User Tag List

Page 1449 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 449 949 1349 1399 1439 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1459 1499 1549 1949 ... LastLast
Results 21,721 to 21,735 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Christmas Eve.....yes! Good morning early bird Jay.
    Tonight's late night feast is T-bone steaks and baked spuds done on the charcoal BBQ. I see the rain is threatening to spoil my outside grilling adventure. BRING IT! rain man.... I've grilled in worse conditions.

The family insisted we have canned brown beans with the steak meal. No problem!
    One minute after midnight we start the unwrapping! I've mentioned this before, it's not so much that we " cannot wait till morning " , more along the lines of shift workers need special treatment, they are night owls, ALL of them, so I stopped fighting that years ago.
    I am the lone morning person, so on the 25th when they're all in dreamland I can get stuff done in the kitchen in peace.
    Sip my coffee, enjoy the quiet...ahhhh.

DD took an early shift at work today so I'll be out the door with her, a last chance to grab " anything " I may have forgotten in one of a few grocery store outings.
    I'm a dedicated list maker, have to be or I'd forget many more ingredients, items, etc.
    The other day I intentionally turned down an aisle in Metro to look for lactose free hard cheese ( to accommodate DS ), but as I strolled past the deli counter my eyes went to hummus and some other items and I began pondering " should I grab some of those "? I decided no.

As I pushed the cart forward....how embarrassing! I simply could not remember what it was I had turned down there for.
    I stopped the cart, stood very still, closed my eyes and eventually backtracked my thoughts....the equivalent of going back into another room to remember what you forgot.

So to any shoppers who happened upon me there...I was not praying or meditating....although both may have helped!
    @Natalka it seems you'll be enjoying a Christmas meal after all. Bless your DH, I hope he can help you get those pans of squares baked up! You said you celebrate on the 24th, did you mean the turkey meal?
    Whichever way your bird and sides get served up, I wish you all the best to close out this awful excuse of a year!

Last minute baking?? Why not!!

Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Dec 24th, 2020 at 04:18 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

It was great fun having the kids for dinner yesterday, and if anyone is addicted as we were to that over-priced little wheel of Boursin cheese, the recipe I used for it was a smashing success! If anyone wants it, just ask.

Today is a day of rest, thank goodness, tomorrow will be quite another story!

We had such a downpour this morning that it woke me up! Happily just rain and so far no snow falling, but I have a feeling that may change.

Have fun doing all the last-minute things today before Santa arrives!
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Christmas Eve.....yes! Good morning early bird Jay.
    Tonight's late night feast is T-bone steaks and baked spuds done on the charcoal BBQ. I see the rain is threatening to spoil my outside grilling adventure. BRING IT! rain man.... I've grilled in worse conditions.

The family insisted we have canned brown beans with the steak meal. No problem!
    One minute after midnight we start the unwrapping! I've mentioned this before, it's not so much that we " cannot wait till morning " , more along the lines of shift workers need special treatment, they are night owls, ALL of them, so I stopped fighting that years ago.
    I am the lone morning person, so on the 25th when they're all in dreamland I can get stuff done in the kitchen in peace.
    Sip my coffee, enjoy the quiet...ahhhh.

DD took an early shift at work today so I'll be out the door with her, a last chance to grab " anything " I may have forgotten in one of a few grocery store outings.
    I'm a dedicated list maker, have to be or I'd forget many more ingredients, items, etc.
    The other day I intentionally turned down an aisle in Metro to look for lactose free hard cheese ( to accommodate DS ), but as I strolled past the deli counter my eyes went to hummus and some other items and I began pondering " should I grab some of those "? I decided no.

As I pushed the cart forward....how embarrassing! I simply could not remember what it was I had turned down there for.
    I stopped the cart, stood very still, closed my eyes and eventually backtracked my thoughts....the equivalent of going back into another room to remember what you forgot.

So to any shoppers who happened upon me there...I was not praying or meditating....although both may have helped!
    @Natalka it seems you'll be enjoying a Christmas meal after all. Bless your DH, I hope he can help you get those pans of squares baked up! You said you celebrate on the 24th, did you mean the turkey meal?
    Whichever way your bird and sides get served up, I wish you all the best to close out this awful excuse of a year!

Last minute baking?? Why not!!

What creepy hands! Eeek!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope everyone has a good Christmas. I’ve been a bit sore from the gym but that’s ok. Christmas Eve and my aunt is in Sudbury with her daughter, son in law and their kids (should be back tomorrow. My cousin here is probably doing his own New Year’s Eve with his wife and kids. I’m sitting here alone and Christmas is bitter sweet because my mom passed away on Christmas Day in 1998. Will be heading to my cousins tomorrow for Christmas before the lockdown starts at midnight Christmas night.

really hope everyone has a way better new year.
    heartgirl99, GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Hope everyone has a good Christmas. I’ve been a bit sore from the gym but that’s ok. Christmas Eve and my aunt is in Sudbury with her daughter, son in law and their kids (should be back tomorrow. My cousin here is probably doing his own New Year’s Eve with his wife and kids. I’m sitting here alone and Christmas is bitter sweet because my mom passed away on Christmas Day in 1998. Will be heading to my cousins tomorrow for Christmas before the lockdown starts at midnight Christmas night.

really hope everyone has a way better new year.
    @cabmonk that sure is bittersweet losing your Mom on what should have been such a joyous holiday. It's been so many years since my Dad has passed ( Dec23, 1976 ). I feel I was truly another person back then....so young.
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Dec 24th, 2020 at 09:02 PM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @cabmonk that sure is bittersweet losing your Mom on what should have been such a joyous holiday. It's been so many years since my Dad has passed ( Dec23, 1976 ). I feel I was truly another person back then....so young.
    @cabmonk @walkonby I hear and feel for you both.It is difficult losing someone but losing someone at Christmas is truly hard. I too lost my Mom a few days after Christmas back in 1975 and I still feel it all these years later.One is never the same!
    May you and others reading this know an abundance of grace, peace, comfort and strength.
    Tiny Tim said it best “God bless us everyone “
    ROMEO, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Stopping in now to wish everyone a very merry and safe Christmas

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

merry christmas, everyone!

Lynn49, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

2020 has been a dumpster fire

Lynn49, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy. Peace. Love. Joy.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Skippy and @walkonby thank you and I hope everyone has a way better 2021. I’m heading to the gym soon just for a bit before they close tonight at midnight for the 2 week lockdown here (unless they extend it)
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information