User Tag List

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had appt. this morning to put my summer tires back on. They were bad last year but thought could use this year and then dump them but guy said they are bad. So ordered new tires (happy with the price and quality tires) Saved the switch over fee. lol

I have had 2 pick ups already today and one this afternoon scheduled. I'm on a mission. Note- Kid stuff is selling because people are looking for stuff to do with their kids! Off to dig in the garage to post outdoor stuff!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

While the older kids did school work this morning, I tackled some of our mending pile and read books to the younger kids. It rained again last night and some this morning. The kids and I played in the puddles at the edge of our street. They wanted to help drain the puddles down the storm drain. Always a fun free activity.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Doctors appointment done, my appointment was 9:30, I was back in my car at 9:33 and driving home.

Lunch was picked up and delivered to the office, we laid it out in the back of a co worker's truck so everyone could just come up and grab their food, it was all labelled and go.

Not sure why but I am super tired today, I could totally take a nap, but it is a work day so no nap, plus I do not nap well.

Not sure how I feel about Ford's announcement, I feel it is too early for Retail to re open. I am hopeful most stores will continue to offer curb-side as this would be the only way we would consider shopping right now outside of groceries. Just grocery shopping is enough, people do not get social distancing, even today when I went to pick up Lunch the guy asked me to come look at this phone and there was no way to social distance. I am worried we are moving too quickly. I get it, it is the catch 22 the virus vs the economy. If only we had a crystal ball.

On that note, my Mom's friend's Son had to be tested for Covid, in Ontario right now it takes 7 to 9 days to get results. I thought delay in results was resolved in Ontario but apparently not.

Alright off to hope the afternoon goes quickly as I am ready to just rest and relax on the couch.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have made $92 selling my junk and I just started posting stuff to sell yesterday. I think I am liking e-transfers. A lady bought and picked up something this morning. Then she messaged me wanting 2 more items but can't pick up till next week but e-transferred full payment! I don't mind holding it when I know the sale is for sure.

All clean laundry is put away. I washed 3 blankets and they are hanging to dry. One is my blanket for the arena while watching DS play hockey.
    DS needs his bedding done so I am going to start that now. I have other bedding to make his bed with so I think that is my plan.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

honestly, etransfer works really well. i like it.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. so it is going to take me longer then i thought on the daycare rooms. sigh. but the one is really starting to look marvolous!
    i am very pleased.

sent amessage to my dc parents..
    next week, i will post about protocols, and what to expect.

used my davids tea gc from my birthday, a 20 % off code, and free shiping. ordered my summer iced tea stuff.
    all my plants are out on my front porch , eanjoying the rain.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

trying to get our walks in,so off we went today

supper roasted poatoes,chicken drumsticks and zuccini

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'll have to catch up on posts on Sat. Bro cut me off the router so I've been visiting wi-fi spots with seating every now and then.

Yesterday on CBC 10pm news. there was word that seniors will get a one-time $300 lump sum from OAS and $200 from GIS if they currentlu get OAS & GIS-no forms to fill; gov
    t will remit money. No word on when the money will come but my guess is end of May during pension fund time or early to mid June.

Post-secondary students can apply tomorrow through CRA My Account or via telephone for Canada Student Emergency Benefits.

I was contacted to contribute bottles to a bottle drive but understood it was a pickup. Missed today's e-mail about dropping items on-site which wasn't confirmed until today. At least I saw a new movie on DVD, Ride Like a Girl, from my friend (film would be better on large
    screen but story was gripping.)

Disney+ will stream ep. 3 of Disney Gallery and Maleficient 2 tomorrow-I'll be watching too!

Groceries have been hit or miss in stores. Fortinos did get restock on bread machine yeast in tins with limit of one. I have not got my baking mode on, but my snacking mode puts any sweets or fruits at peril. Ditto carbonated Perrier with Juice or San Pellegrino.

OK, so Fortinos has a 3000 pts PC OPt offer if you buy 4 bags of Lays. Flyer shows 3 bags for $9.99. If you have the $2 off Lays chips wub 3 (exp. May 16), you could do well at the store this weekend.

I have to coupon fairy 3 coupons at a local store as I won't be buying deli cuts, Canada Dry club soda or ground meat & two Club House taco seasonings. I will consider buying a watermelon as they are $3.99 each at Fortinos and warmer temps are around the corner.

My Well order arrived 1 week after ordering. Came in unmarked delivery truck for PUrolator-assume contractors are involved?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Lots of winning contests! Congrats!

Saw someone say Maleficent 2 is on Disney plus. Wanted to see! Thx.

Days have been full with online teaching. Mom and Dad (school board and union) arguing about all the details. I find that stressful. My class is going well.

We’ve stepped back our own kids learning online and are doing some still but more of our own thing. Kids are happier. Adults too.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Grey Rainy morning here, gotta admit my mood kind of fits the weather. Just feeling kind of blah.

All day yesterday I kept thinking it was Friday, so now I feel like today should be Saturday. I cannot say I do not have ambition as I do but I would prefer to be tackling things around the house vs working today. But it is Friday so work must happen.

I have 1 meeting today, good news is, it is a morning meeting which makes me happy. Those Friday Afternoon meetings can be challenging especially when we are having deep discussions.

I have quite a few things I would like to tackle this weekend. Our upstairs freezer needs to be cleaned out, stuff just gets shoved in here so I need to move stuff around. I am also thinking of trying to re organize the chest freezer again, since we could not find the bins when we re organized before there are a bunch of containers just thrown in and they are driving me insane.

I am trying to come up with a bit of a new plan for the freezers as we are using more frozen fruits and veggies which is working for us but I need to grab some more to give us some variety. I just need to figure out how to make it work int he freezer since they will be Costco size bags.

Last night I was so tired but did not want to fall asleep on the couch so I worked on next week's meal plan. I am trying to get more variety in our meals. I feel like we just keep making the same things and I am starting to get sick of some of these options. I feel like we keep falling into what is quick, easy and simple. I have some new meals listed for next week we will see how this goes.

Alright back to work, see what I can get done before my meeting.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Raining hard here right now.

Had another sale late last night. $5 (they sent etransfer) and will pick up in next few days. Another sale this morning for $5 and picking up at noon today. Another $15 item with tons of people wanting but need to arrange pick up so hopefully gone by end of the day, Off to find more stuff to post for sale!!

As of noon today $112.00 sold! Decided I will wait till Tuesday to post more stuff.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, May 15th, 2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I received a text this morning informing me that my oldest daycare girl won’t be here today.

We received rain twice this week. I plan on working in the garden to get any new weeds or rocks. If it’s dry enough, Dh will be able to till it and we can start planting tomorrow.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yay! I won a 2 topping pan pizza from Pizza Hut. It’s a contest on Facebook through our radio station. I’ll try to win again next month.
    Congrats - food prizes are the best.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not happy, it looks like Mom is being called back to work, I am really worried with re opening retail.

My work has decided we are not re opening our showrooms, we are remaining as curb side only. I was hoping Mom's work would do the name but nope, come Tuesday they are re opened.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

went out to dollerama, and foodland today, as well as a green house that usually sells to the stores, but is selling to the public.

dollarama... doing much better. still not great.
    Foodland... OMG. no social distancing by staff or customers. , and i swear.. they increased thier prices.

greenhouse.. it went well.. 4.00 citronella plants. i am planting them around my backyard to lower the skitters... if i a going to have kids all summer in my backyard.. well... i am going to make it work for me.

worked on the playroom, and my fridge got cranky, fixed that .
    read that Schools in BC are opening June 1.....

i need a bit to really absorb that ...

tuesday is the province announcement for education for ontario. my concern at this point, is the camps... what is going to happen with all these kids for the summer...... as parents go back to work... they will need support....
    Centers, with the size they are .. oy, they could easily be over whelmed...
    and most are not set up for s chool age...

tuesday, will be interesting...

any hoo... hot dogs, and salad for supper. manybe veg sticks...

i need to clean up the kitchen... I will do that after i take a break for a bit.

i am really , really hoping for a good day to garden tomorrow.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information