User Tag List

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not shop at PC stores often anymore so I am sure my offers are horrible right now, I haven't even looked recently.

But before Covid like Angela I was constantly pushing offers if we did not use them, I had a reminder each Wednesday to push both mine and my Mom's offers and I found after a couple of weeks both of our offers really started to reflect what we were actually buying and less random products.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! Horrible month for me so far.Depression dont seems to want to go out of me,I am so tired of that.I do a lot of horrible crisis of panicking and dont go out very often.Dad does the grocery shopping and I do the list.

I dont plan to go to cimetary at all to see my mother and brother gravewards ...it is always so awfull....

I try to do cleaning and purging 3 times a week but it is difficult...I will toss away a big lamp luminary at gros rebus in the street tomorrow morning because I face it the reality I have just not the space to kept it as it is big...heartbreaking...

I know I should repair my teeths and pass my licence this summer but with crisis of panicking severe it is not a option for this time..

Not even sure if I will be capable to return in school in september but I have barelly the choice if I want to finish my school and advance in my projects....

Horrible month for eve the cat...I know she is old maybe 13 years olds and I think maybe 3 more years old of that not sure of the precedant owner...but she do a lot of crisis of asmas that freaking me out and I do crisis of panicking each time..I dont want her to died ..she his my best friend in those time and a great confident...She hidden under the bed to do her crisis so we just close the door so she have no acces and we can controle her moves.I dont know if veterinary can do something for her...pills....pump...I dont want to have a huge bill..I cannot afford it right now...Any advices?Please pray for eve

That cause me so much insomnia

I so need to do an inventory of the freezer and do menu planning...I am thinking this week...pancakes,pizza,fresh salmon,chicken salad ,hot dog,and will see for others things

QC strawberries are so good!!!

Not happy to have find that la senza store,addition elle and reitmans will close mostly of theirs stores....will see....if I still can order with the entrepot online...not to many choice of 3x clothes stores grrr

I so need to eat better and lose weight....I found some pictures 0f my guatemala travel and I want to be that girl good in her skin obviously not the case now...seems like I am 2 girls

Alright I need to order some coupons and catch up some posts

My dad started to rework 2 days a week and he will still get the cpu..I am so afraid of covid even the taxi have some severes measures

We still did not get the annual inspection thanks to covid..but we got the alarm inspection

Have a good night and evening everyone!!!!
    Sorry for the long post ......
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl I am surprised the outdoor sprinkler ban did not start in June when we had stretches of hot and humid weather. Today and yesterday, I have seen residents watering lawns via sprinklers and letting kids play in sprinklers.

Morning-did a quick produce shop at Walmart. Decided I had to "mall" today as cool wind was offsetting the high heat of Ms. Sunshine. Toys R Us sells Girl Guide cookies at cash-had to add a box as I bought some of the Lego Dots stuff (the bands are on sale from $6 something to $4.95) and the pencil box kit. Marks-saw striped v-neck tops but no luck finding size large. Fortinos-Joe Fresh is 1/2 the size of usual department as PC Express has taken over the front end of the clothing area. Found two thin and cheery t's for under $20-not enough for PC bonus points if I had spent $30 on apparel. Mall-Urban Behaviour-very much like Forever 21 but linen pant fans: you can find linen/rayon pant blends (like culotte length or 7/8 length) in one area of store. Tags read $29.99 and up but rack signs say 50% off-mostly blue and white or linen/stone tones or sand or coral. Nice discovery. Mind the thumping electronic music! Bonus-you can shop for fall/winter as there are racks of cooler weather clothing racked by colour. Fans of Sephora or Bath & Body Works-there were 30+ lineups outside of the stores today. Shorter lines at Children's Place, H&M and Addition Elle (tight fit in store-timing is everything in getting around the person ahead of oneself to get into back then down opposite side. Hudson Bay-lots of room, not busy. Fitting rooms not in use in lingerie-have to go to Karen Scott area for access to a room. I did find the 50% off clearance sock rack--you can see lots of shiny or Xmas themed socks or summery shoe liners or conversational prints. Scored a Point Zero navy sock with paisley print and ruffled tops and a black pair of Ralph Lauren socks with gold thread Polo pony logo all over it. $4 and $6 for each.

Did a second shopping run in Meadowlands at Marks-found a large in peach striped top and got an XL in the blue striped top (no L). Blue top fits Mom so its now hers. I wanted a maroon striped top but its not stocked in Ancaster. Ventured into Staples for printer shopping-the $59.99 HP printer deal is on until Tuesday. Bit over budget and it has to be ordered. Bit stunned at USB B cable prices-might find a deal at reseller store next and save some $, as my OTB money is seriously going to reimburse my grocery budget (which is almost spent as I type). Best printer would be the $439 HP mobile printer (so small like The Child in the Mandalorian) but I don't have the Beskar steel (money) to pay for it. Also went to Shoppers for Bingo card scan (no win) and a few items including a Nature Valley bar box with code for that free tee-shirt promo-but it's already over, so no code entering for me. Since I brought along my laptop, I was able to use the Staples wi-fi from edge of parking lot with some tree shade, so that was a breezy 30min online. No luck getting a wi-fi signal aboard the bus or from the nearby TD bank or Tim Hortons. Oh well, I got some surfing done!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@JadeAngel Wow, a big screen viewing would so be worth the effort! I might tweet a couple of local theatres to run the Eurovision Song Contest flick in fall, if it's possible for them to get the rights or permission. Song Along indeed-that was some party and I probably missed naming some Eurovision winners. The one on the mountain--the scene totally captures the artist at work as street performer. Wonder if Will Ferrell and Andrew purposely wrote it like that to convey that many musicians don't see the big lights in their careers?
    Giseledta and JadeAngel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 I have noticed that PC OPtimum sends me offers the following week after I buy say Watermelon or magazine or celery. But I don't usually have offers for those items when I buy them. Shoppers clearance area in your local store-see if you find food or personal care items you like on clearance--it might prompt PC Optimum program to push new offers related to those brands or types of products!

BTW, I am missing Pepsi Stuff this year--no promos, no packaging. Guess no D&G Pepsi Swag for prizes this year! Ditto Coke Summer contest too.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I noticed that not all Shoppers stores charge for bags. At one store, the male teen said in reply to my comment about bag charges-some stores stint on bags and charge for them. He does not! I needed double bagging for one purchase due to heavy item and said I would pay. Good gesture on his part!

All my new tops have been laundered soon after I returned from each trip. But Mom got miffed that I had used the washer so I had to stop the second load and scoop out the soapy water into a pail to hand wash the second lot. I have easy breezy tops for this humidity steamroller-WIN!

I have a strong urge to visit two Winners stores this weekend but one stop will have to wait for when I go during the week to Upper James (have two other stops on the way).

Noticed that the sidewalk alongside the Turner Park library has been dug up for waterwork construction. Poor trio of trees surrounded by mounds of dirt! So hot and heavy.

Buses have been about half full on each one that I have taken today except for the 16-Ancaster. I really need to print off summer bus schedules ASAP (maybe next weekend if printer is available and installation goes well???). Have to find a deal on paper and no, Value Village does not have any in the office supplies area (I do keep tabs on such things).

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-love hearing about your adventures,glad you got a few tops .I may venture out to winners later this week when i dont have the grandkids .

The water ban was because they are changing over to a new system at the water plant ,so they may not have enough water -only the essentials they said .Nobody on my street was watering and i did very little with my big plastic can .

Off to sobeys for a few things and bonus point items .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I wasn’t earning a lot of points. If I don’t use offers that week, I try to save any offers that I might want to use the next week. What really made a difference for me was getting the PC credit card. I use it as my regular credit card and pay the balance in full every month. The points add up.
    I too use my PC MasterCard and pay it off each month. No reason to use debit, as no points.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. It’s already very hot and humid out went for a walk and was too hot.
    My plan for today is to just relax watch TV and read.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to sobeys and got the(2) ice cream on sale with 20 airmiles ,plus tomaotes on sale and lean ground beef still spent over 100.00 but again that is every week and a half or 2 weeks .

Gonna pop out to mastermind and take back the gritty sand i bought (its beige )as its not the same consistancy as the coloured kinetc sand .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    very tired. . sigh. might just take it easy today.
    youngest and I will watch Hamilton today. i am looking forward to that. it should be good.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So not feeling myself these past few days, I know the heat is getting to me and the fact that there is no end in sight is not helping. I do not know what it is, even when I sleep I am still exhausted. I wanted to get up early this morning and try to knock out about 4 days of work in a couple of hours (unrealistic, I know) but when I woke up I was feeling super light headed and not well so I went back to sleep till 8.

I had a bit of a moment last night just feeling overwhelmed, I have so much to get done but we are getting nothing done. I cannot even figure out how we are going to grocery shop with this heat. Normally the day after we shop we do a ton of prep work but it supposed to be so hot this week that I do not think we can get the prep work done. Only shopping once a month there is a lot of stuff I do after we shop to make everything last us the month.

Right now just making dinner and we are not even using our stove, all cooking is done in the Instant Pot, Crock-Pot and Electric Skillet heats our house up so much. So far I have not been BBQing as our BBQ is in full sun at Dinner Time and it is just so hot to stand out there. Breakfast and Lunch we try to find things we do not have to cook.

I should do some meal prep today but I am not sure what to do, if we do want to and we kind of need to shop this week I want to leave the fridge as empty as we can but at the same time I hate not having stuff prepped and ready to go. I have a feeling this week is going to be a bit of a gong show at work which means working long hours and having those quick grab and go meals are life savers. I am still trying to not turn to Take-Out, as tempting as it is with these hot temperature, I do not want to fall back into the pattern and although it is in the budget and we aren't spending that money I don't actually want to spend that money, I just feel there is still too much that is unknown for the future.

Alright must find ambition and try to knock a bunch of stuff out.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Dropped DS off st work for 9am. Stopped at Farmer's market and bought fresh peas and strawberries.
    Then SDM for eggs. 4 dozen.
    Came home put load in washer.
    Now clean the kitchen and clean out fridge and plan dinner on stuff needing to be used up. 3 peppers for sure! (Huge and cost $1 for all 3 and they are all beautiful!)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Jul 5th, 2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, well, my slug day went out the window,. i needed to bring a few groceries for my mom. . popped into the dollerstore, picked up my very small list... saw med size spring form pans.. picked up 2 to make ice cream cakes with. i will make those up this week.
    used the recippt for caddle.
    dropped offmy moms stuff.
    hide the farm market... really just a small stand at the small garden center i frequent. picked up more day old srawberries.. i will freeze those soon.

going to to a bit of tidying , then watch hamilton with youngest. i also have a small pile of mending to do .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well off i went at 8.10 to sobeys ,noticed the girl rang in my oranges wrong as they were tangerines on sale .Went back later and she couldnt find the code so she said i will just refund you the $2.58,which i in turn thanked her -nice gesture

Talked to a neighbour way down end of my street we grew up on the same street as teens .

Then popped over to mastermind took back the beige sand as it will not mix with my coloured kinetic sand -$16.94 back on my debit

Popped into dollar tree and spent $11 something ,paint brushes ,cheese puffs for kiddies tomorrow,sour watermelons and 2 more water guns .

So happy just got my joes fresh order(11 days later) everything is slow in this time of corona -love the t-shirt for me ,hubby loves the mens baby blue v-neck t-shirt and the 4 pkg of mens half socks for walking fit me fine 7.50 for 4 pairs 1.88 each is such a great price the order came to $31.something but i got 3,000 p.c points =$28.in the end so not bad.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information