User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Feeling hot then cool this weekend! Still summer and the cold beverages are vital to keeping cool at home or on staycation or on a commute to work.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

How in the world did we make it to August already?

Schools in SK re-open ok September 1...one month away. It’s crazy...scary...still waiting for more info...

My mom is busy sewing masks for our children.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got a e-mail back from pepsi....they said it could be manutention problems so they are sending complimentary replacing coupons.I did not do that for the coupons just wanted to report the problem..
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

July Savings total $516.24
    Coupons Redeemed $122.72
    10% off Tuesday at Sobeys $25.90
    Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks $30
    PCO - No Frills $40
    Air Miles $30
    CO51 $30.73
    Gift Cards
    $10gc CO-OP promo
    $5gc 7-Eleven police promo
    SCOP $9.14
    Stuff Sold $74.75
    Garden $88
    Contest wins
    $23 - Pizza Hut pizza
    $27 Pizza prize

We also did hair cuts at home for our 2 boys and Dh. I will add those to the total when I know the current amount, that way it is accurate.

I didn’t redeem many Air Miles because there was a system error on 2 separate occasions when I tried to redeem.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Did not get much done yesterday, I had a blah over tired day and was a little annoyed I still had to get some work done. It was the same staff member who did not come in, this time I didn't even get through all their work on Thursday so I brought their work home plus I had 70 something emails of my own to deal with. All and I all I think I did about 3 to 4 hours or work so still less than my normal 8 to 10 hours.

I got a couple small things done around the house but that was it, nothing big. Today, I have quite the to do list for myself. I was up early and already have a few things done:
    PVR is set for the week
    Dug out the 13 items that are to be picked up today, will be happy to have this gone as it will make more room to post new stuff
    Put a few things in the kitchen away so now the counters are clean and ready for me to work on

Just going to finish my tea and then off to get some stuff done. I think today will mostly be a kitchen day, my fridge is a disaster in a good way, it is so packed with food. Need to deal with this and make some room.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Dropped DS off at work and decided to stop at No Frills. Happy i did. It was not busy at all and i spent $31 and have lots of good food. Fruit this week is bananas, apples, oranges, cantelope.
    I took out BLSL chicken and pork chops from freezer. I will make shrimp skewers too. Will make baked potatoes, corn on the cob and Cesar salad to go with it for dinner.
    Cooking up pasta now so my guy can make his famous pasta salad for tomorrow.
    Bought buns for burgers tomorrow or Monday.
    Cleaning up the kitchen now. Breakfast was/is egg on a toasted bagel

Will pack us a lunch now for our afternoon out on the canoe
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off i went to shoppers to get a few items ,no more seniors discount everyday only thursday ,a few deals
    (1) case of iced tea nestea 3.99-600 points=3.39
    (1) softsoap shower gel 3.99(havent seen it 2.99 only once since covid started)-600 points=3.39
    (1)nature valley granola bars 1.99-.50 cpn=1.49
    (2) royale velour toilet paper 4.99 sat/sun special -1.00 cpn=3.99(now i am stocked on toilet paper ready for in the fall as i sure dont want to pay 8.99 for 12 rolls -i made it thru beginning of covid and i never bought any toilet paper at all)

Job for the day -cleaning my oven

I would love to place a few items on kijiji but i dont have e-tranfer( i do telephone banking ) .I hope people wont mind leaving money in my mailbox or under my mat -do you think people would bother paying cash or do they all doing e-transfers??
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Received my hydro bill for July. Cannot say I am unhappy. While the 12.8 rate in Ontario until end of October may be more than some desired, the lower rate earlier this year, along with the current rate has really helped our budget.

Last year at this time we owed 147$ and this year (even with the hottest July on record for Toronto) we have a credit of 48$. The credit will help the hot month of August And we ran the air con almost constantly (ductless not central).

So ... very pleased with the hydro rate.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sat, Aug 1st, 2020 at 12:00 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl I think payment really depends on your area, in my area I originally wanted to only accept e-transfer but very few in my area are open to the idea. Cash seems to be the preferred option in my area.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl I think you will be fine with just accepting cash. Most of my sales/purchases have been cash and it was an e-transfer only because the person did not have cash. I have been doing well on giving stuff away. Happy to see it go. Next weekend I will did a drop off to Value Village. Going to RCSS today because they finally had something in Flash Food worth the trip. Spicy sausage meat which I use when I make meatballs so I will toss it in the freezer. Need to look at the flyer to see if there is anything else I need on sale.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I decided to jump on the selling bandwagon like you girls, have posted 6 items on kijij ,some are like new toys sold pretty cheap 5.00 each and my bag of 17 puzzles(15.00) is the only money coming to me

I cant believe the prices people are charging still on kijiji for puzzles 7.00 to 20.00 each .Mind you i did find some for 3.00 each ,but the woman has a cat and i am allergic .I really dont want to be doing puzzles and sneezing ,so i will keep loking to buy more ,maybe i will venture into a thrift store .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Aug 1st, 2020 at 04:36 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

well having driven 10.5 hrs yesterday, followed by 3 hrs of packing and 3 hrs of moving the large stuff for DD in the evening heat I am tired. There were 4 young people and DH with his bad hip and I. Today we are packing and taking over the smaller stuff in our car and tomorrow or Monday we will help her clean and then head back home. These student moves have more stuff each time!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. sorry, busy week last week. i am ... tired. just tired

so , we replaced my ac and furnace. the guy that came to install was the guy that installed the ac 22 yrs ago ... , also the furnace was 30 yrs old. .
    i better get lower bills out of this.

alotof people around here are selling stuff.
    i may in August. right now.. i am ... stressed.
    middle child moves out in 2 days.
    i know it will be good for them . i know this. i just dont like this.

my sink is still cranky, we had a guy out.. he got it working for 1 day.. then it reclogged... seriously. reclogged.

and my family that was going to be getting a nanny... well.. they decided not to. they interviewed a few people... decided i was the best option. i have room for them .. and i know them. so all is good there.

any hoo. that is it from me.
    any ideas for my grumpy sink... share away.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I wish I knew what it was that the plumber did to our main floor bathroom sink to make it stop clogging, @Giseledta. I've been afraid to ask Bro or Mom directly as Bro has blamed me for over a year for causing issue by dumping Dad's aftershave down the drain along with some other liquid (not the shaving cream-that went into a bin). Since the plumber cost Mom about $225, I don't want to remind her.

Heads-up on shipping fees for online orders:

I went to Shoppers to ask staff if price on kiosk would change to 14 cents per print if I had over 100 of them (Shoppers Photo special listed on website and I got the e-mail today too-weekend only must have 100 or more 4x6 prints to get deal). No one knew (I was asked if offer was in flyer and I said no (I did not see it-did anyone??)). I also asked if they could verify if there was enough paper inside etc for print run or should I do it online. I was told whatever was in kiosk was all that was on hand and perhaps go online.
    Shipping to home costs $9.99. 129 prints-had to remove 15 as poor resolution came up as red dots under pics. Went with order.

At library in last 9 minutes of computer time-decided to put order in on ironing board cover that is on sale until Sunday (LOwes.ca)
    With tax but before shipping, $30 and change. I'm on page 2 of putting billing/payment info in-glance at total showing up on right side. $121.10! YIKES. I remove item from cart. No way is that worth going for-this item was listed as being shipped from vendor, which is located in Mississauga ON, not overseas). I stop at ATM on way home to check that bank balance is not affected as online bank access is causing the phone verification screen to come up after log-in. Close call, my friends. Bank balance was not drawn down.

The ironing board cover will come from either Cdn Tire or Walmart but I don't want the fibreglass iron rest strip that most of CT Type A covers seem to have. Le sigh.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Aug 1st, 2020 at 07:04 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did you clean out the pea trap? Not sure if that is the spelling. Mine was clogged last month and i googled it and it works perfectly now.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information