User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Finally a decent warm May weekend. May as well set up the June thread.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Monday morning time to start the week. Woke up sore but hoping as I get moving things will feel better.

It feels like there is so much to get done today. We cleaned as we went all weekend but last night we were repackaging some stuff in our freezer to try to make more room and the dishwasher needed to be emptied so our kitchen is a bit of a mess. It won't take long to clean up but I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen but I was too tired to deal with it last night.

We tried my Triple Berry Cheesecake Crossistant Puff last nght for dessert, oh my it is so good. Although I do not think I would eat if for Breakfast it is quite rich, for me personally it is more of a dessert. As much as I love this dessert, not sure how often I will make it as it takes a whole brick of Cream Cheese and although we have quite a bit on hand I am trying to limit how much we use as I have noticed even the Sale price at Costco has gone up.

I started to make our Costco Shopping list last night, I am starting to worry we will not be on budget again this month. By the time we go this month it will be 5 weeks since we last shopped, good news is, it does not feel like we are running out of food but we do need a lot of fresh stuff. I am hoping some of their fresh produce prices has come down in, I am really missing our trips to the Chinese Market. Although we have been eating a lot more frozen vegetables and it has been working for us, although not sure what will happen when we start BBQing more.

Alright time to get back to work, it is a slow morning as our email is not working correctly but I can work on other things.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$619.07 total May savings

Coupons Redeemed
    $87.43

10% off Tuesday at Sobeys
    $16.14

Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks
    $50

Amazon.ca earned by Dh through Swagbucks
    $5

PCO - No Frills
    $50

Air Miles
    $20

Found Money
    $1

Stuff Sold
    $335

Garden
    $5

Contest wins
    $25 - Dollarama gc
    $23 - Pizza Hut pizza

Domino’s Pizza Points$16.50
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our solar panels have been producing an awesome amount of electricity this month. They beat our record from last July. May’s solar power production was 1,462.78kWh. Even when averaged out over an entire year, our 28 solar panels produce more electricity than our household uses. It really is nice to have a $29 electricity bill each month...which is the cost of being hooked up to the power grid and the taxes on it.

Although our forecast is for heat all week, I still plan on roasting a ham and making baked potatoes today. I’ll probably do some baking this week too. It helps to keep our family fed and reduce our food costs.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The most frugal thing we did was get a refund today from the credit card company for a cruise that was cancelled. The cruise company was slow to refund so we disputed the charge and received the money back in a timely manner.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-did a load of laundry ,hung to dry

Made a batch of blueberry muffins.

I went thru my summer tops the other day gave 3 to hubby's sister as she doesn't have many clothing (one was too big ,and the tank top was old and a new stripped top looked too boxy on me) plus fleece sleep pants (I cant wear hot clothing anymore still have hot flashes since I was 49-12 years coming up ,man it can be soo annoying sometimes .

Yard work for today weed in the white rock bedding out back .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Covid 19 testing is now open to all Albertans so since I had been travelling I went on Saturday evening and heard back this morning that I was negative-as I expected but always good to know.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I took a break before my meeting and emptied the dishwasher, when I took a break for lunch I loaded the dishwasher and did the hand dishes for the kitchen is now all clean and ready or me to mess it up to make dinner.

For dinner we will use the Chicken we Roasted in Crock Pot and Mom will have a Hot Chicken Sandwich, I will just have chicken and gravy then we will both have oven fries and mixed veggies. I believe I have a half bag of California Mix in the freezer we will use, I am trying to get as must as I can out of the upstairs freezer and chest freezer. Both freezer are overly full but there is a lot of stuff we bought, we will not buy again but it is taking up room.

I really want to pair down what we buy to the basics to optomize space in the freezer as I want to do more freezer cooking.

I need to find something to do with some Chicken Bites I bought from Costco last month, they are not the best. I was hoping to use them like Chicken Poppers with Pizza but neither one of us are a fan but it was a Costco size box.

We used up some stuff out of the chest freezer over the weekend so I need to move some stuff around before we go shopping this week. I was hoping to do it tonight, but for some reason I am feeling really really tired for some reason so I might have to move this to tomorrow. I am hoping to make room for frozen fruits and veggies, my plan is 4 bags, 2 fruit & 2 veggies.

Alright looks like monthly is pricing is coming in now, so might take a break as it comes in and then will tackle the pricing after dinner.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Jun 1st, 2020 at 03:01 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

first day back to work . good day. I miss working. My anxsity has calmed down alot. i will be ok. We had a good day. I will have some bumps, kids gone for 3 months will do that.
    i really do hope our province annouces something soon for childcare. My preferance would be to allow home care to go to 7 kids, we currently at 5. as long as 2 are school age. with summer camps mostly cancelled... something has to give. and from what i am gathering , centers , will only be allowed to open at 50 % capacity. tops. That is a whole lot of kids without care. I f parents need to go back t o work.. alot need care.

supper is ravioli , withh alfredo sauce with chicken for the non veggie people
    i need to finish disinfecting the daycare rooms. sigh. Lysol is my new scent.😊😊

coming back to add...
    City of london just announced .. it will not run camps this summer. . with the covid resitrictions it is just not able to . I believe toronto already called it...
    Last edited by Giseledta; Mon, Jun 1st, 2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Giseledta-so glad you had a good day

Yes my black and decker whipper snipper came in to rona -picked it up today .Then hubby wanted to go into store as he needed an item ,I cant believe the age 50-70 men were not wearing masks ,well that's the boomers and they should be as hubby and I had our masks on .I wish all the stores made it manditory -really that is how I feel .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

No camps here either. I do not know how people can be expected to return to work if they have no childcare. I see lots of moms looking for responsible teens to spend part of the day with the kids. If you worked at home then this could be managed and it means teens can earn some money.
    I had an amazing deal today. I bought Rice Krispies at Fortinos for 4.99 a box. They had 4000 PCO when you spend 10.00 on Kellogg’s cereal and the boxes had the 5.00 VISA GC offer. Add in Checkout 51 51 and I made a $1.00 for 2 big boxes. It’s been a long time since the stars aligned.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Raining here guess the Plants will love it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Rain here too! A little dark in my dining room but I am not turning on the light lol. Hopefully it will brighten up today.

My oldest did some cooking last night. He just sent me a text to tell me not to clean up and he will. Funny kid.

I saw a sign near me that said Potatoes/Carrots/ and something else (I was flying by lol) $1lb. I will try and find the place and see what they have.

Busy work day for me today so I better get at it.
    Enjoy the day everyone!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Meetings are done, files have been transfered so that part of my day is done and now I can just work on the day to day stuff and if I get that done maybe a manual or two. I think I have to monitor our web chat tonight which means I have to work till 8 pm. Getting a little frustrated as the notification system on this seems to be hit or miss so I do not feel comfortable walking away right now.

The tasks I need to get done today are:
    Clean out the fridge, I do not think there is anything in the fridge that should be thrown put but it is just very unorganized right now

Tidy up the Chest freezer, I need to move some stuff around so we can get in any frozen purchases from our grocery shop, right now I am thinking 2 bags of fruit and 2 of veggies and I am on the fence about grabbing a bag of frozen Chicken Breast. Normally we buy fresh but I have heard the frozen are a little bit cheaper and I have seen a lot of freezer cooking meals starting from frozen Chicken Breast I want to try so if they are cheaper.

Look at the stand up freezer, my plan for the stand up is this where all our meat and milk should be but I think some other odds and ends ended up in there so want to see if things need to be moved around. I also still have a turkey in this freezer we got super cheap and I have been saving for a family get together but I am thinking more and more that we should cook it up, break it down and freeze the frozen meat to make more room. We are not the biggest fans of Turkey, Mom likes it once a year and I would prefer a Whole Chicken. Have to put some thought into this.

Not sure whatelse I will get done, we will see how the day goes.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just booked a 2 night stay for DS and I in Niagara Falls this summer. A deal and a name brand hotel (so should be nice and clean) We plan to walk around lots so he can take pictures. We will bring a cooler with lots of good food. I'm allowed to cancel 24 hrs before with full refund so figured I would book it and then we will see if it is safe to go. Happy to have something to hopefully look forward to.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information