4 small cabinet drawers in my bathroom ,not keeping expired creams or lotions ,what a great feeling as garbage day is Friday.

Just went thru the bottom part of my linen closet also don't need bath shower mats that are not lying straight from years of washing ,or a curtain my mom made for my old house (I have lived here almost 22 years)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Jan 15th, 2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Ciel, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information