User Tag List

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Babysat cara today had her outside for a half hour in the afternoon and we walked for 40 minutes in the morning ,she is putting 3 words together now and talking more ,so much fun to hear her say "don't touch it nana "about her baby doll in the buggy.

So happy for my daughter as she has gotten before and after care for Sebastian an older lady who lives across from the school and only takes 4 children (one is her grandchild)good thing she is looking into this now as sept is not far off .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have been walking and exploring for over 7 hours today. We should sleep like babies tonight! We are having such a great time we are already planning a return trip.
    ROMEO, greentires4me, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just had 2- 5.00 gift cards codes emailed to me from indigo (from online surveys) So indigo had free shipping and I had a 8.97 credit from them too.I decided to get these freezer stasher bags reg 14.99 each I paid that for 2 for the freezer ,my daughter has them and loves them.

I may keep one and use one for a gift for daughter-in-law ,we will see .
    ROMEO, Ciel, YOU AND ME and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Going out shopping tonight, trying not to think about it too much but we need to go tonight as we may be digging out tomorrow. As much as I would be happy to push the leftover budget from this week into next, I really feel we need to get Flour & Potatoes if we go to keep limiting Take-Out and Treats.

On the weekend I made Applesauce Muffins, I have never made these before oh my are they ever good. I ate a couple yesterday when I was working from home and I had to stop myself from eating the whole batch. I think I am going to have to add these as one of my go to recipes and they were actually really easy to make and bonus, it is a one bowl recipe. I love it anytime I can limit dishes.

Not much else going on, last night I tidied up the kitchen, it wasn't dishes, I did those Sunday but for some reason there was just stuff everywhere. I also cleaned the bathroom but did not do the floor. I will do the floor either Thursday night after work or on the weekend, we will see how I feel. If we get this snow I may need to work from home Thursday as winter driving is really bugging me this year.

Alright work is almost done for the day, will see if I can get a few more small things off my desk and then off to do our shopping.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Another amazon order came today. I was suppose to pick up that ups one but I’m sick again and don’t want to chance leaving the house to vomit on someone’s bushes. I’m cold and feel like poop. Laying here with blankets and weighted blanket. Put a hoodie on hopefully to feel warmer faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Feb 25th, 2020 at 04:11 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, YOU AND ME and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl we love our stasher bags. I am slowly building up my stash. I have some I use for freezing raw meat. @greentires4me I hope you feel better soon. I find that when I am sick it’s the constant feeling of cold that is the worst.
    Pancakes and peameal bacon for dinner tonight. It’s always a hit. Looks like snow on Wednesday. March is just around the corner right.
    ROMEO, greentires4me, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -yes lilo i cant wait to get my stasher bags .My daughter said she loves them for storing homemade soup.We had peameal bacon and pancakes last night also down to a half bottle of real maple syrup ,so I will be on the lookout for a sale wish RCSS was near me .It sounds like they have a lot of clearance items also.

Here comes the snow we have to meet Ashlyn at the schoolbus today at 3.05 p.m,so I am giving my son his birthday gift a day early (money,socks and an underarmour t-shirt reg 30.00 at the bay I paid $15.00 about a month ago)My dear son is 35 on Thursday they are going out to a buffet with her family we were invited but hubby and I don't care for buffets anymore .We are invited to supper at son,s tonight lasagna.

Saturday daughter is having all of us in Toronto to celebrate my son's birthday ,she asked him what he wants her to make and it will be chicken breasts with wine reduction sauce on a bed of mashed potatoes with corn and green beans and homemade brownies for dessert ,we usually sleep over but this time son /wife and the small girls will sleep over.
    Ciel, YOU AND ME, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

please share the apple sauce muffin recipie.... thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Going out shopping tonight, trying not to think about it too much but we need to go tonight as we may be digging out tomorrow. As much as I would be happy to push the leftover budget from this week into next, I really feel we need to get Flour & Potatoes if we go to keep limiting Take-Out and Treats.

On the weekend I made Applesauce Muffins, I have never made these before oh my are they ever good. I ate a couple yesterday when I was working from home and I had to stop myself from eating the whole batch. I think I am going to have to add these as one of my go to recipes and they were actually really easy to make and bonus, it is a one bowl recipe. I love it anytime I can limit dishes.

Not much else going on, last night I tidied up the kitchen, it wasn't dishes, I did those Sunday but for some reason there was just stuff everywhere. I also cleaned the bathroom but did not do the floor. I will do the floor either Thursday night after work or on the weekend, we will see how I feel. If we get this snow I may need to work from home Thursday as winter driving is really bugging me this year.

Alright work is almost done for the day, will see if I can get a few more small things off my desk and then off to do our shopping.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all... we are bracing for a bit of a storm. i am sure it will not be as bad as they are saying. i suspect north of us will get it worst.

for those who watch.. sb is having a mega code day.

i went to the library last night accessed some die cuts that i used for the daycare. i was going to go back tonight but will do tomorrow night instead i think a at home night , withthe snow is needed.
    ROMEO, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassyashley i was thinking the same thing i would love the applesauce muffin recipe -thanks

Shovelled once around noon half our driveway and just seen neighbour boy age 21 shovelling the rest (so nice of him)

Leaving for our sons at 2.00 p.m
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are at the airport waktimg to board. Hope the snow is a no go for when we land at Pearson at 7pm. A girl can dream!
    I can't wait to pick up my dog st my sisters so she knows i didn't abandon her. My niece has enjoyed the week taking care of her and really wants to keep her lol. I bought her a cute purse to thank her for dog sitting. She also enjoyed the pictures i have been sending. My sister says she would come home from school asking if i sent new ones. Yesterday we saw a huge alligator so i was able to send that.
    Can't wait to return to regular life. Nice to go away but nice to get back to real life.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Feb 27th, 2020 at 07:39 AM.
    ROMEO, greentires4me, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Darn it all on the way to son's ,I chipped a bottom molar tooth .Going to the dentist in the afternoon on Thursday ,cant wait to see what this entails or costs .

Had supper at my son's lasagna and cheese garlic toast ,I gave him his gift and I got a big kiss on the cheek and a thanks mom .We just got in now at 8.00 p.m ,relaxing my indigo stashers came already cant wait to try them .
    ROMEO, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Finally getting snow here. I packed my laptop and brought it home today just in case I decide to work at home, although I really don’t mind GO transit on a snowy day because everyone stays home so it’s an easy commute. I don’t love that DS 1 commutes to school but I know I need to let it go and I know he is a far better driver then most young men because of it.
    I had a free coffee offer from second cup this week. I rarely go there but they are the closest coffee place to my office so I loved my free latte and it was another no spend day.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

School bus service canceled in our entire area today. Now DS can shovel the driveway
    Giseledta, greentires4me and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we have bus cancelation as well. youngest stayed home. she could have got there... but this honestly was a more responsible choice. she is still doing homework. so all is good as far as i am concerned.

i am hoping hubby gets some paperwork today for work.. if so we will go on the weekend and get a few things for his home office. make it easier on him on the whole. i need to do a quick trip to value village as well.

tonight is chicken potatoes asperagus and carrots.

laundry needs to be done. and i need sleep. oy is swear leading cause of marriage breakup is snoring.. i knowits not.. but .. it must be a contributing factor
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information