User Tag List

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

As per clothing i had very little before the pandemic as i wore a uniform to work for years .Then took care of my dear mom so wasn,t focusing on myself at all. I have always put my grandkids before myself ,so it felt real nice to buy a summer dress this summer as i wore it to an outdoor patio for lunch on my birthday sept22.I know for a fact i will not be dining in or sitting on a patio anytime soon .

So it is what it is ,i will keep looking for a few deals here or there for myself ,but if i dont get anything i will not worry .

I am feeling better my voice is coming back(still have a bit of cought) havent been out since last thursday to shoppers for seniors day .

I just decided to CLR all the taps in the house ( a lot of hard water build up),mind you took the bathtub inside tap insert off to clean and had a hard time getting it back on .lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Wow online shopping is getting harder for my size ,they are all selling out large & xl or are just to darn expensive.Just went on joe fresh site as i have a 15% off code good til oct31 and no long sleeve xl tops .I may call them and ask them to extend that code ,we will see.

I heard on the news this morning 50% off people are doing online shopping -wow .I have to get moving on the grandkids toys for xmas .I will ask what they are into or they may like .I have one gift for sebastian and a small one for ashlyn .
    I find even in stores large and extra large are sold out. I'm looking for a warm cardigan with little success :-(
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I find even in stores large and extra large are sold out. I'm looking for a warm cardigan with little success :-(
    All the weight everyone gained in March and April when lock down started
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Ciel-sorry to hear about the decline in your health. I am wondering if you would be eligible for the CPP disability pension since you are ill and it sounds like unable to work. Perhaps you have already looked into that.
    No, I hadn't looked at a disability pension but since I did not have a lot of long work experience, there would not be much to get.

However, I want to see if the CPP death benefit of $2500 applies to me despite my mostly part-time work sporadically over the years. And if so, could I get CPP to advance it to a funeral home if I decide to get a prearranged funeral or cremation? Just on my things to find out in October list.

Thanks to all the SCers posting thoughts about my health journeys as well as your own journeys. I'll share a book title in the Grief thread as the book, while a US publication, has a chapter for caregivers, which many of you have been for other family or friends. I'd have loved to have had this title in 2018 (fall) so I could have tried to get discussions going on with Dad, Mom and Bro about care or funeral wishes. But I have this resource now (HPL has the book, Mississauga PL has the e-book version) and I get much comfort from it. Also, for those of you who know anyone with frequent hospital visits, there is a chapter on how to advocate for someone in hospital, preparing questions, recording notes, etc.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    All the weight everyone gained in March and April when lock down started
    As well as past three years' trend of stores not stocking physical stock as much, with the popularity of online shopping or just wanting to play safe on item counts.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Redeemed 2 fpcs for seed of change
    and 2 fpcs for uncle bens beans
    father was with me (1 per costumer)
    lt was at iga
    I have just seen them at metro and iga in qc
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 That's great that the envelope got to you in about 4.5 days time! I had mailed it the Friday afternoon of Thanksgiving weekend.

The veggie taco mix suggestions are appreciated! I never tried the mix with red lentils and the black bean combo is on my to-try list!

Last Thursday, I made applesauce cake from Five Roses' cookbook to replace the chiffon cake I ate mostly by myself yesterday (carb craving was real). I melted butter on the stove and peeled/diced three Honeycrisp apples and added a little water to make sauce on the stovetop. Despite the hot applesauce and having greased and floured the pan, the cake turned out well (no telltale flour really on the exterior as it got sopped up by dough during baking). That was a first-and the crumb was moist, not too heavy. Cake went over well with Mom (and eaten quickly as well).

Saturday-spent time outdoors. Took in last of cherry tomatoes, yanked out the plants and edged the garden after lawn mowing (a session with tractor and a few minutes with push mower). Noticed quite a few self-sown bulbils from August/July garlic harvests had sprouted and grown, so I transplanted about 20 of the bigger ones *stalks are 4 or more inches tall* to the same area with the sown in Sept garlic cloves. I won't do a soil turning of the garden except in spots where large clumps of grass can be loosened for pulling out. Managed to get a couple of yard bags filled with vegetation. Felt good to have that stuff done. Now I just have some weeding to do and maybe check which garden seeds to toss out (some old dates on many packets) and see if there are carrot seeds from the last 5 years, as the older ones are not sprouting much if at all. Saw tiny radish leaves here and there so the old seeds still have a bit of life in them (from the late Sept sowing).

Today, I have to step out into the rain to add my bottle money from yesterday and from last week to my account. It's time to get Disney+ back on the laptop so friend and I can get caught up on missed Gallery episodes 6-8 and anything else prior to Oct. 30. Did find out on the weekend that the Black Beauty movie will stream on Disney+ on November 27. My laptop will be loaned that weekend to my friend, who wants to see the film.

Yesterday, Mom made stuffed peppers. We ate most of them-but I found the potatoes and sauce the best of the lot. Stuffing was meh (she used a mixed ground meat blend and it was not the best result) as she used arborio rice instead of long-grain.

Actually ate Cavendish straight cut fries for breakfast today. They were great!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

saw display of dove deodorant coupons at pharmacie jean coutu but it was empty..why I am not surprised...?
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In case you missed last week's news that Health Canada recalled some hand sanitizers (77?), check to see that you don't have these ones
    in use:
    https://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/r...-eng.php?cat=3

The SC Blog had a post about the recalls last week.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    As well as past three years' trend of stores not stocking physical stock as much, with the popularity of online shopping or just wanting to play safe on item counts.
    Not much online shopping for me as I am a 3 xl..was just happy to find pyjamas that fit in value village and my fall coat in wm online

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Valumart has cheemo perogies on for $2 plus 500 pc pts
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Oct 20th, 2020 at 09:11 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am on the hunt for onsale PJs for kids. I plan on giving each of my dc kids PJs... a custom cup ( already done) and hopefull y a book is $ willl allow.
    my online shoppingneeds to be done by mid november. must, must must.

I normally give a gc to a play place anda book ... this year, i am doing something different.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-I don't think you can get the CPP death benefit ahead of time-but I hope you might get a disability benefit-perhaps it would even be backdated for a year if you qualify.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just did at least 20 reviews for chick advisor and I hope to get choose for the perfume..Honnestly I am only at letter c for the products I use so this is difficult to do...I wonder how they choose the persons who do the review?Or it is random.??? Anyway will maybe continue tomorrow.for now I am tired.good night!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -pretty sure if i remember back 7 years ago,you have to show the death certificate to apply for the cpp death benefit .My dear mom never qualified for it and she worked maybe not that much as she worked in a factory and babysat when she was older .

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information