User Tag List

Page 1393 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 393 893 1293 1343 1383 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1403 1443 1493 1893 ... LastLast
Results 20,881 to 20,895 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I have a mystery.
    You know those cheap-ish solar lawn lights that are from Canadian Tire, etc? I mean, not Giant Tiger cheap, but just normal ones.
    If you've ever had them, you know that you'll get a couple maybe a few years out of them before one, two begin to barely light, then they never light again and later they just don't work anymore.
    So how's this: we bought a set of those about 5 years ago, and of course they've all gone out.
    Except ONE. ONE lights up every single night, all seasons, it's left out in the snow, under the snow all winter but come spring, there it is again!
    Lighting our garden!!
    I have no explanation as to why every other solar light we've ever met and that included the rather un-cheap set we bought for our gardens at camp in the last 3 years have pretty much died.
    But 5-6 years?! Anyone???
    Is it this one? If not, it might as well look like this...since I've never had solar lights last any more than 2 seasons...

Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@danger_dan , I do believe it' IS a magic light! Not a unicorn, but something's going on, it's been years! It always looks so lonesome out there, alone in the garden. I wonder if it'll ever go out, and no, we have never changed the battery. Ever. For years.
    Isn't it amazing?? I think it's my Dad keeping that light on....he loved his gardens.

What a beautiful day!
    It's a good painting day...I still haven't done a painting for our Daughter to accompany the one I did for our SIL for their coffee centre at their RV. I think I at least know what I want to paint for her now.

Ok! Have a great day!
    GoJays, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You hit the solar light jackpot @Lynn49
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

o.k. I'll weigh in here about the solar lights.
    Yes @Lynn49 haven't we all been frustrated by the absolute beauty when we first set up our new-est set of garden lights?
    My garage has a few sets that stopped working ( like me!! ha ha ) but I just cannot discard them thinking one day DH will sit down and tinker with them to get them working again.

And HRMPH!! to your dis on " Giant Tiger cheap " ha ha I've had both good and poor products from there, but I've found that WM and Can Tire don't really provide a better products, they just cost more.
    @danger_dan We have a large light like the Unicorn one you showed, but ours is a double metal pinwheel, still going so far.
    The one that really got my goat was the tree! O.K. not a " tree " tree, but a one piece thingy ( about 3 feet high ) with a set of branches that bend out and down and have lights all along them and so stunning at Christmas out there among my other decor.
    Then DEAD! No reason.
    DH tinkered, brought it back to life twice, but now we are set to have the funeral for it anytime.
    Grrr.

Was this helpful? ______ yes ________no

bwahaha!! I went out to get gas this morning and @Lynn49 I know you mentioned you have never seen a male Cardinal bird BUT when I pulled back up in the driveway there was one sitting on my large recycle bin!! When i opened the vehicle door he flew into the apple tree.
    I told him he was beautiful! And then he took off across the street! Just gorgeous.
    That made my morning ya know? I feel so honoured whenever any wildlife visits me.
    Lynn49, GoJays, cath007 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I told him he was beautiful! And then he took off across the street! Just gorgeous.
    That made my morning ya know? I feel so honoured whenever any wildlife visits me.
    Visiting wildlife? @walkonby , do you want a rabbit? This one digs under your shed and house. And will give you baby rabbits too. Let me know if you want one. Or a few....
    Lynn49, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Visiting wildlife? @walkonby, do you want a rabbit? This one digs under your shed and house. And will give you baby rabbits too. Let me know if you want one. Or a few....
    walkonby, cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    o.k. I'll weigh in here about the solar lights.
    Yes @Lynn49 haven't we all been frustrated by the absolute beauty when we first set up our new-est set of garden lights?
    My garage has a few sets that stopped working ( like me!! ha ha ) but I just cannot discard them thinking one day DH will sit down and tinker with them to get them working again.

And HRMPH!! to your dis on " Giant Tiger cheap " ha ha I've had both good and poor products from there, but I've found that WM and Can Tire don't really provide a better products, they just cost more.
    @danger_dan We have a large light like the Unicorn one you showed, but ours is a double metal pinwheel, still going so far.
    The one that really got my goat was the tree! O.K. not a " tree " tree, but a one piece thingy ( about 3 feet high ) with a set of branches that bend out and down and have lights all along them and so stunning at Christmas out there among my other decor.
    Then DEAD! No reason.
    DH tinkered, brought it back to life twice, but now we are set to have the funeral for it anytime.
    Grrr.

Was this helpful? ______ yes ________no

bwahaha!! I went out to get gas this morning and @Lynn49 I know you mentioned you have never seen a male Cardinal bird BUT when I pulled back up in the driveway there was one sitting on my large recycle bin!! When i opened the vehicle door he flew into the apple tree.
    You're so right, @walkonby ...it really is an honour to be visited by wee critters...you can imagine how I felt when that chipmunk gently took that peanut from my hand and just sat there eating it!! That, to me, was a small miracle...miracles don't always come with thunder and bolts of lightning. As for the GTBoutique, oh, absoltuely there are quite a few good stuffs to be found there, but I've only seen those patio lights that are sold by their check-outs in the summer...single ones for a buck or something. Those are the ones I was talking about....I just don't understand why all those solar lights die!! Our kids bought quite expensive square ones for all the posts on their deck, down the stairs, and I doubt half of them are working now! Honestly we should be able to take them back after 2 years! That's a lot of money we're all wasting! Oh, hey!!!! We have a long length of that string of lights in a plastic hose-type contraption that we could weave in and out of our gardens at camp!! We could plug it in outside and just do that when we leave in the evenings to visit the kids or just to make it all so pretty among my beloved hostas. Omgosh, some of the RVs on our street are so beautifully decorated, but they've been there for years and years!

Thanksgiving dinner is cancelled. It was a tough decision, our DD and I chatted over the phone earlier and just felt that it would be the hardest decision to make for the weekend, but ultimately we decided to let it go. Our SIL is back to work, our GS is at school, and has a membership to Goodlife Fitness where he goes twice a week, guitar lesson with his teacher once a week....we just couldn't chance it with me, particularly. I've been on 2 puffers this fall for my allergies and asthma so I'm not the best candidate to overcome covid.
    I told her that if we hit a lovely weekend day we'll just gather on out deck like we did in stage 1 1/2, sip wine and chat for the evening.
    We see them every single day at camp and I miss seeing them as much here....this 2nd wave is scary.

OK!!! Toodles!!
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

walkonby, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning peeps.
    GoJays, walkonby and cath007 like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I love these good morning smiles!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! I Hope you had a great sleep!!!! Today I have a few errands to go ,food prep and then after order per e-mail some compagnies coupons!!! Really nice weather not to cold,love that!!! Have a wonderfull day all!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Oct 6th, 2020 at 10:15 AM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

OMGOSH!! That is the BEST!! Have you seen this one?

Thread Information